Philadelphia Music Stores

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by JeffMo, Mar 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Siren has more vinyl in storage than on the floor, we're always on Blair to get the stuff out quicker, but he is very methodical.

bluemooze likes this.
  2. jimac51

jimac51 A mythical beast.

A common complaint from more than a few places I've haunted over the years. Which is another reason why Double Decker comes back to the forefront for me. To paraphrase Jamie(the owner and chief cook/bottle washer):"The records come in. I price them. They go out. The records come in. ..." Some stuff the same day it comes in. He takes everything,no matter what. He makes a deal you can't refuse,he marks the stuff to sell,lists on social media and watches them go. How fast? Well,I live six blocks away and a couple of times by the time I've gotten there(I hate to phone unless its a do or die album),they're gone.
    BTW- There is a big DD anniversary event scheduled at nearby Merchant's Square(where Bob Bosak holds his quarterly music expos ) in mid-July for two days. Details as available at DD's social media spots.

eskaton and zphage like this.
  3. jimac51

jimac51 A mythical beast.

One of the most interesting days in my life. And meeting Harry(AM Corner guru: All Things Carpenters,Herb Alpert,heck,anything A&M and all round good guy) for the first time over one of Pica's tomato pies was just part of it.
    Forum Sinatra expert Bob in Boston is also a Picaphile. In fact the three of us all had eerily similar listening experiences as well as dining experiences while growing up in the Philly suburbs. And yet,it wasn't until the internet and music forums that we knew of each other.

4. BrewDrinkRepeat

BrewDrinkRepeat Forum Resident

I had no idea!

5. Here's the latest yelp, seems quite a few bookstores and musical equipment/instrument stores are in on the action< still there is nothing from the West and North or East parts of the city that were once serviced by the mighty King James record chain, for the 4-5th largest city in the nation it really is a pathetic state of affairs:

Best Record stores in Philadelphia, PA ยป

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.