Paul McCartney - McCartney III (Dec 18, 2020)*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Jerry Horne, Jun 23, 2018.

1. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Since we're momentarily chatting about the Lexus promo, we ought to get pics of the actual cd. The image upthread showed the "slip cover" (open on both ends, kind of like the Driving Rain or Electric Arguments slip covers, except thick enough for 2 cds). Here's the front/rear of the cd case, courtesy of discogs:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    NOTE: I think "Get Out of My Way" would have been a better thematic choice than "Backwards Traveler", but they didn't ask me...

2. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

Bit strange how they list Back Seat Of My Car and Helen Wheels as if they were different versions (they aren't).

Colinjpush and joy stinson like this.
  3. joy stinson

joy stinson Secret friend

Yep...when things like this got too high end, they got past me...it almost makes me long for the old seventies days of general admissions concerts but getting tickets then were hit and miss and I never camped out but got lucky in the seventies with learning about radio station tickets for sale for the two solo Beatles I saw then and fortunately got otherwise tickets for big in demand concerts like the stones in 72. Many folks complained then and now when Paul and other acts went this way but the changing music industry and their lower profits forced some of this as well as much higher 21st century concert prices, money off expensive special edition physical media sales, as that was the way they made their money because the old album sales and think I read royalties but maybe not , the old ways of bigger artist profits were by then long gone.

4. Rorsontherun

Rorsontherun Forum Resident

Hi there! Been listening to the record and.. jeez, it's certainly a grower!
    What I realized is I would have loved the original Lavatory Lil if it had been an acoustic version (such as the outtake). Really enjoying the studio outtake version!

5. joy stinson

Was never familiar with this cd but...must say was always a..huge fan of backwards traveler..only fault is it’s way too short.

Olivier Northern Son and Cledwyn like this.
  6. joy stinson

Yes, this song reminds me if his old WA style stuff. Also, I wish I had that 2021 calendar shown in the slide of the song ,... I last saw those Beatles calendars in the eighties.

Rorsontherun and Ringo Hendrix like this.
  7. joy stinson

Including back seat was a strange but great choice....was this before the revival of ram? HW was always a great song..

8. Unfortunately you can’t

9. Greenalishi

Greenalishi Birds Aren’t Real

What a great record. Just got it hasn’t left my CD player. Just cool music. Creative and forward. Real Prince thing goin on. Wish he’d do this more rather than indulge his “fans” with Branson Nostalgia like Egypt. Really great record

10. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Agreed. Different masterings, maybe?

revolution_vanderbilt likes this.
  11. Pattch82

Pattch82 Trouble is - gloves don't give a sh!t.

The Yellow 333’s aren’t actually sealed... they come in a plastic sleeve, so there’s no seal to be broken as such.

I haven’t actually played my 333 copy yet, but I have taken it out of the sleeve to take a peek! Although exposure to air may have devalued it! :laugh:

Mazzy, Sargon and jmxw like this.
  12. Goat

Goat Forum Resident

I like this new offering from Paul, I don't think it's is good as McCartney 1 but I am enjoying it.

I was thinking about possible singles on the album and I think the most obvious one, for me anyway, would be Seize the Day.. very catchy song, I keep whistling it much to my wife's annoyance :)

Resroc62, I333I, foxylady and 2 others like this.
  13. RockyRoll

RockyRoll Forum Resident

I must congratulate McCartney as this thread approaches 1000 pages, lasting far beyond McCartney 3 album on Billboard's Top 200 albums chart at position #200 and disappearing on UKs Top 100 chart. It's a great album though, probably his best since Flaming Pie IMO.

14. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here’s the slip case, side view and then slip cover and two cd’s

omikron, Paul P., Who Cares and 6 others like this.
  15. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

Show off.. :)

James McCartney and Susan Gagne like this.
  16. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Not really, just old and amassed a great deal of stuff

17. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

It was most probably because it fit in with the "driving/motorcar" theme of the comp.

And likely didn't hurt that it was a pretty good song. [Good enough to be picked as the single instead of Uncle Albert in the UK...]

joy stinson likes this.
  18. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

Yeah. It'd probably only sell for $3500 on ebay instead of $5000... :laugh:

Pattch82 and joy stinson like this.
  19. Henrik Jutbring

Henrik Jutbring Forum Resident

From MusicVaultz now:
    ”We have been informed from the supplier that the release date has changed for the product(s) below that you have ordered.
    • 1 x McCartney III (Opaque Yellow) - Paul McCartney - 113
    The new release date is 19 February 2021.”

Please help me to make sense of this. I thought the yellow vinyl was already released (McCartney* - McCartney III ), or does this refer to the US version only?

Thanks.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
    FLF and tug_of_war like this.
  20. tug_of_war

tug_of_war Unable to tolerate bass solos

Maybe all vinyl are yellow but some are "yellower" than others...

:sigh:

21. calluses

calluses Forum Resident

I got this email too. I guess it means the yellow vinyl is made in EU and none of the copies made it to North America.

Edit: Ok, so it’s indeed made in Germany, but the copies sold on eBay with actual photos are located in the US. So I guess it’s a MusicVaultz problem.

By the way, AFAIK none of the record stores in Toronto received the indie store white vinyl. What the heck is going on...

Henrik Jutbring likes this.
  22. calluses

calluses Forum Resident

I’m still very much puzzled by the B&N blue vs FNAC blue (or the HMV, Sunrise Records etc etc)

It’s a cruel joke for those who want to complete the rainbow.

tug_of_war likes this.
  23. FLF

FLF The insurgency began and you missed it.

I got this email too and I'm not really thrilled to say the least. It makes me wonder if it's a precursor to them not being able to fill the orders at all. I don't care when they send it, I just don't want my order to get cancelled. :(

Sargon and Henrik Jutbring like this.
  24. Henrik Jutbring

Yes there is a slight differance of blue nuance between FNAC and B&N. But I would not call it different colors.

It appears there are both US and EU pressings of the black, red, blue, white and now yellow versions. Or are there ”double” pressings of all variants? (Except for 333 of course.)

Sargon and Bill813 like this.
  25. Henrik Jutbring

Ok, so it is actually not a changed ”release date” for the product, rather a postponed shipping date..?

hEARt PhoniX likes this.