Peaky Blinders

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by GodShifter, Jun 4, 2016.

1. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member Thread Starter

I think U.K. dramas are done well. I would also agree that U.K. comedy shows blow the US out of the water.

gfong and alexpop like this.
  2. Bruce Racket

Bruce Racket Forum Resident

I'm ready for my next Peaky Blinders fix. When's the next season start? :D
    I think it's a great show, it ranks up there with my other much loved crime shows and historical dramas like Gomorrah, Boardwalk Empire, The Knick and ZeroZeroZero.

pablo fanques and GodShifter like this.
  3. Yovra

Yovra Collector of Beatles Threads

Binge-watched the series so far... I think the first two series were the strongest, but that is my humble opinion. Strong guest performances and every time Tom Hardy is involved he steals the scene. I got the idea that somewhere halfway series 5 they decided this was NOT the final series after all.....

alexpop, Blair G. and GodShifter like this.
  4. Yovra

Yovra Collector of Beatles Threads

It's better than "boring"; I found it gritty and dark.

MC Rag likes this.
  5. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Gritty dark.. but ultimately (least season 1) story to slow for my liking.

6. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member Thread Starter

It’s is a bit slow in its pacing. Last season was the first time this got on my nerves. It’s six episodes per season and production of another seems to take forever. We were left with nothing; just holding the bag and waiting around for the next round.

By the way, the antagonist in the last season, Oswald Mosley, is a real historical figure who lives for a long time. Unless they take some true liberties with his story (which they’ve done already) he’s not going to get the payback fans would like. But, this is a fictional drama series based on historical times, so anything can happen.

pablo fanques likes this.
  7. pablo fanques

pablo fanques Somebody's Bad Handwroter In Memoriam

I agree about season three (I'm at season 4/ep 5 now) being the worst of the seasons I've seen so far but even when PB is a little off it's still pretty damn good. I feel they skipped too quick from Grace and Tom's wedding to her death and then crammed the Russian story into the remaining episodes. It's a shame the seasons are only 6 episodes long as the cast is absolutely dynamite and the show is impeccably shot. Hope there's more to come after the pandemic lets upo

8. pablo fanques

The three bell sounds in the second episode of season 5 sounded like they were lifted right off of Lennon’s ‘Just Like Starting Over’. Still waiting for this season to catch fire but I loved season 4. May be my favorite

9. Panther

Panther Forum Resident

I watched the first three seasons a half-year ago, and enjoyed them, but then I just ran out of interest in it. I haven't gone back. I think I have very limited interest in gangster-type entertainment in general, though this series is rather well done.

10. Steve Baker

Steve Baker Forum Resident

I really love this series. Cillian Murphy and Tom Hardy are great. The actor playing Polly is incredible. Sam Neill is excellent as usual. I really enjoy history based series.

I think the BBC series' are much better written than American series. The best was "Vikings" my other favorite British produced series was Sharpe. Class by itself.
    Never got into SOA, Boardwalk was really good but that's HBO. I tried some other HBO series, but so far only really enjoyed "The Sopranos" ,"Rome" , "Deadwood" and "GoT"( at least until the last season).

"Outlander" had 2 great seasons. Then it fell off a cliff into PC world.

11. alexpop

Wow!!!!
    Season 5, best yet,

12. alexpop

Peaky?
    Apparently the series was going to end on season 5, but there was a new demand for it .. new viewers ( USA) the writer decided to do season 6, plans for a season 7 as well.

Brenald79 and Bruce Racket like this.
  13. alexpop

Comedy? Yes!

14. EvaWills89

EvaWills89 New Member

very cool movie. But for some reason I was able to watch only 2 seasons, there was no further desire. Maybe a little protracted, maybe just tired of the same thing. But in general I was satisfied. Especially the genius Cillian Murphy:love:

15. pablo fanques

Tyler Glasnow, The Rays pitcher in tonight’s ALDS game, is a dead ringer for Cillian Murphy. It’s uncanny!

alexpop likes this.
  16. alexpop

Think the ballet guy Nureyev fits the bill better.

17. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

This is very good news. With Ray Donavan ending, it’s good that this crime family soap opera for guys continues on.

alexpop likes this.
  18. FloydVivino

FloydVivino Forum Resident

Massive bum, starting now, first season. Fight the hype as much as I could until I gave in and watched the first episode - that f****ing soundtrack!!!!

No spoilers please!

19. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

I’d highly recommend the new HBO series Warrior to fans of Peaky Blinders and other historical crime shows. A lot of similarities to Peaky Blinders in that it’s gangs of different ethnic groups battling for control. Takes place during 1870s in San Francisco.

GodShifter and pablo fanques like this.
  20. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

Me and the wife have been enjoying Peaky Blinders for a few weeks now, just completed season two. This is a series that was under our radar but with the December/ January lull, it was a perfect time to get into it. It is very good and I enjoy the contemporary music especially the opening theme. The addition of Tom Hardy and his real life wife to the cast in season two was also welcome.

21. FloydVivino

Finished season five a few weeks ago and agonizing with the wait for season six, out hopefully by the end of 2021.

22. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

I started rewatching Peaky Blinders but it seems slow and boring after watching HBO’s Warrior.

23. hammondjake

hammondjake Forum Resident

The Peaky Blinders crew are in my home town for the next four weeks, filming scenes for S6. This is the building that is currently being set-dressed prior to shooting, in a local park.

[​IMG]

Bruce Racket and pablo fanques like this.
  24. FloydVivino

Yey!

25. alexpop

Looks like Haree Krishna temple :)