Pink Floyd Animals in 5.1 Speculation, Now Pricing & Shipping thread starting Page 248

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by rontoon, Apr 16, 2018.

1. RockNRod

RockNRod Forum Resident

I think but I'm not sure, that you will see the Animals release before you see Jesus.

2. Norco74

Norco74 For the good and the not so good…

Nope. They are both scheduled on the same date.

3. Anthrax

Anthrax Forum Resident

That pig over Battersea looks ripe for the riding.

Just saying.

4. kevin5brown

kevin5brown Analog or bust.

The same date that the Are You Experienced SACD comes out ...

5. Norco74

Norco74 For the good and the not so good…

Or when the make over will be completed!

[​IMG]

JediJoker, zinan, Simon A and 7 others like this.
  6. Ricky Lampoon

Ricky Lampoon Forum Resident

It’s ironic that Battersea Power Station (a symbol of the anti-capitalism of Animals) is now being taken over by Apple, one of the most successful capitalist companies of all time.

kevin5brown and jumpinjulian like this.
  7. pablorkcz

pablorkcz ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

It’d be ironic if it were being taken over by a commune of anti-capitalist, anarchists. I don’t think any corporation moving into a building the has come to signify “industry” could be considered ironic though.
    Re: Animals, the building is symbolic of what is being critiqued, but it isn’t the critique itself.

My opinion might change if they permanently install a pink pig between the smokestacks however.

8. triply

triply Forum Resident

Roger liked the phallic symbolism of the 4 chimneys. It represented the 4 members (ha! ha!) of Pink Floyd.
    It used to be a power-station, so I think it is more representation of the power (capitalism) rather than anti-capitalism.

Also, by coincidence, they started being (more of) dicks to each other by this point of time.

ODShowtime and Tom Favata like this.
  9. Haggischomper

Haggischomper Scottish AF

And, if you turn it upside down, it still looks like a massive concrete pig, kinda.

10. drumzNspace

drumzNspace Forum Resident

Agreed. Industrialization and the album’s setting, environment. And how the business of the creation and consolidation of “power” is a dirty, dark business..

Haggischomper likes this.
  11. Raf

Raf Senior Member

Why should it change? The pig was as much of a symbol of capitalist greed as the factory was.

12. Raf

Raf Senior Member

You misspelled apropos.

Devin likes this.
  13. Ricky Lampoon

Each person can interpret the cover how they wish, of course.

I have always imagined the building to be an upside down pig, hence the floating pig.

14. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Pink Freud

Always looked more like a sheep to me, with the long legs.

15. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac Thread Starter

IIRC, the new cover for Animals features Battersea Power Station during its facelift.

makedatmusic, Sigma6 and Hattipper like this.
  16. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

You chaps know that there are only two chimneys and they just used Photoshop to make it look like four!?!? :winkgrin:

[​IMG]

17. The building comprises two power stations, built in two stages in a single building. Battersea A Power Station was built between 1929–35 and Battersea B Power Station to its east, between 1937–41, when construction was paused owing to the worsening effects of the Second World War. The building was completed in 1955. "Battersea B" was built to a near identical design to "Battersea A" which provided the iconic four-chimney structure.

"Battersea A" was decommissioned in 1975. In 1980 the whole structure was given Grade II listed status; "Battersea B" shut three years later. In 2007 its listed status was upgraded to Grade II*. The building remained empty until 2014, during which time it fell into near ruin.

AIASYKA (As I Am Sure You Know Already)

So only took 20 years to photoshop, then!

Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
  18. RockNRod

RockNRod Forum Resident

...and a conspiracy theory has just been hatched, lol.

19. Ricky Lampoon

It’s the mono version.

20. scobb

scobb Forum Resident

Surely it’s stereo vs the quad version?

21. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

You can't trust everything you find on the web, you know? This sounds like something from QAnon! :laugh:

mestreech and RockNRod like this.
  22. JulesRules

JulesRules Weaponized, Deranged Warthog Thug

But it's a flying pig, and that according to Roger (Pigs on the Wing) is a symbol of hope... yeah.

23. triply

triply Forum Resident

I visited Battersea Power Station when I visited London sometime in 2005-2006 and took a picture of myself in my Animals t-shirt in front of it.
    It was the stereo version, because there were 4 chimneys!

mestreech, Ricky Lampoon and duneman like this.
  24. crossroads69

crossroads69 Senior Member

I remember on one of my first few work trips to London around 2012. I was staying around Bloomsbury and decided to walk towards Westminster and then continue down to the Chelsea until I could see those 4 big chimneys! Just the sight got me so excited :)