Pink Floyd DSOTM Immersion Blu Ray Failure

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Tornado Red, Nov 22, 2016.

1. Raziel666

Raziel666 Forum Resident

Join the club! I haven't been able to find anything on that front.

Shvartze Shabbos likes this.
  2. TomAxl

TomAxl Member

Hi,
    ok so I emailed [email protected] for the DSOTM replacement and got a reply to provide address and proof of purchase.
    Since it was 9 yrs ago I dont have the reciept, any other suggestions of what works as a proof?

3. brfloydfan

brfloydfan Forum Resident

Where did you buy the box? Can't you get a duplicate of the receipt?

4. TomAxl

TomAxl Member

it was a classic record store department which closed a few years ago, so will be very difficult, or likely impossible :(
    any other suggestions?

5. Sunsales

Sunsales Forum Resident

I emailed them a picture of the disc while I was holding it against a background of the box set, and mentioned it was originally purchased through amazon.
    About 3-4 months later, i received the new disc.
    Hope that helps.

zphage and zinan like this.
  6. brfloydfan

brfloydfan Forum Resident

If you have their number or e-mail address, you can try get in contact, anyway... maybe someone will answer, who knows?
    Also, you could email Paul Loasby (Pink Floyd manager? I don't remember exactly). Someone posted his e-mail address on the forum, but I coudn't find it.

7. sparkmeister

sparkmeister Forum Resident

Like Sunsales, I sent them a photo of the disc and box, stating where I bought it back in 2011 or whenever it was. I received my replacement after chasing.

8. Try the picture of the box/disc. Explain situation to Andy who is the person on the other end and ask politely and I’m sure you’ll get sorted.

9. Raziel666

Raziel666 Forum Resident

Did anyone have any luck with WYWH BluRay? Someone said recently they'd try to contact the company, don't know if they had any luck with it...

Six Bachelors likes this.
  10. TomAxl

TomAxl Member

excellent thx a lot :)

11. TomAxl

TomAxl Member

ok great thx!

12. Cedric

Cedric Well-Known Member

I also contacted the email address [email protected] in December 2020 about a faulty DSOTM blu ray disk from the Immersion box set. I was not optimistic as I live in Australia and the set was purchased via Amazon UK in December 2012. I also believed the replacement programme had ended. As proof of purchase I provided a scanned copy of the original receipt from from Amazon UK plus a photo of the box set, showing the faulty disk. I got a nice reply from Andy in early January, saying that he would send me a replacement. I am sure he would have been happy with just the photo as proof of purchase. I received a replacement later in January, which plays perfectly, both the hi res audio and the video content. Fantastic that they are still replacing the faulty disks after such a long time. Great service from Andy.

JulesRules, zinan, Hattipper and 6 others like this.
  13. Hi Cedric,

I've also corresponded with Andy :) I've also shared a copy of the receipt from a US brick reatil store (FYE - For Your Entertainment) and a photo of the disc. I contacted them in late Nov 2020 and I got a reply in December but I had to send 4-5 follow-up emails (that is my only grief). I finally received my replacement blu ray disc in January and I am very happy with it. I live in the US and the disc works perfectly fine. Other than having had to send multiple follow-up emails, I think it is fantastic that they still have a disc replacement program. But then again, we are talking about the greatest rock album in history by the greatest rock band in history so it is only befitting that the faulty discs to be replaced as long as it is necessary.:)

JulesRules, zinan and Luisboa like this.
  14. Yankeefan01

Yankeefan01 Forum Resident

Just purchased this box on eBay and the Blu-ray doesn't work. Just sent an email to [email protected] and immediately got a canned response that a replacement disc will be on it's way as long as I provide proof of the box and a shipping address.
    Before I googled this issue I sent an eBay message to the seller requesting a refund as the set was opened but advertised as Mint condition. If a Blu-ray doesn't work, it ain't mint. His reply was a real work of art. He said I should read the description, questioned whether I know how to use a Blu-ray player and basically called me a thief saying I'm probably ripping the discs and now want a refund.
    Since I really want the set and I can play the dvd version of the 5.1 mix until I get the replacement I just gave him neutral feedback and let it go.

This is really a nice set.

15. Hi Yankeefan01,

As far as I know, the Blu-ray disc replacement program is still in effect. I have read on this forum that many fans received their replacement disc from acreate. I also received my replacement disc in mid January 2021. The canned response is their automated reply and you may have to email them a few times to follow up (that's what I had to do). But as long as you provide a copy of the receipt for the box set, you should be ok (although, one thing I don't know whether the receipt should show the item as "new" and not "used".). It is not clear to me if "advertised as mint condition" means "brand new" or "used but in mint condition". My advice is for you to provide the proof acreate is asking for and keep following up with them until you get a definitive response. Good luck!

sparkmeister likes this.
  16. jamesmaya

jamesmaya Senior Member

Is your Blu-ray the European pressing?

17. Yankeefan01

When I sent acreate an email I also attached a pic of the disc sitting on top of the box, hopefully that will be enough. I'll send a couple of follow up emails in about a week or two.

18. Yankeefan01

Yes, it is the European pressing.

19. JulesRules

JulesRules Weaponized, Deranged Warthog Thug

You should point him to this thread. It's entirely possible he knew nothing of it and hadn't tested the BD in a while. Unsuspecting music listeners don't really consider the option that a Blu-Ray just stops working at some point. I know I was dumbfounded when it happened to me!

Given that these discs break down without any influence, I don't think you would've had much basis demanding a refund.

boggs likes this.
  20. Yankeefan01

Jules,
    Judging by the autoreply to my email, he's aware of the Blu-ray issue and is responding to it. I plan on sending a follow up email in the next week as has been recommended above. Below is the autoreply I received .....
    Hi there,

Update: 25th February 2020

The email account is only for issues relating to The Dark Side of The

Moon Blu-ray contained within the Immersion Box Set, released in 2011.

We can confirm new stock is in transit and will send out replacement

Blu-ray's within the next 2 weeks.

Please provide evidence of proof of purchase and a post address.

Best,

aeCreate

boggs and Hattipper like this.
  21. JulesRules

JulesRules Weaponized, Deranged Warthog Thug

This is good. But I was referring to the person you got the set from. All these sets that are still in circulation are like a time bomb and I doubt too many buyers are even aware of the blu-ray issue. So this thing (someone inadvertently selling a set with a defective BD) is going to happen a lot of times in the future.

22. Yankeefan01

Not so sure if it was inadvertently because when I contacted him about the defective Blu-ray he responded with that the item was as-is, I don't understand how Blu-ray players work and I just wanted to copy the discs and then return them.
    This was an Ebay purchase that was a pretty good price and I was willing to do the legwork to get the Blu-ray replaced, I just didn't appreciate being called, basically, a stupid thief. The set also includes a dvd of the 5.1 and quad versions so I have something enjoy while I wait for the replacement Blu-ray.

23. Dear
    Ever heard the expressions; ‘choose your battles’, or ‘you get more bees with honey than vinegar’? I’d say both are applicable here.

Hattipper, zinan and Yankeefan01 like this.
  24. coffeetime

coffeetime Senior Member

Just emailed [email protected] with proof of purchase (new from Amazon UK) etc regarding my failed Dark Side Immersion BluRay. Thankfully I've taken a rip of the 5.1, Quad and hi-res stereo to .mkv files back when the disc was readable (ditto with the Wish Immersion BluRay).

Fingers crossed that it can be replaced, as I still adore the set and would like it 'feature complete'.

Might be worth checking my Early Years discs at some point too.

JulesRules likes this.
  25. Yankeefan01

Received an email that my replacement Blu-ray is on it's way!

I did send him a follow up email a week and a half later asking if he needed more info.

JulesRules and coffeetime like this.