Phil Spector News

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by npc145, Sep 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

Was that sound planned, circumstance or was it by accident? Most signature styles are bycircumstance or accident. I don't think any engineer or producer walks in and says to himself, "I think i'm going to make THAT sound". Well, maybe Spector did...

2. RetroSmith

RetroSmith Forum Hall Of Fame<br>(Formerly Mikey5967)

>>>.Thanks Mike. I DO give Spector Credit, but the media, over the years has played him up and up and up to be some sort of Genius who created hit records out of nothing.

When you start out with people like Ronnie Bennet, Bobby Hatfield, Bill Medley and Bobby Sheen.....well...you get my point.

3. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

Re: Spec

That was no wig! That's how people wore their real hair!:)

4. RetroSmith

planned

>>>>>>Well, I think Spector DId want "big" sounds, like his Wagner Symphonies, but i also think that a lot of it was trial and error. His first few Phillies discs, like "Theres No Other" are typical period pieces and dont have that big sound. It sounds to me like just doing sessions in Goldstar, that sound, or that "need" to use the echo chambers they way that Levine did evolved over time to solve specific problems. Remember, Goldstar was a "demo" studio and didnt have much more than echo as an effect. So, thats why they played with.

5. RetroSmith

Re: Re: Spec

>>>>>>>LOL....Grant, buddy, I meant the 4 foot hair afro wig OJ wears in The Naked Gun 3 1/2 movie. Its so big, he hits the top of the Door frame!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.