Pink Floyd Animals in 5.1 Speculation, Now Pricing & Shipping thread starting Page 248

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by rontoon, Apr 16, 2018.

1. aphexj

aphexj Sound mind & body

Yeah, it's possible that's the case, Jackson having engineered pretty much every Gilmour-led project since 1984. His Floyd involvement started out with assisting Guthrie on engineering live recordings of the band's performances of The Wall in 1980, continued through the film's soundtrack sessions and The Final Cut, he even toured with Waters as FOH mixer for the Pros and Cons tour but clearly demarcated when he joined Bob Ezrin in Gilmour's camp for A Momentary Lapse

Frankly, Guthrie's insistance on SACD as a format has led to the band releasing two really remarkable surround mixes in that format and I hope it continues for Animals and The Wall. Phil Taylor's input would also be valuable since he was actually present for the writing and recording from inception to completion of both albums, as the band's equipment technician since the 1974 rehearsals where they wrote "Gotta Be Crazy" & "Raving and Drooling"

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    Simon A, coffeetime and tonewheeltom like this.
  2. Deek57

Deek57 Forum Resident

Oh come on, that was over half a dozen posts back, it needed re confirmation.

3. englishbob

englishbob has left the SH Forums...19/05/2023

I'm looking forward to seeing the new cover art.

Do you think it's taken from the 2011 stunt, or a bang up to date shot with the pig added digitally. (No way they could of done a recent pic with an inflatable pig and it not become common knowledge)

4. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

I wonder if the Animals SACD will come in a booklet style case like the WYWH SACD or if it'll come in jewel case. Has the packaging type been confirmed?

5. englishbob

englishbob has left the SH Forums...19/05/2023

It better do for that money!

Galactus2 likes this.
  6. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Can't answer that. But how's the Dark Side re-release packaged this time? Hope the same way as the WYWH SACD book?

7. tkl7

tkl7 Agent Provocateur

No, but I am guessing that some attempt will be made at uniformity...

klockwerk likes this.
  8. Say It Right

Say It Right Not for the Hearing Impaired

One would be hard-pressed to find much history Floyd dissension with regard to recording/production personnel, side musicians or studio to handle artwork. Their disputes had always centered over other matters.

Sevoflurane likes this.
  9. duneman

duneman Forum Resident

Very excited about an Animals 5.1 - pretty much my favorite PF album!

I have Dark Side, Wish You Were Here, Division Bell and Endless River, as well as the various 5.1 & Quad mixes on the standalone Early Years editions. Also I have assorted other PF related surround editions.

Michael Rose and coffeetime like this.
  10. duneman

duneman Forum Resident

Tangential to this thread I notice Guthrie and Gilmour did the 5.1 mix for the Pulse DVD.

11. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

There's a Blu ray in the Classifieds for $77 RIGHT NOW !

Bill Mac and rontoon like this.
  12. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

That price for The Division Bell Blu-ray (from the 20th Anniversary set) is worth every penny :righton:!

13. Hush

Hush "Fate, up against your will"

With the 42nd anniversary of the release of this album being yesterday, it was understandable that Pink Floyd's social media would spring into action.

But, they seem to be continuing the 'Animals' theme today and have posted a couple of times on their twitter & instagram feeds. Which begs the question, is this the start of the campaign for the 5.1 release, or am I just away ahead of myself here :laugh:

14. Michael Rose

Michael Rose Forum Resident

Still kicking the can around, waiting... :(

15. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Don't know, but you just alerted hundreds of us watching this thread. :laugh:

16. jjjos

jjjos Forum Resident

Seriously. I’m waiting for this one, and every time this thread is bumped I get excited.

17. Deek57

Deek57 Forum Resident

I've been waiting for Animals in surround sound for years, a little while longer isn't going to hurt now it's been announced it is coming out.

Simon A likes this.
  18. Hush

Hush "Fate, up against your will"

Same :laugh:

19. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac Thread Starter

I wouldn't take this as anything other than acknowledging it's original release date.

Myke likes this.
  20. Philrock90

Philrock90 Forum Resident

I doubt we wont get this until atleast the end of the year if then

21. J_D__

J_D__ Senior Member

Just because it's announced, doesn't necessary guarantee it will ever be released.

22. rontoon

If Pink Floyd spent money on it they'll release it.

Full Circle, makedatmusic and zinan like this.
  23. J_D__

J_D__ Senior Member

The Wall 5.1???

Jam757 and Blastproof like this.
  24. Hymie the Robot

Hymie the Robot Forum Resident

Obscured By Clouds 5.1 ???

Jam757 likes this.
  25. rontoon

Is Guthrie's work done?
    Well, they tried.:tiphat: