Pink Floyd Animals in 5.1 Speculation, Now Pricing & Shipping thread starting Page 248

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by rontoon, Apr 16, 2018.

1. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

Wrong choice of words — allegedly under consideration.

rontoon likes this.
  2. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac Thread Starter

Not even that really.

3. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

There will be NO middle years box as there is nothing left to fill it.

4. Deek57

Deek57 Forum Resident

Me too, bought it on release day, the lyrics were there on the inner but the song wasn't on the album, bummer. It wasn't until August 80 that I got to hear it performed live at Earls Court, I was thinking wtf why the ffff did they leave this off.

seasonsinthesky and andrewskyDE like this.
  5. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

A Middle Years box set was considered on a recent interview. But that was just words, no real plans (for now).

6. PacificOceanBlue

No doubt the options are limited. Still, album remixes (e.g. Animals), demos, some live material (including plenty of tapes from The Wall tour) are options for some sort of package.

hiterss, andrewskyDE and mestreech like this.
  7. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

I agree with you that for the fans there are always new an never heard things but I trust the big fans like RONTOON on this.
    I do hope he is SO WRONG :laugh::laugh:

8. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Also a great opportunity for a proper release of the Meddle album remix...
    Although a bit inconvenient, this album 'era' might overlap with the last section in the Early Years box set.

JulesRules likes this.
  9. edfom

edfom Forum Resident

I'd much rather mini-Immersions for OBC, Meddle, Animals & TFC in the style of the special editions of TER and RTL than a Middle Years box.

JulesRules, dirie, zinan and 5 others like this.
  10. PacificOceanBlue

Agreed. I’m not campaigning for a $350+ box set. I would like there to be access to some of the Immersion box set content like Brighton ‘72, the Animals remix, and a new live set from The Wall tour, but the last thing I care about is another overpriced, bloated box set.

JulesRules, tedhead, dirie and 2 others like this.
  11. rontoon

I wouldn't even say that it was considered but rather simply posed as a question.
    Yes, there are obviously options if it ever is seriously considered. I don't see this happening.
    Me too!!!

mestreech and andrewskyDE like this.
  12. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

How much of Brighton '72 actually does still exist? I've read that not the whole concert was captured on tape.
    Thought what's in the Dark Side box set is everything recorded from that gig (apart of the 'Breathe' snippet in the Classic Albums documentary).

hiterss and mc9 like this.
  13. edfom

edfom Forum Resident

Brighton itself would be a great release if it was filmed in its entirety. Blu-ray and CD combo. I'd think it would sell pretty well. But yeah, I just really don't want another massive box set. I can't understand why they're still being made as I'd think that smaller individual sets would sell so much better. I'd love to see sales numbers comparing TEY box versus the individual releases.

JulesRules and PacificOceanBlue like this.
  14. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Yes, and mine was deathly serious. :laugh:

mestreech and rontoon like this.
  15. Instant Dharma

Instant Dharma Dude/man

How about Semprini?

Big Pasi, mestreech, Jimbino and 2 others like this.
  16. It’s probably the most sought after aspect of any PF box. What is wrong with you? :whistle:

mestreech likes this.
  17. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

[​IMG]

18. rontoon

But it was her only line!

19. PacificOceanBlue

I really don’t know, you are probably correct. It would be nice to see the audio back in print at the very least.

andrewskyDE likes this.
  20. Music Geek

Music Geek Confusion will be my epitaph

They were able to compare sales of the early years boxset and the individual "elements" and they have chosen to issue the later years as one boxset... It tells me that they make more profit from low sales numbers of a very expensive box set than from just slightly higher sales of cheaper items.

PDK likes this.
  21. edfom

edfom Forum Resident

Or they make more because some didn't want to wait and others didn't want to miss out on the exclusives. It creates an inflated demand on these box sets and it's quite annoying in my opinion. It's taking advantage of fans when artists do this and I just can't support this type of marketing anymore. If they had released the big box and the individual sets on the same day, which do you think would have been the better seller?

Give the fans affordable sets (with some proper QC for gods sake) that allow us to pick and choose what we want to collect. Don't just throw it all in a big box with a price tag that's twice what it's worth and laugh as we all stupidly purchase them. It's frustrating.

JulesRules likes this.
  22. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

Yes, they do really well on those sets..... until they get stuck having to replace thousands of defective BluRay discs.

23. Anthrax

Anthrax Forum Resident

If I remember right, the quote from the interview said that the possibility of a Middle Years set had been mentioned, buttttt there was no information whatsoever regarding whether the talk was in favour of it or against it. For all we know, that talk might've ended with a "nah, let's not do it".

So, like you say, there is nothing as of now.

BeatleJWOL, andrewskyDE and rontoon like this.
  24. Sure there is. The Wall 5.1, Animals, The Final Cut, The Wall film and film soundtrack, plus the material released ten years ago in the Immersion sets.

25. This!

Kristofa likes this.