Pete Ham and the Iveys...good Lord this is good

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by flyingdutchman, Sep 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flyingdutchman

flyingdutchman Senior Member Thread Starter

2. SJB

SJB Beloved Parasitic Nuisance

I love that song too, so I was very happy to see an extended remix on the 2010 expanded remaster of Magic Christian Music.

3. flyingdutchman

Thanks. I have that album (extended release). Also went ahead and bought the Iveys album from Japan today.

longdist01 likes this.
  4. LSP2003

LSP2003 Senior Member

One of my favorite Iveys tracks!

longdist01 likes this.
  5. Paul P.

Paul P. Forum Resident

I really find the variation on that album amazing. The first track I ever heard from Maybe Tomorrow was this one:

I know it's not Pete Ham - but wow - I really dig this track! With Tony Visconti's production - it almost sounds like some sort of Bowie out-take to me.

Cheers,
    Paul

GoodKitty and longdist01 like this.
  6. flyingdutchman

That definitely sounds like the Beatles.

7. swandown

swandown Under Assistant West Coast Forum Resident

Cool song.....although I'm pretty sure I've heard variations on that riff in a dozen songs before...

longdist01 likes this.
  8. Paul P.

Paul P. Forum Resident

This might be useful to some folks - it's a re-creation of The Iveys' Maybe Tomorrow using Spotify. Basically - it's the re-mixed/re-purposed tracks that ended up on Magic Christian Music plus mono mixes of the other tracks re-arranged in the original album sequence. The real album has a different kind of mix - but this gives you a rough idea - especially since the original album is kind of hard to find on-line.

The Iveys - Maybe Tomorrow, a playlist by weasel_bot on Spotify

I've also put three of the four bonus tracks from the 1992/2004 CD re-issue at the end. The original album ended with "I've Been Waiting".

Cheers,
    Paul

Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
    longdist01 likes this.
  9. SJB

SJB Beloved Parasitic Nuisance

Two of my favorite Iveys tracks are "I'm Too Shy" (a demo for which I can't find a video online) and "See-Saw Granpa":

"I'm Too Shy," which I first heard as brief background music on VH1 Behind the Music, appears on the 94 Baker Street compilation along with a few other Iveys rarities.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Invisible Man and longdist01 like this.
  10. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

Those other two titles from Cherry Red /RPM label have a few more Iveys gems.

Vol. 2 - An Apple A Day

Vol. 3 - Treacle Toffee World

Black & White Rainbows​

Maranatha5585 and swedwards1960 like this.
  11. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

Here's one of those tracks previewed through Pledge Music drive way back in 2015, Pete's demo...

"Things Are Really Getting Tight"​

Last edited: Oct 24, 2021
  12. John54

John54 Senior Member

I bought the Magic Christian LP a while after it came out, but not right away. I believe I had found out by that time that Maybe Tomorrow was the Iveys track, which I loved and still do, and that plus Come and Get It was reason enough to have it in my collection.

Meanwhile, a year or two earlier I had heard Carry on Till Tomorrow on the radio, unaccredited. I was delighted to find that one also on the LP! Scratch it off the "unknowns" list in my head ...

longdist01 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.