Pink Floyd Discovery Box is here... (part2)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by MilesSmiles, Oct 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beavy

beavy Forum Resident

I mentioned that I'm talking about the way it's handled for German customers/orders.
    I ordered many times from Amazon UK and they always removed the VAT and added the German tax later on which always resulted in a different price than the regular one advertised by Amazon UK before.

So please don't tell me that this is ridiculous or show me your purchases done from Germany at Amazon UK...........

2. nfloyd

nfloyd Member

Hehe yeah the price is huge on box sets here.
    At most times it dosen`t save a lot for me buying on Amazon because of the import tax and all that, of course some but not enought for me to choose it.
    This time it was just a too amazing price to let go, looks that Amazon could have made an error on the priceing on it or something? Who knows.

3. Music Geek

Music Geek Confusion will be my epitaph

Apologies. I said in a later message that I have investigated better what Amazon does and indeed it is not the same as what most EU companies do, due to the fact that have legal companies set up in many EU countries so they can choose to collect VAT at destination. Basically they have arranged from a tax point of view as if Amazon UK sends the goods to Amazon Germany and Amazon Germany sells the goods to you, therefore you pay the German VAT rates.

4. beavy

beavy Forum Resident

:cheers:

5. mark kirk

mark kirk Forum Resident

I picked this up from Costco back in November ($99 CDN) and I just now opened it up... finally. No excuses really, I just put it on the shelf when I brought it home and spent my free time listening to other stuff.
    I'm starting with aSoS and I've had the wind knocked out of me several times. For an album that I've listened to hundreds of times since '74, I'm amazed at how this sounds / what I'm hearing that was burried all these years.
    Truly like hearing it through virgin ears...

6. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

Got it great price.

7. Todd Fredericks

Todd Fredericks Senior Member

8. puffyrock2

puffyrock2 Forum Resident

How does The Division Bell sound in comparison to the 1994 original disc? I ordered a copy of the remaster but I cannot imagine that the difference would be that great. A reviewer on Amazon said that the remaster was mastered at a slightly faster speed. Can anybody confirm this?

9. grandegi

grandegi Blind test maniac

I'd like to know this

10. Lyle_JP

Lyle_JP Forum Curmudgeon

I can't speak to the "faster speed" comment, but I noticed no real pitch shift between the two discs, and there is only a 3 second difference in run-times (which could be just different gap lengths).

I previously posted my comparison of Division Bell 1994 (Columbia) to the 2011 disc here with a follow-up here.

Unfortunately, my observations won't help many in Europe since the EMI disc sounded quite different from the Columbia CD. Same goes for owners of the ObtW disc, which is also an EMI mastering.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.