Phono preamp into integrated amp

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by theMot, Jan 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theMot

theMot Forum Resident Thread Starter

hi guys, I know this has been asked a few times but I’m still a bit unclear.

I want to buy a Parks puffin pre amp to use with my turntable. I currently have an integrated amp which is a Cambridge Audio SR20. I can’t disable the phone pre amp on this device. Will it still work with the Parks Puffin if I connect it to the audio in connection on the SR20 which would generally be used for a CD player?

2. vinylontubes

vinylontubes Forum Resident

Any line level input including CD, Aux, or Tape will work. I have my phono stage connected to Aux 2 on my Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum as the phono input is MM and is incompatible with my MC cartridge.

culabula and theMot like this.
  3. theMot

theMot Forum Resident Thread Starter

Thanks. Will it cause any issues with background noise, humming etc?

4. culabula

culabula Unread author.

Not at all.

I route my turntable into a Cambridge Alva Duo, before the phono cables go into Tape 1 on my venerable Arcam Delta 90. Prior to this, I used to connect directly to this amp as it handles both MM and MC. In those days I connected directly to ‘phono’ and pressed the button for MC.

Now I bypass that and go for a line input. No need to ‘disable’ the phono input (nor indeed is it possible) and no hum or other interference.

theMot likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.