Paul McCartney's "Freshen Up" Tour

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by LandHorses, Jul 3, 2018.

1. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

It was cut and pasted a from another site. I usually avoid the Paul/Beatles threads on this forum because are too involved for my tastes.

What gets me is that 70 songs in a single city on a single visit to paying customers is actually a high water mark that Pearl Jam and Springsteen may not have topped. Prince may have only topped it after 20 nights each in London/Vegas/LA.

theMess and MsMaclen like this.
  2. 5th-beatle

5th-beatle Forum Resident

Here is the arena map for the concert in Krakow. It's GA, meaning no seats on floor level.

[​IMG]

3. mindgames

mindgames Forum Resident

Fantastic, I was waiting for the EU arena dates with general admission standing. Cheap flights, cheap standing tickets, great historical city, perfect.

4. ohnothimagen

ohnothimagen "Live music is better!"

Good deal- I plan on taking my thirteen year old as well.
    Hopefully...I'll know in about twelve hours or so:D

Tropic Island Hum likes this.
  5. Josip

Josip Forum Resident

6. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

7. FKA002

FKA002 Forum Resident

8. jazon

jazon A fight between the blue you once knew

Impossible to get tickets for Montreal...was in the waiting room since 930, it was 'my turn' at 10:01 and nothing left. kept trying and trying eventually got something in the 400's but not interested in that and now even that is gone. what a joke. very disappointed. Not sure how it can sell out in a few minutes.

coffeetime likes this.
  9. pseudopod

pseudopod Dig Yourself

Got 18th row, center for here in Winnipeg on September 28 this morning! I am stoked! It'll be my fifth time seeing Paul since 1993! Ram on!

10. Elliottmarx

Elliottmarx Always in the mood for Burt Bacharach

While we all hope Paul freshen up the set list, I equally hope that he freshen up the band itself and adds actual horns and/or a few female vocalists (to reinforce high harmonies.) It is really hard to get excited to see the same quintet again.

PaperbackBroadstreet likes this.
  11. pseudopod

pseudopod Dig Yourself

Same thing happened to me, but you have to keep trying. Nothing for almost 15 minutes. Eventually I got 18th row floor seats.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
  12. maccafan

maccafan Senior Member

I agree that horns would be a nice addition, but the female singers, absolutely no way! Rusty, Wix, Brian and Abe can handle any harmonies just fine. It's not McCartney's great band that's hard to get excited about, it's the same predictable type Beatle heavy set list that's hard to get excited about!

I always give McCartney the benefit of doubt and hope that he changes it, as long as he performs live, I'll be hopeful.

Elliottmarx likes this.
  13. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

No to the singers, yes to the horns.

If you ever hear that Macca got kidnapped, that'll be due to my involvement. I want to strap him into a chair and make him listen to "WOA" over and over until he admits how much better live horns sound than those Wix samples!

14. jazon

I tried for a half hour at home and only got 400 seats once. At first I only tried for floors because that is what I wanted but eventually just did best available over and over. Had to go to an appointment at 10:30 but once i got there kept trying some more. Nothing. Now all tickets are gone (aside from some for 800/ticket). I can only hope maybe he'll add another show in Montreal or Ottawa. I was really hoping to see him this time around. I missed him the last time he was in the area as my son was born the same week.

15. ohnothimagen

ohnothimagen "Live music is better!"

Well, that worked out alright...two upper deck seats -section 210- for $85 each (plus about $16 in service charges) for me and my stepson, which was only ten bucks more a seat than the two I scarfed up for me and the missus for Keith Urban (section 212 for that one). So now everybody's happy:righton: Been working a bit of overtime at work lately (such is that time of year) so I figured the hell with it, I could splurge and do both shows.

jazon, theMess, Arnold Grove and 2 others like this.
  16. Steffen72

Steffen72 Forum Resident

Hello all how can we be sure that the GA on floor? Could also be set up with chairs.... Might fly over question is.....: pre sale luve nation the day before general sales hopefully there are still tix on 20 july

17. mindgames

mindgames Forum Resident

Ticket bots, complete sections blocked for the secondary market, scare tactics, and so on. Try again closer to the date, trust me. There were times I got saddled with expensive spare seats because at a later date much better seats became available, I could never get rid of my original tickets for anything close to face value. I never did that ever again, I did the full Australia tour with only 2 dates of tickets in hand. (From which one I got because the organiser used a photo by me for promotion tools without permission, which I thought was an honour anyway, but that's a whole different story.)

The decadent champagne package organiser is selling "standing tickets with early entry" for this date (and so far this date only).

jazon, theMess, mrjinks and 1 other person like this.
  18. mindgames

mindgames Forum Resident

Oh, and I missed this part and can't edit above post now:

A pre-sale only has a small percentage of tickets available. Sometimes even only certain sections. A gig can't sell out during a pre-sale. Although I once heard of a story of this happening for an unrelated act, but that was a massive technical blunder.

19. Steffen72

Steffen72 Forum Resident

Ok mindgames book flights

20. jumpinjulian

jumpinjulian Forum Resident

I saw Ween play over 90 different songs over 3 nights at Red Rocks/Denver last year. Pretty hard to beat!

21. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Pearl Jam did 94 different songs across 3 nights in Mansfield MA in 2003! :)

The final show lasted 47 songs! :eek:

22. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

Actually, I have seen this happen, but I seem to recall it only happening in situations where the act was playing multiple nights, and the extra night(s) were NOT publicly announced at the time of the first show pre-sale. So, by the time of the public sale there were tickets to be had, just not for the originally announced date.

With regard to the rest of your points, yes, I get the impression that many people in this thread are not attending a lot of shows these days. There are always excellent tickets to be found (for an arena or stadium show) close to show date.

Also, not many people seem to be aware of the Ticketmaster Fan Guarantee:

Ticketmaster Guarantee - Our guarantee to our fans. Official Ticketmaster Site.

My wife has used this several times recently to exchange her tickets bought during a fan-club pre-sale for unsold highest price VIP package tickets, resulting in her ending up in prime seats in the second and third rows. For one venue she had to pay a $10 per ticket fee, for another not, so there seems to be a variety of rules in place for different venues. Unfortunately, this policy is unlikely to come in handy for Macca, as he tends to sell all his VIP package tix.

Talking of which, don't forget that the VIP packages are also sold through Shelley Lazar's company:

SLOTix

(Shelley gets mentioned by Paul whenever he plays the Bay Area, and has done SF Bay Blues live for her. She is also often to be seen on The Rolling Stones tours.)

mindgames, jazon and MsMaclen like this.
  23. Italy ‘should’ be one of the next... ‘should’...

FKA002 likes this.
  24. jazon

Thanks for the tip. I have noticed this in past shows but its a bit of a risk. Hard to know when to look. I kind of regret not just buying row 2 tickets for 800/each at the presale. I never realized how quickly it would sell. Hoepfully I will luck out and get something good. I am hoping to get something in the first 15 rows on the floor.

25. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Yes, the links on Slotix takes you to the Event travel page