Paul McCartney tours; DVD of three ex-Beatles to be released

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Chris R, Feb 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris R

Chris R Forum Fones Thread Starter

From my ISP's home page.

cp entertainment news (Canadian Press)
    Wednesday, Feb 19, 2003

McCartney tours; DVD of three ex-Beatles to be released

Paul McCartney said he plans to include several Beatles songs in his first British tour in a decade, scheduling 22 songs from his Fab Four days for each 2½-hour arena concert.

LONDON (AP) - Beatles fans received a double treat Tuesday with announcements of a new world tour by Paul McCartney and the release of a DVD of a 1994 jam session by McCartney, Ringo Starr and George Harrison.

McCartney said he plans to include several Beatles songs in his first British tour in a decade, scheduling 22 songs from his Fab Four days for each 2½-hour arena concert. Seven dates in April have been announced for the Back in the World tour, including stops in London and Manchester, northern England. McCartney then plans to tour France, Spain, Germany and Scandinavia.

The tour follows McCartney's 2002 Back in the U.S. tour - a series of performances that earned him Billboard magazine's Tour of the Year prize.

McCartney said he's learned to give audiences what they want.

"So that means we'll be playing some of my Beatles stuff - rather a lot of Beatles stuff, actually - some Wings stuff and some more recent stuff," the 60-year-old said. "So basically the show pretty much spans my whole career."

Tickets for the concerts go on sale Friday, priced at 35 to 45 pounds (about $85 to $110 Cdn) ($56 to $71 U.S.).

Fans also will be able to buy a DVD of the reunion performance by McCartney, Starr and Harrison that was filmed in 1994. Due to be released at the end of March, the hour-long DVD was shot at Harrison's studios at his mansion in Henley-on-Thames, Oxfordshire. The songs are mainly staples from their early performing days, including Blue Moon of Kentucky, Ain't She Sweet and Thinking of Linking.

© The Canadian Press, 2003

Can't wait to see the DVD! :) Anybody know the North American release date?

Attached Files:

2. reechie

reechie Senior Member

It'll be part of the bonus disc with the Beatles Anthology DVD set. April 1st.

3. Chris R

Chris R Forum Fones Thread Starter

Well I wonder why this article didn't metion that. It gives one the impression that this is a stand alone DVD. :confused:

4. reechie

reechie Senior Member

A lot of the press that picked up on this a couple of days ago were using England's The Sun newspaper as their source. The Sun is a rather notorious tabloid who are known for getting their facts jumbled.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.