Pink Floyd Immersion Sets- why so expensive

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Jam757, Jan 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psychedelic Good Trip

Psychedelic Good Trip Beautiful Psychedelic Colors Everywhere

No I just kept it in the box unused.

2. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

I used to wear the Dark Side scarf. Really nice design. The other two are still inside the boxes.

quicksrt likes this.
  3. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

I had not compared it to Immersion.

So everything except surround content (Quad & 5.1) is included. All CD, no DVD no BluRay.

This is great for the person who does not do and will never do high-res or surround!!!

4. Sytze

Sytze Senior Member

Exactly. Like me, I don't care too much for it, just prefer unreleased music. Still, the WYWH Immersion remains a nice "objet d'art"...

5. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

I have a rip of the files, but I want the "objet d'art" damn it!

6. tlake6659

tlake6659 Senior Member

If someone is interested in just purchasing the CD remaster and the DVDs from each set, PM me. That way you can get the stereo remaster and the surround content.

Bill Mac likes this.
  7. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

Ted,

That's a very nice offer! If I didn't own the DSOTM and WYWH Immersions sets I'd be all over it!

8. paustin0816

paustin0816 Forum Resident

They are not looking to reissue ****. At best if they decide they are selling so much that they need to get a piece of it, they will find a few more tracks, tack them on and release a new set hoping everyone will have to double dip. Pink Floyds popularity is going nowhere, this is nothing they need to rush to cash in on....they can play the long game.

St. Troy and zinan like this.
  9. Jam757

Jam757 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Just to follow up that I absolutely love the Dark Side Immersion set and am very glad I picked it up. The booklets are excellent and I love the last CD of the early mix and additional bonus tracks. The main reason I love it is the 5.1 mix and the incredible quad mix. WOW!! This is my first introduction to this world and now I definitely want to expand my SACD library. I can't wait to hear Wish You Were Here in 5.1 as well. Unfortunately a few of the CD's and DVD got scratched up during shipping due to the dumb box design but I'm definitely happy I picked it up.

10. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

If you plan on expanding your SACD and multichannel audio library you better hold on to your wallet :help:! I had the same mindset about 10 years ago and it's been an expensive ride! But in all honesty it's been well worth it :winkgrin:!

11. Jam757

Thanks, I was noticing that and slightly concerned ! I think my main goal would be to just get some classics and really well done ones. I already gave a massive vinyl collection but the SACD and blu ray audio formats are exciting. I’m thinking about some Miles Davis, Hendrix, and Bob Dylan just to name a few.

12. cwitt1980

cwitt1980 Senior Member

I didn't realize we could say 'pissed' multiple times on this forum. Good to hear!

St. Troy, andrewskyDE and Jam757 like this.
  13. Jam757

Well, $182 (includes shipping) for a NM Division Bell Box set! What’s done is done! o_O:help: I figured the ridiculous prices for the stand alone DVD didn’t make sense so why not go for the whole set. The power of 5.1 blu ray audio!

kenanna, Bill Mac and Jerry Horne like this.
  14. Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne WYWH (1975-2025)

I love the Division Bell box set, despite the baffling lack of music videos on it.

Jam757 likes this.
  15. Jam757

Any difference in the “remastered” CD or is it about identical?

16. posnera

posnera Forum Resident

I picked up the DSOTM set a few years ago when I found it on sale for $35 from Deep Discount. Still waiting for a similar deal on the others.
    I don't see these ever being reprinted. The only possibility in my mind woukd be a reissue if an Animals box is released, but I doubt it.
    More likely would be a new product entirely in a few years. Add a few more outtakes and a new set of trinkets.

St. Troy and Jam757 like this.
  17. Jam757

Yeah, I mean for the fans they should release stand alone blu rays sets of all the albums but once record companies are involved is all about profit. I’m still surprised given the demand they were so limited in numbers. They’re not making any extra money when fans such as myself pay massive amounts for used sets. I just couldn’t see waiting patiently for the blu ray audio to eventually be released.

18. 24voltsdc

24voltsdc Forum Resident

Exactly. It's not like people are buying tons of records and CD's anymore. Except people like us! :D

uzn007 and Jam757 like this.
  19. Jam757

I never stopped.

24voltsdc likes this.
  20. JohnCarter17

JohnCarter17 Forum Resident

I just pulled the trigger on DSOTM and WYWH Immersion sets from Amazon.ca. $217 shipped for both to the US.

Jam757, formu_la and Christopher B like this.
  21. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

I have The Dark Side of the Moon scarf draped over a floor standing speaker.

coffeetime and chrischerm like this.
  22. Sex Lies And Master Tapes

Sex Lies And Master Tapes Gaulois réfractaire

:tsk:

23. Jam757

I love Pro’s and Cons but could never get into Amused To Death no matter how hard I tried. I find it to be a weak album and not the masterpiece people rave about. I would consider myself firmly in the Gilmour camp. I do like the live offering by Waters that has Dogs on it and some other nice versions although the female backing singers ruin parts of the songs. For post breakup material I think Gilmour dies a much better job. I also have the Wall live and enjoy that one as well.

St. Troy likes this.
  24. Jam757

Listened to WYWH in 5.1 last night and completely blown away!

St. Troy and coffeetime like this.
  25. Sex Lies And Master Tapes

Sex Lies And Master Tapes Gaulois réfractaire

It's the other way around for me.
    ATD may be not the masterpiece people rave about but i would definitely not call it a weak album...
    Regarding Gilmour's post breakup achievement, the songs and the playing have not improved to say the least.
    And giving the wife the lyrics job didn't help...
    His main strengths were 1 the guitar and 2 the voice and i do think he went downhill since.
    Come on, listen to Faces Of Stone or Any Tongue... :rolleyes:
    There's nothing there, i'm still looking for the melodies and the solos are desperately tryin' to catch something lost a long time ago.
    I think his first album is still the best one, and more than that, the more honest one.
    And regarding post Waters PF, i know i'll make eyes roll but i do consider AMLOR their best.

JohnCarter17 and Sytze like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.