Pink Floyd new song - “Hey Hey Rise Up”*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Alan Driscoll, Apr 7, 2022.

1. Johnny Feathers

Johnny Feathers Forum Resident

This. And it would have helped to bolster a set that was lacking much in the way of "new" tracks--only about a half of a disc had any material that wasn't remixed or live. (Not sure many versions of Run Like Hell you need from the 1988 - 1990 period, but you have three renditions on audio and a fourth on video to choose from.)

Sytze likes this.
  2. Felix Atagong

Felix Atagong Forum Resident

I think because Carrera was his and Steve O Rourke's project, they were both racers.

Buran1988 and Bilbo Swaggins like this.
  3. Sytze

Sytze Senior Member

Amen to that. And for me personally, I don't need ANY live rendition of 'Run Like Hell' played outside the Wall context. Love the studio version but the Gilmour-led live renditions are - to me - irritating.

4. Azza200

Azza200 Forum Resident

He did some epic guitar intros for RLH during 1994 IMO and some good ones during the 87-89 tour. I like the Knebworth 90 intro the guitar tone for RLH during 87-90 was so good

5. Buran1988

Buran1988 Forum Resident

Yes, it was their project. Besides, Gilmour crashed his car early, so he's seldom featured in the video. Also the scenes at the Mexican restaurant are fake: they were shot in London.

Anyway, I'm not afraid to say that I like Pan Am shuffle.

GoodKitty likes this.
  6. Felix Atagong

Felix Atagong Forum Resident

David Gilmour indeed comes out like a (very) bad or unlucky driver and probably doesn't want to be remembered. He could've killed Pink Floyd that day. They were extremely lucky. But still, these are (mostly mediocre) Pink Floyd recordings and as such could've been added to a bonus disk on Later Years.

D-rock likes this.
  7. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

Why on Earth would Gilmour want anything that he feels is mediocre (or embarassing) material representing the later stages of his career especially during a time period he'd rather forget?

DementedAvenger, fluxkit and Deek57 like this.
  8. Johnny Feathers

Johnny Feathers Forum Resident

I can't speak to the period being a time he'd want to forget, but I think the nature of those recordings being works that saw the release, even if just on home video, and their status as being the first Pink Floyd material to originate with Wright's participation, make them interesting as historical artifacts. Truth is, they've released plenty of mediocre stuff in those box sets already--the Latham sessions are certainly an acquired taste, and the session takes in the Later Years are pretty mediocre, too. Are these any worse?

9. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

Regardless, its Gilmour's decision on what represents this stage of Pink Floyd's career. The recordings are still out there for historical reference and easily accessible. It's also easier to forgive what one may consider embarrassing material at the start of one's career than at the end.

coffeetime likes this.
  10. Sytze

Sytze Senior Member

Is that why 'Peace Be With You' was also veto'd?

11. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

While we have the evidence clearly identifying why LCP would be embarrassing, I don't think that we can arrive at the same conclusion w/o ever having heard Peace Be With You.

fluxkit likes this.
  12. Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne WYWH (1975-2025)

Japanese 7" clear vinyl and cd single just arrived:

[​IMG]

13. mooncusser2k

mooncusser2k "Oink, Oink, Woof, Woof, Baaaaa."

Mine just arrived today :)

ropiyas, StormCloud, D-rock and 3 others like this.
  14. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

Mine too!

15. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

16. ropiyas

ropiyas Forum Resident

Sure
    Sure miss seeing that red guitar. For some reason -in his last tours- he would do the soundcheck with it but inevitable end up doing the actual show with either the black one or the Tele.

17. Anthrax

Anthrax Forum Resident

How ironic.

18. Chemically altered

Chemically altered Forum Resident

Me too!

ropiyas and DementedAvenger like this.
  19. Max Florian

Max Florian Forum Resident

Nice De André quote buried in there ; )