Paul McCartney - The 7" Singles [Release date December 2nd 2022]

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Max Wilbury, Nov 9, 2022.

1. Brian from Canada

Brian from Canada Forum Resident

So Press to Play wasn't available for streaming in its CD format yet? I know the song was already available digitally in 2007.

jl151080, Who Cares and RAJ717 like this.
  2. Brian from Canada

Perhaps it's because the solo version pre-dates it? If so, then Stevie wouldn't get co-writing/co-producing credit on something he basically added vocals to.
    "What's That You're Doing" seems to be more of either a Stevie-started or genuine collaboration between the two.

As for the Michael Jackson singles, Paul gets no songwriting credit on "The Girl Is Mine."
    Both of the Pipes Of Peace cuts are credit to both, making me think they worked on the initial tune and lyrics together.
    Paul does talk about how Michael recorded the entire vocal to finish "Say Say Say" and then he did his recording to match – so the creativity would have flowed both ways.

3. Brian from Canada

A more valuable set would be his maxi-singles…
    Goodnight Tonight • Temporary Secretary • Ebony And Ivory • Ebony And Ivory [promo version with different b-sides] • Take It Away • Say Say Say • No More Lonely Nights [baker dance remix] • No More Lonely Nights [extended playout] • No More Lonely Nights [mole mix] • Spies Like Us • Press [1o"] • Press [12"] • Pretty Little Head • Only Love Remains • Once Upon a Long Ago [long version] • Once Upon A Long Ago [extended version] • My Brave Face • This One [12"] • This One [cd single] • Figure Of Eight [3" cd] • Figure Of Eight [5" cd] • Ou Est Le Soleil? [12"] • Party • Put It There • Birthday • All My Trials • All My Trials [special edition] • Hope Of Deliverance • Hope Of Deliverance/Deliverance • C'Mon People/Deliverance • C'Mon People • Off the Ground • Biker Like An Icon • A Leaf • Ballad Of the Skeletons • Young Boy [v1] • Young Boy [v2] • The World Tonight [v1] • The Work Tonight [v2] • Beautiful Night [v1] • Beautiful Night [v2] • Rushes • Fluid • No Other Baby/Brown Eyed Handsome Man [mono] • No Other Baby/Brown Eyed Handsome Man [stereo] • From a Lover To A Friend • Freedom/From A Lover To A Friend • Live8 • Really Love You [remix] • Fine Line • Jenny Wren • Ever Present Past • Live At The Amoeba • (I Want To) Come Home • Live at Capitol Studios [digital EP] • Out Of Sight • 1985 (remixes) • Hope For The Future​
    …and I'm sure I've missed some there too!

4. jacden

jacden Senior Member

I was just joking about the collaboration set. A maxi-singles set would be fantastic. For example I'd love to have the Off The Ground EP's in 12" form with all the B-sides accounted for. The Flaming Pie maxis would be fun as well with the Oobu Joobu segments taking entire Side B's. Etcetera etcetera...

5. Djmover

Djmover Forum Resident

Your right it is garbage and totally without any artistic merit as there are 10 songwriters credit to this and Paul is one of them which is in incredible when you think about it but apparently that’s how it does these days for a lot of top acts.

It was precisely done to appear hip and current nothing more .

It’s a shame Paul in trying to be hip didn’t work with Taylor Swift who is a genuine talent and puts out great albums .

WilliamWes, Drewzel and Boom Operator like this.
  6. Pretty.Odd.

Pretty.Odd. Guess I'm Dumb

It is, but the three additional tracks that were on the CD release are not on streaming services. Just tracks 1-10. This is from me looking at Apple Music, I'm not sure about other streaming services.

All of those 2007 bonus tracks have been removed for years and years now.

Lewisboogie and Who Cares like this.
  7. Brian from Canada

That we know of. He has jammed with her before on different occasions.
    I'm wondering if the two of them felt it didn't reach their expectation, or she just wasn't interested in that kind of marketing relationship at the moment.
    If you look at her collaborators, the only one that seems to have any weight is Ed Sheerhan in her catalogue.

8. Elliottmarx

Elliottmarx Always in the mood for Burt Bacharach

Something I predicted at the start of this year was that to celebrate his 80th, Paul would release 80 previously unreleased/rare songs. By rare I meant Vanilla Sky, Hope for the Future. I guess some of my prediction was okay - a psychic would be taking a victory lap, but I'm no charlatan.

Would MPL be so bold as to immediately copy this format (80 7") with something closer to my prediction?

In a sheer dollars and cents calculus, would this be the best way to generate money from Waterspout, Return to Pepperland, Cello in Ruins, etc? Each would be pressed as an A or B side in an elaborate 80 disc collection targeting collectors. It would be expensive, but also likely to sellout. Streaming availability eventually for the rest of us.

If he did this, with one set following the other, it would essentially resemble the Hot Hits Cold Cuts concept.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2022
    jricc, Eska68, theMess and 4 others like this.
  9. suffragette

suffragette McCartney vocal freak

I don't remember a live performance. Maybe my Chaos era DVDs are missing it ? I always knew it only existed as a single.

10. paulmccartneyistheman

paulmccartneyistheman Forum Resident

I didn’t say anything but I wondered about that too. It would be cool to see that unearthed

suffragette likes this.
  11. omikron

omikron Avid contributor to Paul McCartney's bank account

Anyone familiar with this? 2005-07-27 – The Paul McCartney Project

I don't recall it airing as part of the PBS special but there are also other bits unknown. Some are on The McCartney Years DVD set.

I also think perhaps he did a couple of these studio shows? I don't know the details off the top of my head but it likely hales from one of those and may not have actually been in front of the audience.

An audience-less performance of Blackpool was also recorded during one of these events.

12. bward

bward Senior Member

Could it have been confused for That Was Me, which was performed in support of the next Lp, MAf, but not at the Chaos gig?
    The two songs have a similar nostalgic acoustic vibe and come from the same era.

13. BuCo

BuCo A guy who can't have enough Super Deluxe box sets

Is it just me or is the mastering on the original 7” much, MUCH better?

I have a rip of it on my computer, though, so I’m all set :righton:

14. iTunes Festival - London 2007!

Also, that Wingspan Remixes disc with the yellow cover.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2022
    Jimmy Cooper likes this.
  15. Ynda60

Ynda60 Well-Known Member

Paul McCartney site now says singles’ box ships on December 8th.

16. wino14

wino14 Forum Resident

WHAT?????

17. Deano6

Deano6 Forum Resident

Nnnnnoooooooooooo!!!

18. JeffreyB

JeffreyB Senior Member

Fuh me, I'm cancelling! :winkgrin: :D :p

19. apple-richard

apple-richard *Overnight Sensation*

:doh:

:winkgrin:

JeffreyB likes this.
  20. Jimmy Cooper

Jimmy Cooper Forum Resident

:shake:

21. jacden

jacden Senior Member

You can't tell anything from a lossy streaming video. The audio is severely compromised. Let's wait until we have the real thing before fetching our pitchforks and flamethrowers shall we? :winkgrin:

BuCo and kevintee like this.
  22. kevintee

kevintee I’d rather be listening to McCartney

Hey stop trying to change forum rules!

:cussing: :D

jacden likes this.
  23. BuCo

BuCo A guy who can't have enough Super Deluxe box sets

True :cheers:

jacden likes this.
  24. Bill813

Bill813 Forum Resident

The U.S. site says December 9, but my order status still lists December 2nd. We'll see in a few days.

JeffreyB likes this.
  25. Brian from Canada

iTunes still says expected December 2. The delay may be to shipping availability; it will be interesting to see what happens if digital is made available before the box ships out to American buyers.