Pink Floyd Animals in 5.1 Speculation, Now Pricing & Shipping thread starting Page 248

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by rontoon, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

Well it seems that you're biased towards Waters. That's fine with me. It just seems pointless to argue who is to blame without knowing exactly what has gone on behind the scenes in the Floyd camp through out the years.

2. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac Thread Starter

Thanks for the props but obviously not everyone thinks my info is credible. I'll just stop repeating myself since it ruins the experience for those who wish to continue to speculate. :rolleyes:

drum_cas, Charlie Z. and dkmonroe like this.
  3. Mirror Image

Mirror Image Forum Resident

Right and, at this juncture, who really cares anymore? People should be thankful for everything that’s been released in the first place!

Bill Mac likes this.
  4. rontoon

I'm glad that you took my post in the spirit for which it was intended. :righton:
    The two are not mutually exclusive and from the amount of posts on this subject it's obvious that a lot of people still care about this.

RangerXT, drum_cas, PDK and 3 others like this.
  5. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

I think you're credible, I just couldn't remember whether you were the one who initially reported it. I did not wish to cast any aspersion on your reporting.

JulesRules and rontoon like this.
  6. 007james

007james Forum Resident

pre-pre-pre ordered, shipping in 2050 - postponed, Roger is holding off until he makes Peace with David

RangerXT likes this.
  7. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

I agree 100%! Although I did not buy the Later Years box set. It sure is tempting but a little pricey.

RangerXT and Mirror Image like this.
  8. Mirror Image

No one here knows everything there is to know about Pink Floyd and no one is an expert. Unless some concrete evidence has surfaced from both the Gilmour and Waters camps and it’s been made official, we’ll never get an Animals set, so go on about your lives as there’s nothing to see here.

9. rontoon

No worries, it wasn't you. I was referring to an insulting post from another member which has been deleted.
    If there's nothing to see here then I guess there's no reason to return to this thread.

RangerXT, drum_cas, PDK and 2 others like this.
  10. dkmonroe

In this case it's not so much bias toward Waters as bias toward Guthrie, in that it seems to me that if it ain't broke why try to fix it. Fighting over Guthrie vs. Jackson just seems like a very unnecessary addition to an already combative situation.

zinan, Bill Mac and Billy Infinity like this.
  11. Mirror Image

I didn’t see any reasonable justification for buying The Later Years box set and at the price they’re asking, the set should come with a bar of gold.

12. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

True. But it's Waters and Gilmour that need to realize that. I prefer Andy Jackson's work but would gladly buy Animals with the Guthrie 5.1 mix.

RangerXT, tedhead and dkmonroe like this.
  13. Mirror Image

Sure, people love to speculate, but speculation is nothing more than a form of National Enquirer or some loony British tabloid that prints ridiculous articles like how Prince Henry and Meghan Markle took a recent trip to an ice cream parlor in the times of ‘economic stress and uncertainty’ --- how dare they do this!

14. rontoon

The big difference is that this forum offers a voice to its members. The National Enquirer isn't published or written by its readers.

Beefalo, RangerXT, drum_cas and 4 others like this.
  15. tkl7

tkl7 Agent Provocateur

OK, dad.

Beefalo and PDK like this.
  16. tkl7

tkl7 Agent Provocateur

Yeah, the only thing from that that I want at this point is the surround of AMLOR.

Jimijam, PDK and Bill Mac like this.
  17. Devin

Devin Time's Up

I came here for the drama but stayed for the satire.

18. tkl7

tkl7 Agent Provocateur

From my understanding, this release was in the bag and was set to be announced before it was put on hold at the last minute. The issue with the OBC and Meddle mixes happened a year or two prior to that, so what happened in Dec 18 - Jan 19 that ripped the band-aid off the wound?

JulesRules and dkmonroe like this.
  19. dkmonroe

That is the question!

20. rontoon

Gilmour was denied the right to change Guthrie's mix for PULSE (or create a new one). Do you think that could possibly have anything to do with this? Maybe? :shrug:

21. dkmonroe

OK, excuse me for seeming to switch sides on the fence, but why would Waters give a hang what Gilmour does with Pulse? Not trying to be obnoxious, I'm genuinely curious.

JulesRules and PDK like this.
  22. rontoon

Because it was Guthrie's mix. Waters/Guthrie vs Gilmour and Co. That's the basics w/o any of the gory details. It's only part of the big picture but it offers some context.

23. dkmonroe

But wouldn't Waters have no pull over Pulse? He wasn't involved in it. Could he have blocked a remix of The Division Bell?

JulesRules and RangerXT like this.
  24. Say It Right

Say It Right Not for the Hearing Impaired

The latter is preferable to the former from the end, but never going to question this kind of sincere motivation!

Devin likes this.
  25. Instant Dharma

Instant Dharma Dude/man

but surely gory details would be welcoming at this point. :/

and Im certainly not calling you Shirley.