Pink Floyd hi-rez 5.1 usb (experimental release)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by mark winstanley, Dec 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This is my take as well. Caveat Emptor.

dartira and Audiowannabee like this.
  2. mark winstanley

mark winstanley Certified dinosaur, who likes physical product Thread Starter

well sadly it seems we aren't getting an immersion box, but yes, I will be waiting for the sacd

3. HiResGeek

HiResGeek Seer of visions

Is that a new development? Last I had read on this forum, it was in the works.

:confused:

4. mark winstanley

mark winstanley Certified dinosaur, who likes physical product Thread Starter

I'll go double check but my last read was they said they had nothing to put in it and the sacd will be out in 2019

klockwerk likes this.
  5. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

There won't come an Immersion box set because lack of bonus material. Though there's the stuff from the Extraction Tapes bootleg, but they probably don't consider using it.

6. privit1

privit1 Senior Member

Alex is a well know upmixer I would avoid pretty much gaurenteed to be rubbish

JonUrban likes this.
  7. Audiowannabee

Audiowannabee Forum Resident

I have NO intention of spending another dime on adding more speakers to my system for Atmos listening to music.
    Besides ive no more room.

I also refuse to drop $100 month for internet to play or stream. That adds up to $1200 per year....thats a hell of a lot of cash that i could spend on sacd dvda bluray audio and equipment to play them on. Three years your talking 4k.
    Nope not doing it.

And the bills NEVER end they just keep coming and coming forever

Ill be spinning discs and buying players till i die
    Oh and theres that lovely redbox machine down the road...rentals for new movies for a whole whooping $1-2 a nite.

Yep i can get quite a lot for NOT supporting spectrum w that $100 mth

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
  8. Galactus2

Galactus2 Forum Resident

“All your bases are belong to us!”

drum_cas and impalaboy like this.
  9. J_D__

J_D__ Senior Member

$79 is rediculous!

10. Audiowannabee

Fyi there are talks about this guy on the QQ site also. Seems he tried this or something similar going way back to the year 2011 without success.

11. Synthfreek

Synthfreek I’m a ray of sunshine & bastion of positivity

Are you posting in the correct thread?

12. Audiowannabee

Yeah i think so...as this guy seems to think usb will be taking over the place of shiney discs...connecting online for your music or enertainment and streaming connections. A bunch of BS with his plans for a digital card. Not to mention trying to sell UNLICENSED and fake surround music.

It all seems to scream WARNING WARNING WILL ROBINSON to me

klockwerk likes this.
  13. AGJ

AGJ Member

Hi Friends,
    Just found this thread on google and decided to drop couple of words here
    This are my babies you talking about:).

First of all would like to let you know that this is a long term development and your negative comments on this stage are even more productive then positive.
    But I was suddenly surprised that after all our descriptions you was under impression that is has smth to do with downloads, so it is defiantly NOT.

1. The card is actually a Blu-ray Audio on USB Drive but of course with extended capabilities to PC, Mac Computers and even Car Audio.

2. About obtaining the music rights it is actually not that difficult, Sony Music has a Licensing server where anybody can get Log In and Password, listen to tracks and request pretty match anything from Sony Music Catalog for licensing, so any of you can do it and make your own privet release.

3. My favorite part about the mix, of course for our Experimental series of releases we could not get multitrack studio tapes. But using the capabilities of our Audio Reconstruction Software we ware able to separate vocals and even several other elements like instruments and drums and intelligently bring them into the mix, so you will be getting the Real 3D Object Surround Audio Experience that you are looking for to hear.

Just want to understate one more time that this is Long Term Development and we are not trying just to sell a few cards with popular artists now available on Amazon, this is just Work in Progress. And like I mention your negative comments are also welcome along with positive ones.
    Unfortunate I can not fully participate into discussion but if you have any questions or comments please write to our email [email protected], we are looking forward to it.

Thank you Very Match

Alexander

14. sonnyrock

sonnyrock Forum Resident

Don't you also need to secure permission from the music publishers? Further, isn't Sony's license restricted to using the music as something ancillary to a project which must have some sort of visual component?

klockwerk, marcb and numer9 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.