Peter Green “In The Skies” new CD release!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Jerry, Sep 2, 2022.

1. Jerry

Jerry Grateful Gort Staff Thread Starter

I just saw this in an email update from Iconoclassic Revords. This should make some folks here happy:

Peter Green – In the Skies – The Fleetwood Mac founder’s classic comeback album from 1979, now with bonus tracks for the first time. Remastered by Vic Anesini with liner notes by Ralph Chapman (The Guess Who reissue series). If you enjoyed Iconoclassic's past Robin Trower and Mick Taylor releases, you’re going to love this. It's the perfect soundtrack for your fall and winter.

Home - Iconoclassic Records

2. Andrew J

Andrew J Forum Resident

I actually had this on bought cassette some moons back. and liked it! Features Snowy White on most tracks

3. futureinreverse

futureinreverse Forum Resident

Ordered.

Someone please tell me Snowy White was in an octet at some point named Snowy White & the Seven Dwarfs.

4. footlooseman

footlooseman Forum Resident

Stunning and haunting record one of my favorites to spin when I want to chill

5. pool_of_tears

pool_of_tears Searching For Simplicity

The best news I've had all month :)

6. Jerry

That’s what I’m here for!

:targettiphat:

longdist01 and GoodKitty like this.
  7. mike sullivan

mike sullivan Blues Boy

Great album., also love his album 'Little Dreamer' which was released 1 year after 'In the Skies.'

IconoclassicRecs, Jerry and Swansong like this.
  8. JoeOnWheels

JoeOnWheels Forum Resident

Jerry, Thanks for posting the news, it does make me happy.

9. Jerry

Yer welcome! I only have or had the Castle CHC 7015 (1991) CD. Can’t remember if it’s in storage in bins in the garage, or I sold it. Maybe I’ll check and see next time I feel like throwing my back out!

longdist01 likes this.
  10. Swansong

Swansong From Planet Earth

A fantastic album from a brilliant artist. I have an original pressing that is mint and anyone who knows Peter Green and isn’t familiar with this album should definitely pick this up. Just perfect.

11. pool_of_tears

Greatly appreciated.

12. Mark Snowden

Mark Snowden Forum Resident

13. Andrew J

Andrew J Forum Resident

That would have been a great title for a solo album, if he'd been able to find and pay for seven other vertically challenged band members.

It definitely has that quality. I actually think Peter Green stumbled upon creating a kind of ambient blues, which you can hear in this 1971 solo single (below), and again on this album. It's something I don't think many have paid much attention - the laid back chill factor on those solo records.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2022
  14. Acoustic Warrior

Acoustic Warrior I Come From The Water

So appreciate the heads up! Pre-ordered!!!!

IconoclassicRecs likes this.
  15. DTK

DTK Forum Resident

Thanks for the heads-up. This is one of my favorite albums by Peter or anyone.
    I'm underwhelmed by the bonus tracks though. The single version of The Apostle has been included on several compilations and is hardly rare. Tribal Dance - I never even noticed the single B side version is different from the album. I don't think it is. The rehearsals were on Snowy's compilation album way back obviously. There's always been rumors that there were a few outtakes from the sessions, but maybe the session tapes are simply lost.

So, pass, but it's good to see this album getting more attention. Because it's a marvel and unique in the Green discography.

Dondy likes this.
  16. IconoclassicRecs

IconoclassicRecs Forum Resident

This just came in stock and is now available for sale in Iconoclassic's eBay and Discogs stores. It will be available through general distribution next Friday, 11/18. The Second Disc has a nice feature about it, too.

C6H12O6, Dondy and pool_of_tears like this.
  17. kiddo4

kiddo4 Forum Resident

I have an old Japanese CD issue of this album. I remember it sounding pretty good.
    I'll wait for sound quality impressions...

Sander likes this.
  18. tlake6659

tlake6659 Senior Member

Really nice mastering on the new release. Fully dynamic with a warm natural sound. A winner.

19. pool_of_tears

And how! My copy arrived today and it sounds fantastic.

20. nojasa

nojasa Forum Resident

Mine arrived yesterday and played it 3x already. Fanstastic album. Kudos to Iconoclassic

Swansong and IconoclassicRecs like this.
  21. MythosDreamLab

MythosDreamLab Forum Resident

Had the LP, not sure if I have the CD, gotta go look...

RIP Christine...

Swansong likes this.
  22. mwheelerk

mwheelerk Sorry, I can't talk now, I'm listening to music...

Was this ever released? Iconoclastic Records website shows this as a Pre-Order...

23. IconoclassicRecs

IconoclassicRecs Forum Resident

Thanks for the heads up -- I forgot to flip the button on the website from Preorder to Buy Now when the street date hit. The CD was released on 11/18.

C6H12O6, mwheelerk and Swansong like this.
  24. fast'n'bulbous

fast'n'bulbous tight also

Nice package. Good pix of alternate artwork (singles etc.) and excellent liner notes. I have the LP and have never been a big fan of this album, but I'm glad I bought this.

IconoclassicRecs likes this.
  25. crozcat

crozcat Forum Resident

What would be the best way to buy this in Sweden?
    It doesn't seem to have any distribution here, and nowadays it's very expensive to buy from outside of the EU...