Pink Floyd - PULSE rereleased on vinyl - official

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by mestreech, Mar 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Totti is god

Totti is god Forum Resident

Lp’s sounds great. I have original cd pulse and i compared to new lp’s. To my ears sound of lp’s is 5% better or maybe = cd sound

But i prefer this lp box set overall. Imho

Szeppelin75 likes this.
  2. Jam757

Jam757 Forum Resident

I've listened to discs 2 and 4 and will listen to 1 and 3 today. It sounds fantastic to my ears and a marked improvement over the original CD's. Really I never used to play this set a lot because the CD's didn't sound great and the DVD although sounding nice has such poor picture quality it was sort of a turn off. Now having this on vinyl will allow me to finally really appreciate this set.

3. brfloydfan

brfloydfan Forum Resident

... and the jewel case CD edition, released only in the EU.

4. Totti is god

Totti is god Forum Resident

I must correct this lp’s sounds 20% better then original eu cd. Original eu cd is 10/10 cd for Pink Floyd ,and 20% improvement is significant. I adore this box set, and I don’t look book and & yet. I have now original cd, original dvd, and this reissue lp’s. I’m happy like pig in the mud. Hahahah , and I have now all Pink Floyd on cd, dvd,Lp, and DG all

I’m home alone all day, and livi on the beach, cold wine, cigar from Cuba , PF, now BOWIE live 78 London, and AM silver Lp, new Lp

Dbstay, sonofjim, Hattipper and 4 others like this.
  5. Arnold_Layne

Arnold_Layne Forum Resident

and the vhs and the vcd

6. HankM

HankM Senior Member

Just placed my order with Sound Stage Direct, now I'll patiently wait for arrival.

ssmith3046 likes this.
  7. filson9

filson9 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I am trying to get together all of the Pulse formats ever made for quite a while now.
    I already have:
    -Original 1995 LP
    -Laserdisc
    -VHS
    -2006 first release DVD
    -original 1995 CD.

This week I ordered the double Cassette (w soundscape), and finally found and ordered the double minidisc.

I think the only thing missing now is the vcd, but it won't be nearly as hard to find as the MD.

I am very curious to know how the 2018 LP sounds, but it's not being sold officially in Brazil, so I will have to find a way to get it.

PyroMessiah, Dbstay and Szeppelin75 like this.
  8. sully12

sully12 Forum Resident

In college, I bought the CD set when it came out with the cool blinking red light. It was actually my first Pink Floyd purchase and it really is what turned me on to becoming a fan albeit wayyyy late. I’ve been wanting to get this album on vinyl for years, so glad it was finally reissued and I didn’t have to pay the $300+ prices for an original 1995 box set. So far I’ve listened to first 2 discs and they are flawless, after a proper cleaning of course. It is a beauty of a box set.

9. The Revealer

The Revealer Forum Status: Paused Indefinitely

After cancelling at SSD, and switching to Amazon (plus choosing free shipping), I totally lucked out and got mine on Friday afternoon. Just enough time to clean it and listen to a side before heading out for the evening. Now I've taken in over half of it, and I am quite impressed by the overall stereo image and the rich, live sound.

I'm so glad I freaked out over this and finally made the right decision to switch to Amazon (I'm near two fulfillment centers, so I thought I might get lucky with delivery.) I admit, my interest was more FOMO than anything at first. Yet, I am completely taken with the sound and am loving every side! Finally getting the low frequency separation I want to hear out of Learning to Fly live!

JNTEX and Jam757 like this.
  10. Echoes Myron

Echoes Myron Forum Resident

I am very impressed with the sound quality.

Jam757 likes this.
  11. Norco74

Norco74 For the good and the not so good…

Surprisngly no one mentioned 8 tracks yet. Here you go!:D

12. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

Mine was just delivered a bit ago. I haven't listened to it yet but the packaging is very nice. I think you'll be happy.

The Revealer, HankM and myles like this.
  13. Jam757

Jam757 Forum Resident

Finishing up the last side of record one right now. I've listened to the entire set. Super quiet vinyl throughout, and very impressed with the sound. Bass and drums seem to translate better. I had one disc with a very minor edge warp but I did bake it this morning which should hopefully take care of it. Outstanding set, very happy to own it!

The Revealer likes this.
  14. Jam757

Jam757 Forum Resident

Learning To Fly is absolutely stunning and incredible on this. Wow!

Echoes Myron, Drew769, myles and 2 others like this.
  15. Onrd

Onrd I am not a number

Just finished listening to my copy. The clarity of the guitar is outstanding. The sound is extremely three dimensional - could be the Q sound.
    I was never a fan of this album on CD - thought it sounded pretty lifeless. This new vinyl runs rings around the CD. I'm very impressed with how quiet the records are.
    It's great to see the album graphics at a decent size. I'm now a fan!

Jam757, Echoes Myron, Drew769 and 4 others like this.
  16. Norco74

I have just put a fresh new set of AA batteries in the 90’s CD set of Pulse. Getting ready to listen to the vinyl set tomorrow. :agree:

Echoes Myron likes this.
  17. Norco74

Nope.

18. Drew769

Drew769 Buyer of s*** I never knew I lacked

Bought on Amazon...I think with best price guaranty I ended up paying $80 shopped. Packaging was perfect and bombproof.

I agree with the others on this thread - the hard sleeve and book are really printed beautifully. The pressings are quiet and they sound amazing. The bass information brought me back in time to their stadium shows...Learning To Fly was explosive at Giants Stadium, and they captured the magic in this recording.

Only complaint is on the record sleeves themselves. These are beautiful slabs of vinyl..,would it kill them to ship them in poly sleeves instead of cardboard? I’ll re-sleeve them in Mofis.

Pink Floyd’s reissues continue to impress!

19. dkurtis

dkurtis sonoftheFather

:yikes: :faint:

latheofheaven likes this.
  20. Jam757

Jam757 Forum Resident

Baked with the vinyl flat in the pouch, don't worry not the oven!

21. Jack

Jack Senior Member

Got to it yet?

22. ssmith3046

I've made progress. I took the pastic wrap off. :)

latheofheaven and Hattipper like this.
  23. ssmith3046

Clean records right out the box and the set sounds excellent IMO.

latheofheaven likes this.
  24. skinnyev

skinnyev Forum Resident

I bought this set yesterday and listened to the first 2 lp's today, really clear sound and mix, I'm very happy so far. I bought this on the double cassette back in the day and my crappy tape deck ate the DSOTM tape, really broke my heart. So, I'm very happy to have this again, the packaging is really nice, the book is nice, but I would have preferred a cheaper edition without the book, but it is what it is. Great release, any fans of this set who are holding out should pick it up.

dkurtis likes this.
  25. dkurtis

dkurtis sonoftheFather

You are now committed and there is no turning back.

theshape likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.