Paul McCartney: What are the best deepest (rarest) cuts?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Somerset Scholar, May 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gary_Stewart

Gary_Stewart 2 Kings 2:23-25

I've created a four-and-a-half hour playlist from this thread and enjoying it immensely. A lot of these tracks I don't know that well, even though I have them in my collection. For those of those keeping score, here is a summary of what's been called out so far. I think I got almost everything; missing a couple.

Can someone tell me if Paul wrote "Best Love" and "My Soul?" I love both of those tracks.

[​IMG]

Jagger69, Hep Alien, Carlox and 3 others like this.
  2. Gary_Stewart

Gary_Stewart 2 Kings 2:23-25

Does anyone know what song this link was to?

joy stinson likes this.
  3. Darrin L.

Darrin L. Forum Resident

Possibly "Why so Blue"?

joy stinson likes this.
  4. joy stinson

joy stinson Secret friend

I’m making a second comment response to your question....because I think this version is only available on the 12 inch single. I’ve heard others say that here in SHF.....I don’t have this version of pretty little head either and really want it. I can’t remember if there was a 45 pic sleeve of this song but I’m pretty sure that I got the stranglehold 45 pic sleeve then. My records are all packed way back.

5. joy stinson

If you can imagine..I’m so far behind with Macca music collecting I didn’t get wingspan, lol..pitiful I know, but have the great daytime nighttime suffering song on b side of 12 inch of goodnight tonight....

6. 80steen

80steen John McClane

I had it on the B side back in the day as well on a 45 single. I was fortunate when I got the Back to the Egg cd to get the 1993 reissue which had it on there. I saw the cd in a store for 16.99 which today is like 30 dollars. Seeing DTNTS as a bonus track along with Wonderful Christmastime made it even more worth while.

Lewisboogie and joy stinson like this.
  7. joy stinson

You were extremely lucky to get that 93 reissue of egg cd. Egg and its singles is my favorite non experimental Macca album with several close behind. Isn’t that cd OOP now? I have wonderful Xmas time/Rudolph the reggae reindeer 45 pic sleeve as well. I was really keeping up with getting stuff then but the CDs, mid eighties maxi singles and cd singles threw me off. Also, hello fellow southerner.

Lewisboogie and 80steen like this.
  8. 80steen

80steen John McClane

Thanks lol but West Virginia is technically not the South, I mean a little bit geographically. Just not sure if you mistakenly thought I was in the western part of Virginia, which isn't the case. I'm in the state of West Virginia which joined the Union in 1863, however with you being so close in Tennessee you are probably aware of that. If I insulted your intelligence I apologize but you have no idea how many people think I'm from Virginia.
    West Virginia - Wikipedia :wave:

9. Bilbo Swaggins

Bilbo Swaggins Forum Resident

Not sure if this has been posted before But here’s another to add to this thread. ‘I want to walk you home’, a Fats Domino cover from 2007/2008 from a tribute album:

10. joy stinson

He always did a killer Fats imitation.....This is great.....Fats really influenced him...you can hear especially in later Beatles stuff like Lady Madonna and some solo Wings songs.....like Call Me Back Again, my favorite, especially the Rock Show version, one of my favorite Paul vocal performances period....

Bilbo Swaggins likes this.
  11. Nothing4Free

Nothing4Free Forum Resident

So what's the last unknown/unreleased Macca track that was leaked ? I'd say it's "Cruisin' Ahead" that was appeared in 2016 and before that it would have to be the "Trevor Jones" tapes back in 2010 ? Did I miss anything ? New leaks are now long overdue ;-)

Hep Alien and joy stinson like this.
  12. joy stinson

No you didn’t at all insult my intelligence and you’re correct. I just recently saw a movie, a documentary on the moth man, that the Ohio proximity of West Virginia and the Ohio river converging in that are ...

Yes, you’re right West Virginia is technically not regarded as the south...it’s a very beautiful state for sure.....almost heaven West Virginia...The civil war related history of the creation of the state is very interesting. However, you actually don’t live that far from me..as we say in the south where I live as..the crow flies, lol.

80steen likes this.
  13. jgkojak

jgkojak Mull of Kansas

Always thought this would have fit nicely on London Town as a prelude to Morse Moose

Hep Alien and joy stinson like this.
  14. joy stinson

Very much would have fit.....as would have waterspout...both have the water theme...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.