Pink Floyd - Animals Deluxe Edition: (2018 remix Released Sept 2022)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jlf, Jun 30, 2022.

1. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

I'm stunned that they're actually offering a stand-alone Blu-ray! It's going to be a hard choice for me between that and the SACD. I dunno how invested I am in having the original mix on Blu-ray. And I have DSOTM and WYWH on SACD, it's tempting to have them all.

laf848, klockwerk, pfausto and 7 others like this.
  2. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

I still think back and forth to either take the big set or the Blu-ray only.
    The former has an exclusive 12'' booklet (I believe), while the latter has a different (and to me much better looking) front cover, uh-oh...

coffeetime, D-rock and dkmonroe like this.
  3. misteranderson

misteranderson Forum Resident

No live material was realistically expected. Nice to have it confirmed.

rontoon, mark winstanley and D-rock like this.
  4. wolfyboy3

wolfyboy3 99 Red Balloons Go By...

Insta-buy

D-rock likes this.
  5. drsmuts

drsmuts Forum Resident

Haven't got 5.1 anymore so will probably just get the CD. Didn't expect anything like live stuff but was hoping for a bonus of the Snowy White solo. Oh well.

Perhaps in 2032?

mark winstanley likes this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

After all this time ....
    Ordered the deluxe, stand-alone SACD and stand-alone Bluray ... at this point, why not?

culabula likes this.
  7. wolfyboy3

Doesn't the deluxe already include the blu ray?

8. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

The CD has been out since 2018, this mix away ... right?

9. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

I want the different packaging with the bluray and the book with the deluxe

coffeetime likes this.
  10. MikeManaic61

MikeManaic61 Forum Resident

Wow, so Ozzy's album, Megadeth's new album & now this all on Sept? It's gonna be a busy month.

11. dkmonroe

Yeah, I think about just putting the big set on my Christmas list (somebody will buy it for me) but frankly, I'm most interested in the 5.1 mix, slightly less interested in the new stereo mix, and meh about having the old stereo on Blu-ray or storing another big set. I've got a vintage copy of the LP that is fine with me for the original mix, and if I get the remix on SACD or Blu-ray I don't really care about having it on LP, unless the LP is somehow just mind-blowingly better than the SACD. But hey, options everywhere, can't complain.

andrewskyDE likes this.
  12. wolfyboy3

You got deep pockets. More power to ya!

D-rock likes this.
  13. Jwag1

Jwag1 Forum Resident

Lol I just got my first Blu Ray player last year. Yep, even I thought it was unbelievable. I guess now I'll have to replace all my DVDs.

14. JulesRules

JulesRules Weaponized, Deranged Warthog Thug

They said for a while now that they wanted to remix the album because they thought it wasn't up to the standards of the albums surrounding it. A new stereo mix is not going to sound like a carbon copy of the original.

And this is also the first time the original mix has been released in hi-res on a physical format - apparently being an improvement on the 2011 CD itself, if the Hi-Res download thread is anything to go by.

15. Fruff76

Fruff76 L100 Classic - Fan Club President

What is the difference between this LP and the one that is currently readily available?

16. coffeetime

coffeetime Senior Member

Same dilemma. Head says to wait for the deluxe and get it all in one and the book. Heart says BluRay, get it a month earlier.

Both is indulgent, but then getting the 5.1 mix on release day and both sets of artwork. So tempting to get both!

17. R E Faust

R E Faust Forum Resident

Ignominious and D-rock like this.
  18. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Do you mean the 2016 released LP? That's the original '77 mix. The new one in this set is the remix.

ARK, JulesRules and Fruff76 like this.
  19. dkmonroe

The new LP is the stereo remix. The current one is the original mix remastered.

ARK, hi_watt, Fruff76 and 1 other person like this.
  20. dalecooper

dalecooper Forum Resident

Or live material, or something. Different mixes don't interest me a lot; the original album already sounds pretty good (though it's not as majestic-sounding as the other classic 70s albums for whatever reason). Oh well--my wallet could use a break anyway!

andrewskyDE likes this.
  21. lennonfan1

lennonfan1 Senior Member

finally, like many forum members I'm highly interested as this was a groundbreaking work back in the day which holds up better than ever now.

andrewskyDE likes this.
  22. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

I got the email from Acoustic Sounds not that long ago, so I put in my order for the stand alone SACD. I will probably also order the deluxe edition once available on Amazon or some other site that might have a lower price than "full retail".

ProfBoz likes this.
  23. Mrmojo

Mrmojo Forum Resident

1. 2018 Remix: 5.1 Surround Mix (Dolby Digital @ 640 kbps, 448kbps), Stereo (LPCM 24-bit/48 kHz Uncompressed
      1977 Original Stereo Mix: (24-bit/48 kHz Uncompressed)

1. No HD DTS

24. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

DVD?

Mrmojo and JulesRules like this.
  25. Jwag1

Jwag1 Forum Resident

Very excited for this release. Ill probably get the Deluxe set. Then eventually sell the dvd and blu ray. I can only see myself listening to them once or twice.

coffeetime likes this.