Pink Floyd live at Pompeii release date

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Tyler, May 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tyler

Tyler Senior Member Thread Starter

2. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

Cool site, thanks Pretzel. While I was there, I signed the "release THE WALL concert footage" petition. Do any of those things ever work? Fingers crossed.

3. lsupro

lsupro King of Ignorers

Neat... thanks!

4. jdw

jdw Senior Member

The Live At Pompeii DVD has been listed as a region 2 disc in several of the press releases I've seen this Spring. The region 1 version is usually described as "upcoming".

So we'll have to see if the delayed date of 10/23 means a global release...

5. Beatlelennon65

Beatlelennon65 Active Member

I will be buying this one, WHENEVER it comes out. sigh

6. Audio72

Audio72 Senior Member

David Gilmour on Pompeii

LIVE AT POMPEII
    DIRECTORS CUT
    DVD RELEASE UPDATE.

_____The DVD version of Live at Pompeii The Directors Cut, has had its release moved to 20th October 2003. David Gilmour recently said in Record Collector, "Pompeii is not owned by us, we have no control over it, but it's being turned into a new groovier version. Adrian Maben, the director said he'd find lots of extra footage, but he's lost it! So he's making up footage of ludicrous architechtural designs of what Pompeii might have looked like. Just stick with the original! The new form is not approved by me. There is lots of stuff we'd love to get our hands on, sitting somewhere in a vault. We shot the original in Italy, did cutaway shots and sound mixing in France and then did the extra shooting while we were at Abbey Rd - and the company that originally made it was German. No one has an idea where the f@%k it is!

7. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

I'd like to see just ONCE a company NOT controlled by the artist to do well by the project originally intended. WHY oh why does someone have to just mess with things....

8. Cliff

Cliff Magic Carpet Man

Same here. Come on already!

9. lsupro

lsupro King of Ignorers

amen!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.