Pink Floyd Discovery Box is here... (part2)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by MilesSmiles, Oct 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raf

Raf Senior Member

The master tape is probably irreparably damaged in that section. They must have repaired it by splicing in the corresponding bit from a copy tape (maybe the same copy tape that the track on Works uses in full). The patch-up is pretty obvious if you know it's there, but I'll take it over the botched job on Oh By the Way (which contains the ASoS CD commonly available in Europe) — the splice in that one is from an entirely different section of the track.

2. hbbfam

hbbfam Forum Resident

I was just in the local Chandler, AZ Costco and there were 6 Discovery Boxes for $150.

3. cyberinsekt

cyberinsekt New Member

Just picked this up at Amazon Uk 'Black Friday Deals' for £70!

4. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

I just wonder how many boxes they had on sale with that low price?
    Congrats for getting it.

5. cyberinsekt

cyberinsekt New Member

No idea,they went on sale 09.45,then vanished,I've seen these 'Black Friday' deals re-appear during the day so may be worth keeping a look out.

6. LivingForever

LivingForever Forum Arachibutyrophobic

Damn, can't believe I missed that. It's not even showing up under Expired Deals, which is odd. Maybe it will pop up again later.

7. Olev

Olev New Member

I would have totally missed it too but a work buddy discovered it like 5 minutes before the deal starting :) Got it for €86 including shipping. Was not planning on bying the set but it's more than worth that "black friday" price.

8. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

a pic for posterity :)

Attached Files:

9. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

I'm gutted I missed the umbrella

10. bluenote9

bluenote9 Forum Resident

got one too, well pleased :thumbsup:

11. Billy Bird

Billy Bird Forum Resident

Count me in too. Chuffed with that price. So there were a few for those of us here at the very least.

12. Cozzie

Cozzie Forum Resident

I also scored one at the Black Friday price. I've never actually owned any Pink Floyd besides Dark Side of the Moon and Wish You Were Here, I have heard a lot of their other stuff though. Not entirely sure what I have got myself into!

13. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

I would have surely tried for this, but I already own the set.
    Bought it with the higher price when it was released. :rolleyes:

14. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

I missed it also and it won't come back!!

15. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

Flares, a bad haircut, smoking weed and your girlfriend probably leaving you for someone in a suit with a good job.

16. Billy Bird

It'll be £70 again for a little while at Amazon.co.uk from 11am GMT today.

17. endofanera

endofanera Forum Resident

It might also be noting that HMV Glasgow had the box at 99 pounds yesterday. This is down from the 159.99 they had it at on release

18. Sigma6

Sigma6 Forum Resident

I still don't think this is enough for me to purchase these albums again. If it included a 24/96 download of all the albums it would have been a 1st day purchase for me.

19. Music Geek

Music Geek Confusion will be my epitaph

I think this box has not sold very well and considering the overall feeling of the Amazon reviews there has been quite a backlash on the whole Why Pink Floyd campaign... most people see it as a cash grab with little value.
    To be honest my opinion is not very different: from packaging to contents this campaign has been a disappointment.

PS: I am on the waitlist for the Discovery box at £70. If I get a chance to buy I will let you know and one of you can buy my copy at that price...
    How long does this "waitlist" thing last on Amazon?

20. MilesSmiles

MilesSmiles Oenologist Thread Starter

I agree, they could have made a lot more out of it, compared to some of the other sets that came out recently, they are really falling short.

21. Music Geek

I was notified that the deal is sold out now...

:cheers:

22. marantzbe

marantzbe Hyperactive!

I got mine,
    I jutst click on the add to basket button at 11:00 AM, and no problem at all.

23. autumn daze

autumn daze I really don't belong here

I got the £70 deal today too and I'm over the moon. The wife is buying me it for Christmas and seeing as I've only ever owned Meddle - The Wall, that's a lot of new Floyd for me. Well chuffed.

24. Music Geek

I have just visited the Amazon.uk site again and I got a message saying "Your time to claim this deal has expired" or something like that... so I guess I misunderstood the other message about the deal closing and there was indeed a copy for me...

:eek:

25. Billy Bird

£99.99 seems to be the Amazon and HMV (instore and online) price for this in the UK now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.