Pink Floyd DSOTM Immersion Blu Ray Failure

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Tornado Red, Nov 22, 2016.

1. Deek57

Deek57 Forum Resident

In my experience the Quad mix has always been easy to find, transfers to DTS from vinyl and eight track all available from torrent sites for a long time. Then when the Hi Res Alan Parsons Quad DVD-A was released that was easy to find too. The real revelation in the Immersion box for me was the Early Mix, I'd never heard it before (had anyone).

coffeetime likes this.
  2. JulesRules

JulesRules Weaponized, Deranged Warthog Thug

:agree:

NUNZI and coffeetime like this.
  3. NUNZI

NUNZI Forum Resident

The early mix is worth the price of the box. I still can't believe they released it, a rare peek behind the curtain. Has been my "go to" version since the day it was released. The original is still the best, get's my vote as the "Sgt. Pepper" of the 1970's.

Simon A, boggs and JulesRules like this.
  4. baloo77fr

baloo77fr Active Member

Update 15th January 2019
    The Replacement Programme ended on Jan 31st 2019 as there are no
    further replacement discs available. Watch this space for any further
    information.

I just discovered this exchange program yesterday.
    It's seem to be to late now for me and other :-(
    Very bad news.

JulesRules likes this.
  5. Wom58

Wom58 Member

i got this reply tonight after 3 failed delivery attempts after paying priority from Aust. There should be enough discs for all the sets sold and still for sale

Hi there,

Update 15th January 2019

The Replacement Programme ended on Jan 31st 2019 as there are no further replacement discs available. Watch this space for any further information.

Update 28th November

The Replacement Programme will end on Jan 31st 2019 so please make your application by that date or we can’t guarantee you a replacement disc.

Update 8th August 2018

We have just a new batch off replacement discs from the manufacturer so can continue sending out replacement disc. Apologies to those who have not yet received their disc yet but they will be sent out shortly.

Update 12th July 2018

First batch of discs were sent out last week after delay getting to us from RoyalMail. Rest assured we have a second batch going this week so please don’t worry and apologies for the delay.

6. bobcat

bobcat Forum Resident

"The Replacement Programme ended on Jan 31st 2019"....."ended"....I wonder what they mean because Jan 31 is in nine days?

Imagine70 and Jarleboy like this.
  7. JulesRules

JulesRules Weaponized, Deranged Warthog Thug

If you ask me, it would be fair to actually produce as many replacement discs as there are still copies of the European made box sets in stock, and to provide the sellers (or at least the various Amazons) with these replacement discs so that whoever buys the set now automatically gets a 2nd disc in case the 1st one fails. Given that it looks as if ALL the Europe BDs are going to fail sooner or later, this would be the proper way of dealing with this problem.

Audionerd, bobcat and zinan like this.
  8. Audionerd

Audionerd Forum Resident

This isn’t good. I have 2 copies (long story), and sent off both last week. If they’ve run out, I really hope they have the presence of mind to send back the old discs.

rtalwani and JulesRules like this.
  9. Hush

Hush "Fate, up against your will"

I received my replacement copy in the post today. Works like a charm. Job done.

10. Huillery

Huillery Member

Hello. I live in France and I just realized that my disc was not working anymore. I guess it's too late for me knowing that until 31 the replacement.

11. Deek57

Deek57 Forum Resident

It's surprising that there were so many folk in the USA that had European Immersion box DSOTM sets.

theshape likes this.
  12. theshape

theshape Forum Resident

Believe me, I was surprised to find that my copy was European.

Deek57 likes this.
  13. andyms1

andyms1 Well-Known Member

I only read about the replacement service recently and sent my faulty copy back just before Christmas. Received a working replacement yesterday. Very happy

theshape likes this.
  14. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

I contacted the provided email on 1/7/19 asking if the 1/31/19 cut off date meant my Blu-ray had to reach the UK by 1/31/19 or before then. My concern was that my Blu-ray might not get to the UK by 1/31/19. I received an automated response shortly after on where to send my faulty Blu-ray. Then I received an email the next day requesting my mailing address and that they'd send me a replacement Blu-ray. So I didn't have to mail my Blu-ray to the UK. I received the new Blu-ray yesterday from the UK so I got lucky on this one :).

Simon A, IronWaffle, bobcat and 4 others like this.
  15. Mikeyerg

Mikeyerg Forum Resident

Not sure if this has been covered. When I select the quad mix on my Immersion Blu-ray, it plays in 2 CH Stereo. Has this happened to anyone else?

16. Audionerd

Audionerd Forum Resident

I received a similar email and replied, but sent the disc back anyway. Good to hear you got a replacement! I'm hoping for the same...

Bill Mac likes this.
  17. Deek57

Deek57 Forum Resident

It did, until I changed from optical cable to HDMI, it was driving me up the wall that I was only getting stereo.

18. BwanaBob

BwanaBob Forum Resident

Not quite awake and feel foolish. I saw DSOTM and translated it to Delicate Sound of Thunder. Would love an immersion version of that.

JulesRules likes this.
  19. mattazing

mattazing Forum Resident

I received my new disc this Saturday. I haven't had time to test it though.

Bill Mac and Audionerd like this.
  20. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

I played my replacement Blu-ray a few days ago and it played fine :).

mattazing and Hush like this.
  21. theshape

theshape Forum Resident

Received my replacement thankfully. Looking forward to listening soon!! :)

Audionerd and Hush like this.
  22. uffeolby

uffeolby Senior Member

I also received my replacement disc today - works like a charm :p

Took around six weeks from UK to Sweden.

theshape likes this.
  23. rtalwani

rtalwani Forum Resident

When did you mail your request, if you don’t mind my asking? I mailed my defective disc from LA on 1/9 and am hoping a replacement will arrive eventually . Thanks.

Audionerd and theshape like this.
  24. theshape

theshape Forum Resident

December 28th.

rtalwani likes this.
  25. unclecuddles

unclecuddles Forum Resident

FML - Just tried it today and it doesn't work. Was working up until a few months ago (the last time I played it). Only bought it in March 18, new and sealed on ebay, and I saw this thread at the time and tried it and it worked, then thought nothing more about it.

What a bummer!!!