Paul McCartney & Rick Rubin teaming on 6-part TV docuseries, "3, 2, 1"*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Galaga King, Dec 16, 2020.

1. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

First line Paul sings on this short clip is....."Life Can Be Hard". But like I said, a very short 35-40 before stopping

2. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Went back and listened to this, been a long time

3. James McCartney

James McCartney Forum Resident

But since the documentary was filmed 1 year ago, he may have finished it by now. Also, if the song was still not done in summer 2020, I doubt that it is for "It's a Wonderful Life", since Paul allegedly had already finished demos for the cast to rehearse by then.

BeatlesObsessive and omikron like this.
  4. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Having heard the 40 second clip, I do not think it would be used as a single or stand alone release
    I guess time will tell what and where it will be used. But you are right, song could very well have been finished

James McCartney likes this.
  5. James McCartney

James McCartney Forum Resident

Maybe it will sit next to the song he did with Andrew Watt on a future album ;)

6. kevintee

kevintee I’d rather be listening to McCartney

Rats! :realmad:

Trader Joe likes this.
  7. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Not that I’m any authority, just opinion there

Trader Joe and kevintee like this.
  8. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Let us hope

9. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Apparently, this is gonna be a pseudo doc, and it will focus on how someone has stolen the McCartney masters from Abbey Road, and efforts to retrieve them. McCartney calls this a "dream project".

10. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Not to mention the CSN "Hot Dogs Back Up in Space" covers album he recorded.

11. kevintee

kevintee I’d rather be listening to McCartney

Well…….it may be your opinion, and you very well could be right…….but around these parts you are a bit of an authority.
    :shtiphat: :righton:

joy stinson and Trader Joe like this.
  12. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

I think that we can speculate with pretty good odds that 2022 will bring us new McCartney music. Question may be, in what form.

We know that he wrote 20+ songs for “It’s A Wonderful Life”. Now that Covid restrictions have lessened, I’d fully expect that work on this production will begin again if they have not already. I would say that the odds on favorite would be that these McCartney penned songs would wind up on a soundtrack sung by cast of the show. Less likely that we would get a McCartney sung vision of these songs but we can hope.

We know that a song was done with Andrew Watt which who knows, could appear later this year as well.

Another very high odds is a soundtrack for “High In The Clouds” which has not been talked about here very much since Covid has disrupted the world but it is still slated for 2022 on the Netflix site. I think it was @cb70 who let us know that there was I think 11 or 12 songs specially written for the animation (not sure if I am remembering the exact number of tracks but that’s my recollection). Of course the one we know most about is the song with Lady Gaga. I would expect Paul to be singing on this collection.

While another new album may be low odds, we still have a Paul who has had over a year of free time with no touring. Who knows how much writing he’s been doing…..from Hulu we know there’s at least “Life Can Be Hard” has been played with. Most of III I think Paul said we’re songs hanging around that he wanted to finish.

These are just some that we can speculate on.

13. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Also, been since 2008 since we had a Fireman album. With “Electric Arguments” so well received with his fan base , might it be a good time to sneak another one in.

14. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

9pm-11pm

Lewisboogie and anthony_beat like this.
  15. sgtmono

sgtmono Seasoned Member

16. beatbro

beatbro Forum Resident

17. marmalade166

marmalade166 Sous les pavés, la plage!

18. Galaga King

Galaga King "Drive where the cops ain't" Thread Starter

Looks like the focus is on the Beatles. I was hoping for a doc on his solo career.

joy stinson, foxylady, joelee and 3 others like this.
  19. Cristiano Cortellazzi

Cristiano Cortellazzi Forum Resident

There is no reason to be anxious. I'm Italian, I live in Italy and Apple sent me the email announcing Get Back on Disney +.
    Why would they have sent it to me if the film was a US exclusive?

Likewise, I haven't received anything about this Paul doc, simply because Hulu doesn't exist here.

;)

20. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

A buddy saw it, they were disappointed. Very little new here, I'll still watch but my expectations have been lowered

Cristiano Cortellazzi likes this.
  21. MaybeI'mMrsVandebilt

MaybeI'mMrsVandebilt Just spinning on my axis

So how are we to access this documentary? Will it be on Disney + as of tomorrow? I can't find any info.

joy stinson likes this.
  22. Cristiano Cortellazzi

I don't know. Maybe in the coming days. And, of course, on homevideo at some point.

MaybeI'mMrsVandebilt likes this.
  23. Cristiano Cortellazzi

Really? Oh well, I'll wait then, no sweat.. :)

24. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

I’ll watch on Friday but expectations lowered.

Cristiano Cortellazzi likes this.
  25. Cristiano Cortellazzi

Let us know, please.

MaybeI'mMrsVandebilt likes this.