Pink Floyd Animals in 5.1 Speculation, Now Pricing & Shipping thread starting Page 248

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by rontoon, Apr 16, 2018.

1. mooncusser2k

mooncusser2k "Oink, Oink, Woof, Woof, Baaaaa."

Perhaps we could move the Venice discussion to the Later Years thread and keep this one for Animals (and the lack of release news).

2. jonnyslb

jonnyslb Forum Resident

Last edited: Sep 5, 2021
  3. posnera

posnera Forum Resident

This is the most definitive statement about a live Animals release. I wonder whether it will be a complete show or just the Animals portion.

4. jonnyslb

jonnyslb Forum Resident

Yeah, I agree! When they release the live album on Dark Side of the Moon Experience, only the Dark Side set list was on the album, and Wish you Were Here had Shine on and Raving and Drooling and You gotta be Crazy. Altought if they do that, welcome to the machine, have a Cigar and wish you were performed live by Pink Floyd will never be released! Let's hope that Animals and Wish you Were Here sets will be released at least!

5. PES

PES Forum Resident

Perhaps this is why there has been no formal announcement of a release this year (aside from Water's blast earlier in the summer). Maybe they a) finally came up with a decent set of professionally recorded tapes or b) went the bootleg audio enrichment route. Either way, good news. As long as they include "Sheep" that is. Animals isn't the same without it and I've always considered Gilmour's stun guitar soloing at the end of that song his response to the burgeoning punk rock movement (a f#ck you to Johnny Rotten and his I Hate Pink Floyd t-shirt). And maybe, to repeat a previous comment I've made on this thread, the '75 studio demos of "you've Got to Be Crazy" and "raving and Drollin" along with an explanation of the rationale of building a separate album around those two discarded tracks.

6. aphexj

aphexj Sound mind & body

Just you wait — it's gonna be PULSE :uhhuh:

Nah seriously though, all is forgiven if we get a legit release from the '77 tour, even in part

D-rock likes this.
  7. Crosseyed

Crosseyed help I'm a rock

This is the most interesting piece of information in the entire 184 pages to date (only took 3 years lol) - glad to hear it

Coricama, supermd, mc9 and 13 others like this.
  8. Cool hand luke

Cool hand luke There you go man, keep as cool as you can

I inherited (or more like just permanently borrowed) that cassette from my older brother in the mid-80's. It wasn't until years later when I got the CD that I heard it as meant to be. What a weird decision, but I guess it had to be done that way.

9. mooncusser2k

If a live recording is part of the release, that would be very nice. That said, I'll wait for more concrete information before getting too excited for it. There could be a misunderstanding on his part or some kind of mix-up. I hope I'm wrong.

Surferghost and Billy Infinity like this.
  10. jmcecil

jmcecil Analog Jitter

Live animals from the 77'/78' tour would be too good to be true. MUST ... NOT ... GET ... HOPES ... UP ...........

11. zinan

zinan Forum Resident

If my memory does not change me, then this article refers to Aubrey's rather old interview, he is at least two years old.

12. Pink Floyd and Anniversaries

1992 Shine On (Box Set) 25th Anniversary as a recording and touring band
    1993 The Dark Side of The Moon (1992 Shine On Remaster) 20th Anniversary
    2003 The Dark Side of The Moon (SACD) 30th Anniversary
    2007 The Piper at the Gates of Dawn (3CD-Mono, Stereo, Bonus Tracks) 40th Anniversary
    2007 Oh By The Way (Compilation Box Set) 40th Anniversary (Various different remasters in Mini LP format covers)

2014 The Division Bell (Double LP) 20th Anniversary (plus HD and Surround in a Deluxe Box Set).
    2019 The Division Bell (Double LP) (Blue Vinyl Limited Edition) 25th Anniversary

There may be others, however they generally haven't observed anniversaries that much in recent years.
    N
    With the 50's coming up with Meddle on 5 November, there is no sign this will be marked either.

It would be nice if Animals is released on (or before) the 45th Anniversary on Friday 21 January 2022.

BTW I think Powell may be referring to a standalone release of the Pulse BluRay/DVD from The Later Years.

Note: 26 September is the 10th Anniversary of the Discovery box set (plus TDSOTM Experience & Immersion Editions) and 7 November WYWH Experience & Immersion.

13. mooncusser2k

Exactly. It may not be live Animals.

D-rock likes this.
  14. It would be great if it was, however...

D-rock likes this.
  15. mooncusser2k

Absolutely. Could be seismic -- if they pull it off. Big if.

jmcecil and CDS AudioFiles like this.
  16. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac Thread Starter

While I'm hoping this is true I think Po got things confused. He didn't even mention the multichannel mix.

ODShowtime likes this.
  17. jmcecil

jmcecil Analog Jitter

This is the most likely scenario. Just random words from someone who doesn't quite grock the impact of the potential meaning of the statement if the statement is parsed word by word. MUST ... NOT ... GET ... HOPES ... UP ... grr damn

Surferghost, D-rock and rontoon like this.
  18. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac Thread Starter

After settling the liner notes issue perhaps the producers decide to expand this release after all? That would certainly explain delaying any official announcement of it being released.

Probably not.

PDK, Surferghost, supermd and 7 others like this.
  19. carrolls

carrolls Forum Resident

They used standard definition television to get that made, RAI Italy's outside broadcast unit. I remember watching it as a live event via Eurovision on Irish tv. I video recorded it at the time.

20. Geordiepete

Geordiepete Tippet tyer

Sounds like the gory aftermath of an illegal pit bull fight.

St. Troy likes this.
  21. Solace

Solace Forum Resident

Powell sounds quite specific about the live album in the article linked above: 'Pink Floyd: Their Mortal Remains' Exhibition Brings Artifacts to U.S. - Variety

“I’ve reshot the ‘Animals’ cover, which was the pig over the power station,” says Powell. “So although it’s not been released yet, we thought, well, okay, let’s put the new cover up there. They’re building blocks of flats there, and I wanted to get this picture before the power station was surrounded completely — which it is now – by apartments to the point you can barely see it, and do something with it. Consequently there’s a re-release of the new album, a version with a remix and a live album, coming out next year, and this is going to be the album cover. So there’s a history here going from way back when they started right up to the present day.”

ropiyas, Gamer_299, supermd and 8 others like this.
  22. jonnyslb

jonnyslb Forum Resident

Yeah, I agree with you, basically Aubrey Powell is in charge on working on the new releases of the band, he knows better than anyone else...

23. Josip

Josip Forum Resident

The online war continues: official PF facebook took the time to wish Roger happy birthday with a blurry photo of Roger from one of his drunk videos...

24. Ricky Lampoon

Ricky Lampoon Forum Resident

Not a very flattering photo, but at least someone in the Floyd camp is thinking of him.
    Happy Birthday, Rog!

25. Sigma6

Sigma6 Forum Resident

Gold!!

Shvartze Shabbos and rontoon like this.