PayPal/Ship Station ?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by TheVillageRecorder, Jan 7, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheVillageRecorder

TheVillageRecorder Forum Resident Thread Starter

I logged into my PayPal this evening to print a shipping label. I clicked on the name of the person who sent me the funds, then clicked on Print Shipping Label. It then redirects me to Ship Station. I tried going to print bulk shipping on PayPal and it also redirects me to Ship Station. Is there a way to just print labels from PayPal or is Ship Station the new default?

2. Spitfire

Spitfire Senior Member

3. R. Totale

R. Totale The Voice of Reason

Buying postage for an order paid with Paypal is the same for me as it has always been. They have been using Shipstation behind the scenes but the Paypal interface for buying postage is the same as ever - no additional costs and the screens haven't changed.

TheVillageRecorder likes this.
  4. Spitfire

Spitfire Senior Member

I have to do some shipping labels tomorrow. I'll see what happens

5. TheVillageRecorder

It has always been the same for me as well, until yesterday evening. It looks like PayPal or Ship Station, is rolling it out to everyone sooner or later from what I've been reading. I'd just like to opt out of Ship Station.

6. R. Totale

There's always Pirate Ship.

7. TheVillageRecorder

I have a USPS account, but I don't think you have the option for Media Mail from Click N Ship.

8. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Paypal is formalizing the move to ShipStation for the actual shipping. But I'm not aware that this changes any costs or features. Unless it does, it's a change without significance.

9. jvc444

jvc444 Are you a 1099er?

How do you pay, by credit card?

10. R. Totale

Yes, as in most cases when you buy a product online. They may take Paypal as well.

11. jhw59

jhw59 Forum Resident

Yes, last time I tried to use it, it only offered priority mail. Unless I missed something as I'm not a shipping expert.

12. WarEagleRK

WarEagleRK Forum Resident

It looks like Paypal made their switch to their new shipping method through ship station today for me. I needed to print a shipping label and they now send you to another site to ship.

13. Spitfire

Spitfire Senior Member

They changed me over today. Not very happy. They broke a service that worked perfectly for me for something that takes longer for me to use. Between the added work required for the new 1099-K requirements and now the added time it's going to take to make shipping labels I think I'm going to take a break from selling for a while. Too much hassle anymore. I saw Paypal stock dropped 25% today. Don't feel bad about that

Last edited: Feb 2, 2022
  14. TheVillageRecorder

Since my account got switched over to Ship Station a few weeks back, I've learned to use Ship Station. It does take longer and more steps are needed to complete the shipping label process, but its fairly simple. However, the prices are not lower using Ship Station as they said they would be, it's the same as the old style PayPal shipping.

15. Bob Sattin

Bob Sattin Forum Resident

16. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

PayPal
    Ship Station
    Pirate Ship
    eBay

They have the exact same negotiated rates with the USPS. You won't save more (or pay more) with any of them.

You will pay more if you pay for shipping labels through Discogs, though, so don't do that.

17. R. Totale

Pirate Ship does offer domestic Priority Mail Cubic, which the others do not and is a smidgen cheaper in many cases.

18. 12" 45rpm

12" 45rpm Forum Resident

The new shipstation prints a black box on the label for media mail which wastes toner. The old paypal system would print a white square with an X in it. Very annoying..

If you like send an email to:

[email protected]
    and
    [email protected]

with this message:

When using media mail, the label prints a large black square in the top left. This wastes toner ink. The previous paypal shipping tool just printed an X in the spot with white background. See picture below.

https://ibb.co/R7vynTP

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.