Philips DFA980 Integrated Digital Amplifier and Marantz CD6005

Discussion in 'Third Party Sales & Auctions' started by Jbird, Dec 4, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jbird

Jbird Forum Resident Thread Starter

Folks,

I am auctioning two of my audio system components at eBay if you care to take a look.

The first auction is for a rare Philips DFA980 Integrated Digital Amplifier. These amplifiers seldom come up for auction and for good reason: They are stellar all around performers. This amplifier is fully functional and has been a treasured component in my audio system for over a decade.

This amplifier also sold as the Marantz PM-75 integrated amplifier and contains the highly regarded TDA1541A/S1 digital-to-analog converter (DAC). A cursory web search will reveal the very high regard in which these highly sought-after DAC chips are held. After countless hours of listening, I can confirm that the internal DAC sounds wonderful, as does this amplifier overall.

As well, this amplifier boasts an excellent phono stage, offering inputs for both MM and MC. The abundance of audio inputs along with three internal dedicated 120V outlets make this amplifier a versatile centerpiece of an audio system.

Philips DFA980 Integrated Digital Amplfier with TDA1541A/S1 DAC | eBay

The second auction is for a gently used Marantz CD6005 with remote control, owner’s manual and all original packaging. There is no reserve.

This player features a CD drive mechanism that's fastened to the chassis in order to minimize vibrations. Even the circuit board that houses the digital audio aspects of the player is isolated and shielded in the player. The CD6005 will play music CDs, CD-R and CD-RW discs as well as WAV, AAC, WMA and MP3 files. The front-mounted USB port will work with a USB thumb drive or even allow you to stream music directly from your smart phone or iOS device.

Philips DFA980 Integrated Digital Amplfier with TDA1541A/S1 DAC

Thank you.
    Perhaps my favorite feature of this player is its high quality fully discrete headphone amplifier. This units is fully functional and comes from a smoke free and pet free home. The physical condition of the player is excellent. Please examine the associated images.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.