Paul McCartney - The 7" Singles [Release date December 2nd 2022]

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Max Wilbury, Nov 9, 2022.

1. britt2001b

britt2001b Senior Member

Paul has provided a great guide to go by for the remixing of "Rubber Soul" with the single cover of "Press". Excellent stereo imaging!

[​IMG]

Shawn, Eska68, Lewisboogie and 7 others like this.
  2. jordanlolss

jordanlolss Forum Resident

Just when I thought this story couldn't get better... FedEx drops another package off at my house.
    What is it? A SECOND SINGLES BOX.

There was clearly some screw up by FedEx, as it turns out the first box that was delivered today (which is the one I have been tracking) was somebody's elses box that FedEx slapped a new label on with my address on it.

So... now I have two of these boxes. Emailed PMC support to see what they want me to do with this... There is some poor chap out there whose box went missing and it's in my house.. lol

3. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

Ah, that must be my box....... :laugh::laugh:

anthontherun, Shawn, Rocco and 10 others like this.
  4. One problem with your theory is that the single version contains a lot of vocals that are not on the album version. Just listening to the LP version and the single version, it is impossible for us to know if they were all recorded during the same session. Plus, Eight Arms indicates that at the very least, the scat vocals were recorded during the later session for the single. As far as a bootleg extended version of the album track, that admittedly could provide more clarity as to what vocals were initially recorded (but only IF the extended bootleg version predated the LP version), but I have not heard it.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2022
  5. Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne WYWH (1975-2025)

Interestingly enough, mine was due yesterday and tracking doesn't even say Out For Delivery today. Still, it seems it's somewhere in my state. You would think.

Good on you for being honest.

Shawn and MonkberryMoonDelight like this.
  6. jordanlolss

Of course. I was stressed enough with my 2-day delay getting it. I can't imagine how this person must feel.. I just looked up the original tracking # and it shows no updates on FedEx since December 2nd.

905, Shawn, theMess and 5 others like this.
  7. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Very honest. Nice.

But I'd open up BOTH boxes and decide which test pressing to keep... :idea:

;)

8. jordanlolss

I'm so tempted LOL, but I'm pretty happy with the test pressing I got on my first box.

905, theMess and supermd like this.
  9. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

And lo and behold, I have some poor chap who has been missing and he's in my house.

Maybe we can get the box set and him together... ;)

10. AppleCorp3

AppleCorp3 Forum Resident

Beat me to it!!

Arnold Grove likes this.
  11. Wiserforthetime

Wiserforthetime Forum Resident

Which did you get?

12. jordanlolss

Getting Closer / Baby's Request :)

905, theMess, ConnieGuitar and 8 others like this.
  13. Wiserforthetime

Wiserforthetime Forum Resident

That's a good one!

905, theMess, marklamb and 2 others like this.
  14. AppleCorp3

What are people’s thoughts with how they handled the Love is Stranger/I Am Your Singer label?

I personally don’t care for it. I’d have liked either a period label (Apple, or the labels used for the Wild Life album) or a reproduction of the promo/test pressings label, if any were made.

What say you?

theMess, steepien and mrjinks like this.
  15. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Yeah, it’s pretty, uh, “minimal.” Almost anything else would’ve shown more creativity. I’m still puzzled why they didn’t try to make the one US Apple more authentic…. I mean, they made the Capitol Pretty Little Head single sorta close to the original, why not Uncle Albert?

16. AppleCorp3

Yeah they got the font right on Uncle Albert, but the US apple looked different and certainly had different rim print. As someone in the US, it’s also weird to see the whole apple without a giant hole in the middle!

ConnieGuitar likes this.
  17. apple-richard

apple-richard *Overnight Sensation*

My Box is still not here because Fedex are idiots! My tracking fiasco...:doh:

Oak Park Michigan last Thursday
    Grove City Ohio Friday
    Spiceland Indiana Saturday
    Black River Falls Wisconsin Saturday
    Osseo Minnesota Monday
    Rapid City South Dakota Tuesday
    Aurora Colorado Wednesday
    Billings Montana Thursday
    Says I'll have it tomorrow morning, yeah right. :wtf:

theMess likes this.
  18. Andersoncouncil

Andersoncouncil Forum Resident

Had a few days off this week and made it through a complete listening of my Apple Music purchase of 7" singles (all 159 tracks). Some quick thoughts:
    The Beatles have been my favorite band since I was 12 years old (I'm 52 now). My older brothers handed down the gift of this amazing band. My first musical obsession, even though me and my friends loved metal and hard rock.
    Paul was never my favorite Beatle. That title would go to George.
    This set emphasizes (for me at least) that there is a lot of filler on Paul's solo albums (and I own all of them).
    But......THERE IS NO GREATER SINGLES ARTIST IN THE HISTORY OF ROCK THAN PAUL.
    Yup, more consistently great singles than his previous band, The Rolling Stones, Queen, anyone.

Such a great release. Cuts out the chaff and keeps all the greatness.

Rocco, Col, JeffreyB and 4 others like this.
  19. Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne WYWH (1975-2025)

Mine went from yesterday to today to "No scheduled delivery date at this time".

supermd, AppleCorp3 and apple-richard like this.
  20. apple-richard

apple-richard *Overnight Sensation*

Sorry

How hard is it to go from point A to point B? Apparently very hard for Fedex. :rolleyes:

Jerry Horne likes this.
  21. jordanlolss

Yesterday, when I contacted FedEx after my package was out for delivery (and then returned to the shipping center) 2 days in a row, the rep told me that this was normal and that FedEx *as per company policy* actually doesn't have to deliver the package until 10 days after they receive it at the local shipping center.

Jerry Horne and apple-richard like this.
  22. AppleCorp3

Mine went through a similar journey. It was only 4 days late, though.

Jerry Horne likes this.
  23. mcvoss

mcvoss Forum Resident

Off topic but don't get me started w/ FedEx. Morons have a hit rate of 10% of delivering stuff to my House. I get more items from FedEx for my neighbors and vice versa. Fiasco. I should be on their payroll as I fix and redeliver and pick up packages.
    Glad everyone is getting there boxes.

Michael

24. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

Paul McCartney - Save Us (Official Music Video)

905, theMess, tug_of_war and 4 others like this.
  25. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

You know... the more I think about it, the more I'm wondering how did they "seal" this round sleeve?

Anyone got a pic of the backside, so we can see where the folds are?

Oh.. wait... it looks like the sides/top/bottom are a bit squared off...
    [​IMG]

but.... [the plot thickens!]

[​IMG]
    This picture makes it look like the sides fold out..???

But... where's the line where the two sides would join up in the previous pic?

Man, this package confuses me!

:shake:

Who Cares and theMess like this.