Pink Floyd hi-rez 5.1 usb (experimental release)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by mark winstanley, Dec 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mark winstanley

mark winstanley Certified dinosaur, who likes physical product Thread Starter

2. Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne WYWH (1975-2025)

9. In the Flash

3. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Looks pretty much unauthorized to me. The card's artwork looks messed up and unprofessional.
    Also, nobody has hand on the Wall surround tracks except James Guthrie. Then the typo in the tracklist (In The Flash). I smell 'fake'.

[Edit:] Oh my god... "Pink Floyd Limited Addition High Definition Music Card Experimental Release".
    And the item is in Amazon's 'Movies' section. Should I laugh or what?

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
  4. PBo

PBo Forum Resident

The product description is super confusing and there is this weird disclaimer:

"Disclaimer: Experimental Releases of Major Artists Featuring on this page Produced For Market Research and Development only and Not Pretending to be a Finished Product, All rights are Assured in Proposed Limitations."

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
    Pete Puma and mark winstanley like this.
  5. Lots of prosaic copy in the product description. Just in case it all disappears into the bit-bucket at some point, I'll re-post it here (now) -- for posterity...

Product Description

Disclaimer: Experimental Releases of Major Artists Featuring on this page Produced For Market Research and Development only and Not Pretending to be a Finished Product, All rights are Assured in Proposed Limitations.

Review
    Tracks
    1. Hey You
    2. Shine On You Crazy Diamond
    3. Dogs
    4. Is There Anybody Out There?
    5. Time
    6. Wish you were here
    7. Comfortably Numb
    9. In the Flash
    10. Run Like Hell
    11. The Trial

Plays on all USB capable video playback devices (Audio Only):
    Blu-ray Players
    DVD players
    PC and Mac Computers (software included) Plays with 11.1 ; 7.1 ; 5.1 surround sound configurations to enjoy your home theater As well as 2.0 speakers and headphones respectfully.

Pink Floyd Limited Addition High Definition Music Card Experimental Release Featuring:
    1. 11.1 DTS-X Object Surround Mixes, 7.1 and 5.1 Configuration Comparable.
    2. Stereo FLAC 24bit 192Khz Resolution
    3. Biography Videos
    4. Stage Images
    5. Playback Software for Surround Sound Files for Mac and PC.
    6. Support Links and Services
    7. Public Folder --Editorial

Alexander Golberg Jero releasing High Definition Music Card technology rights to Major Records Labels: Alexander Goldberg Jero is a name that has become synonymous with innovation in the music industry. He has spent much of his time focusing on how he can transform classical music that people have grown to love into a magical experience that they ll never forget. Innovation is his main focus, always looking for new ways to shake up and improve the way the music industry does things. Taking what he has learned from perfecting the technique of surround sound music, he has been an instrumental force behind the brand new High Definition Music Card. This new technology promises to change the way that we listen to music, when you re home or on the go. Jero understands the music is an ever-changing industry that needs to keep up with the evolving technology. His new offering, the High Definition Music Card is exactly the change that music lovers need. Digital media is a popular trend right now and that does not seem to be going away. One reason for this is because it offers such a higher quality of music especially when compared to cassettes or CDs. The High Definition Music Card is the next big thing, taking advantage of the USB industry that is anticipated to get a $2.5 billion growth for MediaInVisionPLC over the next 10 years. The High Definition Music Card can not only hold a vast amount of music on it, it allows music lovers to listen to a music quality that will blow them away. The High Definition Music Card offers playability on a wide range of devices including laptops, desktops, and Blu-Ray players. The surround quality music that comes from this product offers listeners a completely immersive experience that transforms the way they appreciate music. This makes music affordable and much easier to enjoy wherever you are. This is a product that will change everything about the music experience, allowing you to enjoy music wherever you are as if you were at a concert. Since its inception, a lot of progress has been made in bringing the High Definition Music Card to market. There have been excellent results in integrating High Definition Music Card technology as well as testing an adaptation of this technology on the consumer market. Thanks to the amazing support of Amazon, working prototypes were placed on product pages. This allowed the team at MediaInVision to receive necessary feedback in order to improve the product for the future. An extensive marketing campaign was conducted with the purpose of raising customer awareness of this product. The marketing efforts were also used to make everyone aware of the features of the product so they can see just why they need the High Definition Music Card in their lives.

Major Record Labels will benefit from releasing and distributing music titles from existing catalogues on High Definition Music Card on the global market as well as to promote new and upcoming artists utilizing this groundbreaking High Definition Music Technology.

MediaInVision PLC will be providing music and content preparation for High Definition Music Card releases as well as to assist in future business development and marketing of this format. Currently the marketing efforts and research in place by MediaInVision PLC to ensure success of these new releases.

The music industry has seen its challenges over the years, but through innovation and creativity on the part of businesses, there has been a recent surge. Understanding that people want affordable and convenient ways to listen to their favorite music (or discover new music). This is why streaming music appeals to a majority of people. Offering services like MediaInVision is one way to tap into this ever-growing and changing industry of digital music. --Editorial​

Jarleboy and mark winstanley like this.
  6. mark winstanley likes this.
  7. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

I don't really understand a "music card" unless they're selling 5.1 music as downloads, which would be amazing, but....why would I need a card for that?

mark winstanley likes this.
  8. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

There's a livestream for those 'HD music card' reviews on YouTube, coming in December 30:

9. mark winstanley

Like I say, not sure if it's Kosher, but it was interesting to see it there.

Please don't think I was saying it is something great

klockwerk likes this.
  10. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

11. Audiowannabee

Audiowannabee Forum Resident

This looks like the beginning of the end for physical media. The pay to play

You'll need INTERNET you'll need tidal or whatever subscription fee...then on top of that you'll need a per album music card file....
    Me refuse to participate
    **** this:cry: :thumbsdow :tsk:

klockwerk likes this.
  12. mark winstanley

I don't think this has anything to do with physical media, it in itself would technically be physical media.
    I was more interested in whether any of our resident thread wanderers knew whether this is something real. or a scam.
    Physical media will be around for a good while yet

13. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

The first part is fine with me. It's the card thing that is confusing.

But then again, this is a "hypothetical product" that has little chance of being brought to market and less chance of succeeding, to be filed next to digital compact cassettes and slotMusic in the recycle bin of the music industry's bad ideas. So let's settle down.

14. onlyconnect

onlyconnect The prose and the passion

Hot air.

Tim

15. mark winstanley

16. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

Google the guy's name for a laugh. If you're a celebrity, business person or political figure, he's ready to help protect your good name, or something.

klockwerk likes this.
  17. dartira

dartira rise and shine like a far out superstar

Sounds to me like a guy who processed a few tracks with some sort of 2.0 to 5.1 (or more) algorithm, like TC Electronics Unwrap, and wants to make some money.
    Can’t be legit.

marcb and Plan9 like this.
  18. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

The question is, does he actually have permission of the artists and estates to release their works in that 'format'?
    I doubt the (ex)Floyd members or the MJ Estate would be really up for that.

19. mark winstanley

That is the main thing that struck me as odd. The band themselves can't seem to agree on what to release and all of a sudden there is this usb with songs the band hasn't released yet.

My understanding is there are some connected people on this forum, perhaps they can shoot this down, or confirm it is a licensed legit operation

Audiowannabee likes this.
  20. Audiowannabee

Audiowannabee Forum Resident

Now wondering if this is for streaming or are they selling music files on a usb drive???
    Questions and lots of them

Stay tuned folks

21. mark winstanley

If it is legit, they are selling music files on usb sticks and suggesting it is the future of music.

klockwerk likes this.
  22. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Okay, think I still don't get. Is it USB sticks? Blu-rays? Or cards for activating something? Confusing as hell...
    I hope that around late December (when the livestream is on) it turns out it was a joke after all.

Jarleboy and mark winstanley like this.
  23. LennonCobain

LennonCobain Forum Resident

I think it is a card that has a small USB connection that flips out to insert in a computer.

24. impalaboy

impalaboy Forum Resident

In addition to "Plays on all USB capable video playback devices", the Product details clearly states:
    Number of discs: 1
    DVD Release Date: ...

Oh, it's also listed as a Blu-ray.

And if that's not enough, it lists Pink Floyd as an actor.

All this for $79? I'm in!

:laughup:

25. HiResGeek

HiResGeek Seer of visions

I wouldn't stick that USB into my computer if you paid me $79. I'll wait for the Animals Immersion box to complement the DSOTM/WYWH boxes I already own, thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.