Pink Floyd Animals in 5.1 Speculation, Now Pricing & Shipping thread starting Page 248

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by rontoon, Apr 16, 2018.

1. stlblues

stlblues Forum Resident

I hope they do Atmos.

Billy Infinity and coffeetime like this.
  2. aphexj

aphexj Sound mind & body

Thanks for doing what you do Liam! I appreciate your efforts. Anyways... roll on September and Animals deluxe! A belated birthday present for me :pineapple:

LiamAFG and D-rock like this.
  3. makedatmusic

makedatmusic Forum Resident

:laughup:
    Are you crazy?! o_O
    What are you trying to do here, delay this release until 2027?!

Everything's finally been approved, and if this release is not already being manufactured as we speak, then it will be shortly, so let's just hope there's no further delays of any kind!

:righton:

4. St. Troy

St. Troy Still superior.

Yep; Steven Wilson could crank out the actual Atmos mix in 10 - 14 days, but the various PF band member and manager camps would then relax in their rocking chairs and look for things to argue about.

ponkine and makedatmusic like this.
  5. makedatmusic

makedatmusic Forum Resident

Yep, plus SW said in a podcast recently that while he has met both David G and Nick M, he was given a chance to meet Roger W and declined the opportunity (probably because of RW's anti-Israel stance; SW's wife is Israeli) so if SW didn't want to meet RW, I'm pretty sure he would also not want to work with him on any remixes, PF or solo

andrewskyDE, bluedemon25 and rontoon like this.
  6. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Alright!! September 30th, 2077!! :D

boggs and mark winstanley like this.
  7. JulesRules

JulesRules Weaponized, Deranged Warthog Thug

On the other hand he has been vocally dismissive of anything PF produced without Waters and praised Is This The Life We Really Want... something I still don't understand.

andrewskyDE and St. Troy like this.
  8. Nonsuch

Nonsuch Knows a Little Bit About a Lot of Things

Maybe, but I'd have a hard time imagining any producer not taking a crack at a classic Pink Floyd remix if given the chance, whatever the politics involved.

9. Norco74

Norco74 For the good and the not so good…

I do not foresee SW do any remixing of the PF studio albums anytime soon but perhaps once they have completed scraping the bottom of the barrel. Who knows how deep that is?

It would be interesting to hear his remix take on the studio albums but frankly they will probably be more fans nay than yay as remixing is like tampering with someone musical DNA.

Beefalo likes this.
  10. Playloud

Playloud Nobody’s Hero

Wilson recognizes needing to separate appreciation for the work from the person who’s responsible for the original work. If the opportunity presented itself I’m reasonably sure he would create mixes for Floyd albums regardless of which members are involved or how he feels about them as people.

11. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Man, I so wish/hope SW would remix some or all of the Floyd albums some day, if there's any chance for it. That would be amazing.

Bill Mac, JulesRules and boggs like this.
  12. imthetxman

imthetxman HardMediaMan

Still painful for me to see anything related to the "In the Flesh" 1977 tour. I sold my tickets (Milwaukee County Stadium) because I was scheduled to work 2nd shift that night. Ahhhhhh

LivingForever and JulesRules like this.
  13. NunoBento

NunoBento Rock 'n' Roll Star

Ouch. That's like losing the winning lottery ticket.

JulesRules and hi_watt like this.
  14. Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne WYWH (1975-2025)

That would haunt me for the rest of my life. Hopefully you caught Floyd live later on.

ODShowtime, hiterss and rontoon like this.
  15. imthetxman

imthetxman HardMediaMan

Not with the classic four still in place. I saw Pink Floyd (sans Roger) in 1994 and have seen Roger a couple of times (Dark Side & The Wall tours) but never with the 4 of them together. And it does haunt me.... Particularly because I felt it was a mistake at the time but made the decision - "Ahhh.... I'll get a chance to see them again down the road." Think about it... how many 16 year olds choose a night at work vs. a legendary rock concert!! Ugh.

Last edited: May 24, 2022
  16. imthetxman

imthetxman HardMediaMan

Oh yeah.... and to add insult to injury, I had a bunch of friends who went and tell me to this day, it's the best live show they have ever seen. And we've seen some pretty good ones as a group.

ODShowtime, hi_watt, St. Troy and 4 others like this.
  17. Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne WYWH (1975-2025)

I saw Floyd in '87. I was 18 so there was no chance of seeing them with Roger. I still can put on my tombstone that I saw Floyd live though not in their prime.

Oh and I lost a silly job over it. I requested the time off (I had to drive up to Seattle) but was denied. So I went anyway. I showed up on my next work day and tried to pretend like nothing happened. I think I gave the "My Uncle died" excuse. Nope. Fired and final paycheck.

I would do it again for Floyd.

Cody B, bobloblaw, animaux and 13 others like this.
  18. imthetxman

imthetxman HardMediaMan

You have no idea (well... maybe some) how I wish I would have played it your way in 1977. :)

CybrKhatru and Jerry Horne like this.
  19. klockwerk

klockwerk Forum Resident

Funny you saying that.

boggs likes this.
  20. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac Thread Starter

Really? I come off as being entitled? :doh:
    I don't think you'll find any evidence to support that opinion.

Alternative4 and Jerry Horne like this.
  21. tkl7

tkl7 Agent Provocateur

I never got to see them live, with or without Roger. The closest I got was when I saw Roger play MSG in 2006, and Nick sat in on the Dark Side of The Moon set...

JulesRules, hi_watt and tedhead like this.
  22. NunoBento

NunoBento Rock 'n' Roll Star

Even Costanza couldn't pull that off!

Alternative4, ropiyas, Ern and 4 others like this.
  23. tedhead

tedhead Forum Resident

I was at that show. It was just months after seeing Gilmour and Wright in Chicago for On An Island.

All four members in one year, but split in half; and just one year after Live 8!

tkl7, JulesRules, childerikov and 2 others like this.
  24. St. Troy

St. Troy Still superior.

Some would say that’s what I did (I was around 22 I think) when I chose not to see Nirvana on their last tour (“hey, they’ll be back…”) because it would’ve been like a 2 hour drive. Of course, since I didn’t care much about Nirvana then, and even less about them now, no loss (the opposite of your situation, really).

JulesRules, tedhead, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  25. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

How about being thrown out of Pink Floyd at the Boston Garden for the WYWH tour because my a**hole buddy got in a fight. He ran and saw the whole show but the ushers threw me out. How's that for insult to injury :rolleyes::help::realmad:!!