PB Max Commercial - Joe Walsh?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Benjamin Edge, May 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Benjamin Edge

Benjamin Edge Forum Resident Thread Starter

If you listen closely to the background music, it appears to sound just like an Eagles song (think "The Long Run") or a Richard Marx song (think "Don't Mean Nothing"). Because of that, I hint Joe Walsh was hired to play guitar for this.

Hence, I ask: Is it true Joe Walsh did play the guitar for the music heard in this ad spot?

~Ben

2. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

Oh, you have got to be kidding...this is just generic library music, probably from some faceless Dallas production house.

MikaelaArsenault and ggergm like this.
  3. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

You need to put the bong down now.

MikaelaArsenault and ggergm like this.
  4. ggergm

ggergm another spring another baseball season

@Benjamin Edge, there are CDs upon CDs upon CDs upon CDs of music like this, already licensed and ready for commercial use, of course assuming if you have purchased the CD. They start with simple things, like sound effects and drum tracks, and go onto rock 'n' roll and fully orchestrated 30 and 60 second cuts.

Nothing special here.

I used music libraries like this for ads when I had my stereo store although I'd occasionally risk getting caught using unlicensed music. I found a bouncy, airy piano version of "Dark Star" from Tom Constanten, the only keyboard player for the Grateful Dead who made it out alive. I had to use it in a spot. Nobody would care except for a few Deadheads who saw the commercial on TV, heard the music, and yelled out, spilling their beer, "That's freakin' Dark Star!" Hehehe. :D

Last edited: May 26, 2020
    forthlin and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  5. Benjamin Edge

Benjamin Edge Forum Resident Thread Starter

All I can say of this is, then, whoever was responsible for this was probably influenced by Joe Walsh and The Eagles.

~Ben

6. It,sounds nothing like Joe or Eagles to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.