Phase check cds/lp's

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by wes, Feb 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wes

wes Senior Member Thread Starter

Wow, all this talk about polarity and phase being out etc. is getting me paranoid......I should get a sound check disc or something.......With my Dynaco M III's, there's just letters and numbers for leads.. no red or black.......looks like I'll have to do some experimenting.........Does anyone know where the positive and negative wires should go on a Dynaco...? C, or B?.......I'm sure the ST-70 is probably similar........Sckott, don't you have an ST-70?

:eek:

-Wes

2. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

Yep! I got two of em. One for each listening room. Working on a 3rd slowly.

Back of a Dynaco ST70 (not modded) has a common ground wire (C) and posts for 4, 8 & 16 oHm. So each side would look like this in the back:

LEFT
    o o o o
    c 4 8 16

It's not reversed on the opposite side. If the silk-screening is OK it should be obvious?

Mine has (of course) the black (C) and the + wire on "8", to coinside with the DIY speakers I'm using.

3. wes

wes Senior Member Thread Starter

That's how I wired mine too.........It sounds good that way so I'll leave it...........Wow, I didn't realize it was C,4,8,16.....For the longest time I assumed the 8 was a B, since there was a C.....Too many bowls of alphabet cereal as a kid.....Thanks for the reply Sckott..........

-Wes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.