Paul McCartney - McCartney III (Dec 18, 2020)*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Jerry Horne, Jun 23, 2018.

1. Sargon

Sargon OHNOTHIMAGAIN

My avatar General Ursis loves bananas. But his COVID weight is forcing him to cut back a bit. :disgust:

Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
  2. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

It may be concise, but is it accurate? It lists ten songs; we know there are eleven. It lists the last two titles as two separate songs when one particularly informed member here (not me!) has stated on multiple occasions that the final two titles are a medley as one track. It lists the Target vinyl as being limited to 1500 pieces. Where does that info come from? Not Target's site. And I don't *think* it was posted here (please correct me if I'm wrong, someone). I'm not saying that all info has to be posted here to be accurate, but virtually all the facts have been reported here regarding this release that are known, afaik.

Also - no offense if the site is run by a fellow SHF member - but just because you have a site or a blog doesn't make you infallible. I tried to contact three well-known bloggers when I first heard the news about the album. Only one even bothered to get back to me and he said he hadn't heard anything. Plus, let's not forget all those "knowledgeable" people on blogs/twitter stating this would likely be a "double album". What are they saying about that now?

3. MPLRecords

MPLRecords Owner of eleven copies of Tug of War

Not accurate now, but I imagine it will be fairly soon. The site is a great resource and it seems like the fella who runs it is doing his best to gather information on the new release as it comes.

4. beatlesfan9091

beatlesfan9091 Forum Resident

James Revisionism McCartney? :shh:

5. supermd

supermd Senior Member

I forgot we had that. :laugh:

6. rainingdogs

rainingdogs Death Of A Clown

7. tug_of_war

tug_of_war Unable to tolerate bass solos

Did I read "sessions"? :love:
    Do you remember what site is it?

AlienGirlWorx likes this.
  8. Sean Murdock

Sean Murdock Forum Intruder

Woah, hold on there ... don't blame those on me! Arnie, maybe?

9. OK after scouring, the internet including The McCartney Project - I have an extensive list to add to Dr. Pepper’s attached above.

My reason for this post and related ones - was to wrap my mind around the various styles of songs that might be heard in McCartney III. The sounds, mood, tones and genius musical map that Macca May have created for us to travel.

This will most likely NOT be your father OR brother’s McCartney (all solo) album.
    One because Paul routinely switches things up. Two - look at the broad palette of songs he is painting with now!

Some songs are fairly easy to imagine as just Paul. Some boggle the mind. Even with all of modern technology available - his impossible to measure musical talent and creativity - his ability to assemble multiple layers of tracked music to sound like a full band with added session players is amazing

Caveat Emptor: A good many of these songs do have minimal assistance, but that is only percussive work and engineering/technical assistance. Macca plays everything else you hear on these songs.

There certainly may be a mistake or different music credit report, here or there. If so, it’s definitely good to correct the record or offer other purported credits. But in no way should we ignore the songs and performances that he has done.

Know others, not here? Please add!

LOOK AT THIS LIST (And Dr. Peppers above).
    AMAZING.

NEW

Save Us
    Queenie Eye
    Road
    Struggle
    Hosanna
    ———————————————————————-

Memory Almost Full
    ————————————————————————————

Dance Tonight
    Ever Present Pass
    Mr. Bellamy
    Gratitude
    The End of the End
    See Your Sunshine
    Nod Your Head

Egypt Station
    ———————————————————————-

Happy With You
    People Want Peace
    Hand In Hand
    Dominoes
    Back In Brazil
    C-Link

Tord, Paulwalrus, Who Cares and 2 others like this.
  10. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Unfortunately I think he shut the site down

tug_of_war likes this.
  11. Geordiepete

Geordiepete Tippet tyer

Your list for New is the same as the Memory Almost Full one.

Paperback Writer likes this.
  12. Darrin L.

Darrin L. Forum Resident

Yes...I had it bookmarked, but just checked and it's no longer available.

13. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

I guess you re right there. Overall it Wasn t exactley slammed but the reception was mixed though at least compared to how it is wiewed today. It was a very popular album among the audience though. I have aloved Ram since release day-perhaps more than any other album

Mkirk likes this.

14. Thanks - FIXED!

15. cb70

cb70 Senior Member

The last hosting place shut it down because it kept surpassing it's monthly bandwidth allowance. I just keep it updated locally on my machine now until I find the time to upload it somewhere.

16. mike s in nyc

mike s in nyc Forum Resident

so this thread is at 290 pages- wow, there's a lot of interest in this upcoming album!

i have pre-ordered it, so yeah, I guess i'm looking forward, but.. also kind of hoping i like it more then i liked 'egypt station' and some of the other recent mccartney albums. To be brutally honest, i havent liked one of his all-original albums most of the way thru since 'chaos and creation' (......... some of 'new' i liked a lot , i have to say, tho some of it left me cold.
    im excluding 'kisses on the bottom from this discussion- i really liked it, but he only wrote two songs so its not primarily a 'new mccartney songs' album

large sections of 'egypt station', and 'memory almost full' just didnt do it for me, to be honest- maybe too 'produced', too loud, and/or too slight lyrically? (sorry and i dont mean to rain on parades here, but i really want some age-appropriate quieter and more melodic playing and some thoughtful lyrics, --- tho yeah, he's way too talented to ever count out ! (and some of the bonus/rare 'egypt' stuff was better then a lot on album for sure)

17. mrjinks

Are “drums” really just “percussive work”? I’d say when he’s got another dude playing drums, you can’t count it as a solo track. Perhaps that’s just me...

18. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Well as I’ve stated a few times here. Thanks for all of your work and compiling an awesome site. It’s one I liked to visit quite a lot. I hope at some point it’s back

Mkirk, omikron, gaels7592 and 7 others like this.
  19. FingerPickin'Triumph

FingerPickin'Triumph Forum Resident

Does anyone expect a single drop at midnight tonight? Assuming the answer is no.

20. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

From John Lennon's 31st birthday party, Uncle Albert / Admiral Halsey:

Yes

21. To me , it means almost solo and if he decided to track the drums on to what he had it would be solo.
    The point is not the “technical solo” status - but the almost solo - meaning he totally capable of making it solo, if he had to or wanted to. The biggest point is that this demonstrAtes the versatility of the music that could comprise McCartney III.

Remember, many, many are just Paul, drums and all.

supermd and Paulwalrus like this.
  22. mrjinks

Fair enough. I thought you were following up on the (lazy) Diet Dr. Pepper’s request to find tracks featuring JUST Paul, though, so it seemed to me as though you veered off target a bit. But since Mr. RC Cola doesn’t have the time to comb through album credits himself, I guess that gives you free rein to modify. :winkgrin:

supermd and Paperback Writer like this.
  23. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

Is Paul McCartney a Steve Hoffman Forum's member?

From McCartney III - The New Studio Album Out December 11

"'Long Tailed Winter Bird' and 'Winter Bird/When Winter Comes' bookend McCartney III's vast and intimate range of modes and moods, from soul searching to wistful, from playful to raucous and all points between — captured with some of the same gear from Paul’s Rude Studio used as far back as 1971 Wings sessions. "

omikron, Paperback Writer and mrjinks like this.
  24. mrjinks

Ha! That’s right! I’d forgotten that was in the official PR!
    :hide:
    I do think one of our members is holding back a bit on info they might have, based on a couple of their posts, but I’m not gonna single them out...

Paperback Writer and Who Cares like this.

25. Yeah , I had put out a request for all/almost, separately he was on a quest for all, so when I noticed we were on similar journeys - we then agreed to team up and share - ultimately sharing with all thread members.

theMess and Sean Murdock like this.