Paul McCartney new track Oct, Nov 2016

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Wiserforthetime, Oct 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. supermd

supermd Senior Member

Are you sure Alice did vocals on it? It's two Pauls with light Alice (possibly) in the background.

2. Wiserforthetime

Wiserforthetime Forum Resident Thread Starter

I love "(I Want To) Come Home"

forthlin, theMess, Johnny Reb and 3 others like this.
  3. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident

Has anyone managed to find a link to anywhere selling a digital download of this in the UK yet (I know we've seen a CD link on other threads).

I've not been able to find a download link on either the UK Amazon or iTunes sites.

4. JAMES A KELEMAN

JAMES A KELEMAN Forum Resident

Same here. I wish the other songs he recorded during those sessions would be released. If I'm correct, he recorded other songs too right?

5. Wiserforthetime

I'm not sure because when he re order and released that I was unfortunately in the hospital Having a lung removed. So I was out of commission for weeks. But if he did I want to hear them

6. Wiserforthetime

If you mean the New one then no, All I found was a pre order for the psyical soundtrack

OobuJoobu likes this.
  7. mindgames

mindgames Forum Resident

A digital release can go live in a split second without announcement or pre-order page. See 'New', the song.

theMess likes this.
  8. Glenn Christense

Glenn Christense Foremost Beatles expert... on my block

Yes, it can happen in the blink of an eye . ;)

9. JAMES A KELEMAN

Hahahahahaha

theMess and Glenn Christense like this.
  10. paulmccartneyistheman

paulmccartneyistheman Forum Resident

The second time he says "didn't I hear you say.." is him isn't it? Where it gets a little higher pitched? It could be just Paul(and I'm going crazy)

11. supermd

supermd Senior Member

Oh, I have no clue haha. I thought you meant the second voice in the left channel. That one is definitely Paul.

paulmccartneyistheman likes this.
  12. paulmccartneyistheman

I love the layered vocals on that track, I hope he does that on a new track next album..

theMess and supermd like this.
  13. supermd

supermd Senior Member

Yes, I was thinking that earlier today while listening to "Come and Get It." It's a good example of how his voice can sound great, and it's a neat effect.

14. paulmccartneyistheman

Alrighty English folks, what's taking us so long?

No, only joking. Anybody see anything?

15. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident

Another 42 minutes until midnight! :)

Edit: Done a search on Amazon and iTunes just in case something slipped early, but nothing yet.

16. paulmccartneyistheman

My apologies :D

I was assuming y'all where 6 hours ahead.. guess what happened when I assumed...

theMess likes this.
  17. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident

We're a very advanced nation, but perhaps an hour less advanced than you give us credit for ;)

forthlin, mBen989, theMess and 5 others like this.
  18. Wiserforthetime

6 hours til midnight where I'm at (fingers crossed for a U.S. release otherwise I'm pre ordering the soundtrack from Amazon UK)

19. JAMES A KELEMAN

Anything yet???

20. mindgames

mindgames Forum Resident

Went live as expected at midnight UK time. Vocal fragile but sounding natural, not masked by quadruple-tracking and echo. The lower-sung verses are largely unprocessed, the higher-sung chorus is obviously pitch corrected, but it's not distasteful.

theMess likes this.
  21. paulmccartneyistheman

How do you like the song?

theMess likes this.
  22. mindgames

mindgames Forum Resident

It's really by the numbers McCartney to me. It does have that beautiful 'We All Stand Together'-like quality in the instrumental orchestral parts, but the melody of the main song isn't half as good. The melody of the verses are un-McCartney-like predictable in an 'Early Days' kind of way, with the chorus going into repetitive 'Hope of The Future' territories again, which is just not getting there.

You still instantly hear it's McCartney though with the string arrangements and the acoustic guitar coming in, even when his warbling post-2012 ish vocals are something to get used to, something which is beyond pitch correction repair, and in the last 4 years for the first time showed off-stage as well. And again, the instrumental orchestral parts is where McCartney really flourishes on this composition. It's incredible how distinctive that keeps on being throughout his career.

deany76 likes this.
  23. JAMES A KELEMAN

Where can I find it?

24. JAMES A KELEMAN

Where did you listen to it?

25. SixOClockBoos

SixOClockBoos The Man On The Flaming Pie

Any links available to the song? I can't wait until it releases in the U.S. (if it even happens)

paulmccartneyistheman likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.