Pink Floyd Delicate Sound Of Thunder 2020 Box Set

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Sis+erRay, Sep 24, 2020.

1. MechanicalAnimal6

MechanicalAnimal6 Forum Resident

the Blu Ray & cd box set already sold out.

does the stand alone blu ray contain everything that was on the blu ray inside the box set?

i thought there were something about you having to buy the Box Set to get 5 bonus tracks on the blu ray or something...

2. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Carnival of Light enjoyer... IF I HAD ONE

That is correct. Apparently the digital release does include the bonus tracks, as mentioned in the post previous to yours.

Billy Infinity and Eric_Generic like this.
  3. obi

obi Forum Resident

When you say “sold out” what exactly do you mean?
    I just checked Amazon in the UK, Germany, Italy and France and it’s available to order from them all and most likely lots of other webstores around the world.

4. Billy Infinity

Billy Infinity Beloved aunt

Just to prove/verify it for anyone interested, here's a quick snapshot of the bonus tracks:

[​IMG]

5. MechanicalAnimal6

Amazon US.....it's sold out there and i can't find it in any record store i go to either, and they can't order more either...

obi likes this.
  6. obi

obi Forum Resident

Ok, that's too bad. Maybe try and order from the UK-based Amazon? I've seen people describe that sometimes it's not that much more expensive. The price shown is including UK VAT (UK sales tax) which will be removed when you ship to another country.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Delicate-S...=1610401039&sprefix=pink+floyd,aps,191&sr=8-1

superstar19 likes this.
  7. MechanicalAnimal6

the link you provided is out of stock, with no mention of anymore, lol.

i'm not dying to have it....i have so much on my wish list i can't afford, but it's really annoying when items keep on getting released
    and then seem to go out of print or are super limited. Not everyone can afford to buy everything they want right away....it's super annoying.
    I never heard of the box set version as being a limited thing, so this just is more annoying to me.

Use_Your_Koala likes this.
  8. I followed that link and it says; Available to ship in 1-2 days.

superstar19 likes this.
  9. indigovic

indigovic (Taylor’s Version)

Not related to the new box, but I remember that when I bought the VHS video back in the day, the store’s point-of-sale system had a limit to the number of characters they could display for product titles, after which they would be truncated. So my receipt for the purchase said that I had bought something called “Pink Floyd: The Deli”.

I always imagined a commercial for that: “From the band that brought you The Wall, it’s the new concept album The Deli! Featuring the hit singles “Soup and a Sandwich” and “Take a Number and Get in Line!”

St. Troy, oneslip17, BrettyD and 7 others like this.
  10. MechanicalAnimal6

well that's odd, when i click on it, it says:

Temporarily out of stock.
    We are working hard to be back in stock as soon as possible.

[​IMG]

superstar19 likes this.
  11. It's probably the shipping address, that dictates the message. However as long as it is Temporarily out of stock, there is still some hope that it will be back in stock.

ARK and superstar19 like this.
  12. MechanicalAnimal6

very well could be, they don't like shipping to the U.S. very much lately it seems.
    so many items i've seen on the UK site that they won't ship to the US for.

oh well, like i said, i can't afford to get the box set right now anyways, i'm more mad that it was limited and i don't recall it being
    mentioned ever as being limited. if i had known i would have bought this instead of something else i bought around that time....

13. The Slipperman

The Slipperman Forum Resident

I've been waiting over 2 months for Steve Hackett's latest CD/Bluray from an amazon international shipper in Switzerland. International shipments are slow right now.

14. jeffreybh

jeffreybh Gunter Gleiben Glauchen Globen

Already selling for well over $100 on Discogs and eBay... Would be ironic if it ends up more expensive than the low end of the price of The Later Years when it was still available (~$288 USD if I recall correctly)

ARK likes this.
  15. Sanctuary

Sanctuary Forum Resident

Bought the box and I am very impressed. This album was my intro to Floyd when I borrowed my fathers double cassette back in 88 but as time went on I grew distant from it. The remix done on this is spectacular and really brings the music forward , in addition there are some amazing, hungry performances here( Comfortably Numb is a standout). I was also pleased to find the concert on blu-ray/ DVD to be engaging and with stunning audio and excellently shot. The package, booklet, and postcards are a nice touch as well.It was nice to come full circle and reunite with this one, like meeting an old friend after many years who’s really put themselves together.

16. obi

obi Forum Resident

If that's the case, then you're being re-directed to the US Amazon. That sometimes happens and it probably means that the UK shop wont ship to US addresses. I just checked and for me it IS showing as in stock :)

17. MechanicalAnimal6

the website doesn't change to the US amazon, and stays saying Amazon.co.uk.

whatever, it is what it is....i stopped caring.

18. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

Amazon.de has all the options still left.

19. JulesRules

JulesRules Weaponized, Deranged Warthog Thug

Did I miss something? The bonus tracks were never in 5.1?

20. Billy Infinity

They certainly are on this one. I was just as surprised. And for the record, I don't have my surround system enabled to implement any of its built-in surround simulators - it's a pure feed from the iTunes 4K stream.

JulesRules likes this.
  21. hbbfam

hbbfam Forum Resident

I just stumbled onto this thread. Without going back 26 pages, what is the sound quality of the 2 CD set?

22. Anthrax

Anthrax Forum Resident

As purchaser of the bluray DSOT box in order to have the bonus tracks, all I can say is :sigh:

PhantomStranger and JulesRules like this.
  23. Billy Infinity

I know. I can understand the frustration.

Anthrax likes this.
  24. xXFloydianXx

xXFloydianXx One Slip, and down the hole we fall

Great to hear. As a non-Apple guy, can anyone confirm if this is the case if bought via Amazon/Vudu/any other digital copies?

Al Gator likes this.
  25. The Slipperman

The Slipperman Forum Resident

Bonus tracks are present and after the credits on Amazon.

Billy Infinity and xXFloydianXx like this.