Pink Floyd - Animals Deluxe Edition: (2018 remix Released Sept 2022)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jlf, Jun 30, 2022.

1. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

I posted many times in the previous thread about the absence of a live set and any bonus material. Glad to see this info slip out before the official announcements.

Sean, Alternative4, oneway23 and 6 others like this.
  2. autumn daze

autumn daze I really don't belong here

I’m hoping we get to actually hear something from this remix soon in a promotional spot etc.

The original mix is just wonderful but I’m interested to see what else they can do with it.

Ryan Lux and Shaddam IV like this.
  3. Ragged Glory

Ragged Glory Forum Resident

Outstanding :D

Agree that the price seems surprisingly reasonable, for now. I've locked in a preorder now, knowing that I can take a view on it closer to release day and cancel if needs be. The beauty of Amazon, it must be said...

Mazzy likes this.
  4. Hollowsanctuary

Hollowsanctuary Aujourd’hui, je dis bonjour à la vie

I don’t understand how people think the original mix is fine when it sounds like the drums were recorded in the bathroom of Britannia Row??

5. mark winstanley

mark winstanley Certified dinosaur, who likes physical product

I don't know that anyone is furious.

After four years of waiting for this.... musically it is as skinny as it could possibly be.
    Format-wise it's as fat as it could be, unless they put a cassette and Reel to reel in there.

It isn't all about Floyd either.... the industry is dry humping music lovers at the moment by putting small extras in huge, generally expensive boxes... it gets tiring after a while.

6. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Just came online and saw this. Oh my god, finally announced!!!
    What a surprise! The look of terminal shock in my eyes!! lol
    :pineapple::bdance::goodie:

Sean, Nonsuch, pinkrudy and 4 others like this.
  7. Manalishi

Manalishi With the 2-pronged crown

I suppose the non-inclusion of the 8-track Snowy White linking track/solo just makes the 8-track more valuable.

slipkid, ODShowtime, Sean and 4 others like this.
  8. Haggischomper

Haggischomper Scottish AF

It'll be the deluxe for me if I can find a link that works

9. RichC

RichC Forum Resident

I'm probably in for the BluRay, depending on price. This is my favorite Floyd album and I've also enjoyed the previous 5.1 mixes.

Easy pass on the vinyl, considering I already own an original UK, a Greek pressing (which is basically "UK mastering, but quieter"), and the 2016 reissue, which might as well be a remix considering how different it sounds from the 1st UK.

Also, to those talking about BluRays self-destructing in 2 years.... Is this really a thing? I still have about 100 BluRays on my shelf, most more than a decade old. Not a single one unplayable.

Nonsuch likes this.
  10. Crosseyed

Crosseyed help I'm a rock

They have worn me down like a fat barn yard animal where I am mildly pleased to just have a remix - sigh. I'll just have to be happy with the live shows/outtakes that are out there. It will be nice to have a vinyl artifact though.

Echoes71 likes this.
  11. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Animals was never remixed before. The 2016 pressing actually is the same original '77 mix, mastered for vinyl by Bernie Grundman.
    That this might sound different has something to do with the digital audio source, it's based on James Guthrie's remaster from 2011.

obi and Pancat like this.
  12. Echoes71

Echoes71 Forum Resident

I will buy the deluxe, as I need to hear this surround mix, but I continue to be baffled by the inclusion of DVD and Blu-Ray in these boxes. King Crimson are guilty of doing the same thing in their monster boxes. I think that the DVD/BD doubling up is far more useless/redundant than packaging the vinyl with the rest, and this is coming from someone who no longer buys vinyl.

Still, exciting news.

J_D__ and Crosseyed like this.
  13. tkl7

tkl7 Agent Provocateur

I don't think anyone has called it a "deluxe" edition. It's officially julst called "Animals 2018 remix." The "deluxe" label has been thrown about by people who wanted it to include things that were never in the cards.

14. tkl7

tkl7 Agent Provocateur

Both the Dark Side of the Moon Immesion and Early Years box sets had problems with the blu-rays. Both needed replacement disks sent out, although the Early Years only had the option open for a few months, before many of the blu rays affected by the problem even started to show it.

Sean likes this.
  15. Larry L

Larry L Senior Member

Why no complete Pigs on the Wing???!??

Sean, ARK, rbichamp and 5 others like this.
  16. JulesRules

JulesRules Weaponized, Deranged Warthog Thug

The Dark Side of the Moon blu-ray from the European Immersion set eventually became unplayable. But there was (or still is) a replacement program.

17. Crosseyed

Crosseyed help I'm a rock

a DVD costs 25 cents to make with a mark up of 500% profit they rake in.

Sean, ARK and Echoes71 like this.
  18. tkl7

tkl7 Agent Provocateur

A lot of people have never upgraded their DVD to blu-ray. I know it is unbelieveable here, but it is absolutely true.

Sean, ARK, klockwerk and 3 others like this.
  19. tkl7

tkl7 Agent Provocateur

There never was a "complete" pigs on the wing. There was part 1 and 2 joined together with some linking material specifically for the 8 track created after the fact.

Sean, BeatleJWOL and childerikov like this.
  20. Geordiepete

Geordiepete Tippet tyer

On Amazon (UK), it's called:

Animals (Deluxe) [2018 Remix]
    Box Set

ARK and sharedon like this.
  21. RichC

RichC Forum Resident

Aha, so just FLOYD BluRays then. Whew! My Kubrick and Fincher BluRays are safe for a while then....

ARK likes this.
  22. mark winstanley

mark winstanley Certified dinosaur, who likes physical product

Yea, it's interesting that in my searches I can't seem to find anything anywhere...
    Perhaps Amazon UK is ahead of the game, but I couldn't even find it on the Floyd site

23. Sytze

Sytze Senior Member

A remastered version of this is on the Snowy CD 'Gold Top', but it's been OOP for years.

Sean, BeatleJWOL and Manalishi like this.
  24. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Is this real? The artwork on this package does look even better than on the large set.^^

Sean, Joti Cover and Derek Slazenger like this.
  25. Sytze

Sytze Senior Member

True, although on the Snowy CD 'Gold Top' it is called 'complete version'...

slipkid likes this.