Pink Floyd RSD 2018 (mono Piper)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by rontoon, Mar 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fa La La

Fa La La Well-Known Member

2. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Geezus! Well, let's hope for that. Exciting times!!

3Dman and dkmonroe like this.
  3. jimhb

jimhb Forum Resident

4. jazon

jazon A fight between the blue you once knew

oh damn..i gotta get this! Not sure how though.

5. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

6. asdf35

asdf35 Forum Resident

That last track is the most interesting. Doesn't this confirm they still have early sessions?

I'm going to take all this as a good sign for future Syd-era releases.

andrewskyDE likes this.
  7. Fa La La

Bullmoose tracklist looks like a CD tracklist but it says LP. Could it be the vinyl is standard tracklist but the bonus tracks are a download?

parman likes this.
  8. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

pinkrudy, troggy and Szeppelin75 like this.
  9. hallucalation

hallucalation Forum Resident

Most likely this is Let's Roll Another One from bootlegs with alternate lyrics from acetate. There's no alternate mixes in the vault for that song, as far as i am aware. @Chris M ?

asdf35 likes this.
  10. aphexj

aphexj Sound mind & body

Would be nice if they had included the "Emily" acetate mix as well

11. It’s a separate second disc.

Hattipper, johnnybrum and andrewskyDE like this.
  12. lucan_g

lucan_g Forum Resident

How am I going to secure this in Canada...thus is getting more and more interesting...

13. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

That's what I was thinking just a second ago! Maybe a gatefold sleeve included.

14. Paully

Paully De gustibus non est disputandum

I am no expert but so I am not talking completely out of turn I pulled out my UK copy from a Nice Pair and am listening to it now. It sounds really good for sound quality overall. Quite good actually. A little odd panning with the organ in the right speaker or a guitar in the left here and there which the new mono would obviously fix and it can be a bit distracting. The back and forth between the speakers at other points, on the other hand, sounds kind of cool and psychedelic which would be missing. I think I had a U.S. copy of a Nice Pair some time ago and didn't like it if I am remembering correctly but I just can't be sure. Seems like I was listening to it and thought it sounded awful so that started the research where people said the UK Nice Pair was much better and a decent value proposition compared to what was available at the time. Anywway this sounds perfectly fine to me.

fretlessrich likes this.
  15. hallucalation

Incredibly lazy tracklist for second disc. Like they culled tracks from old bootlegs - singles, King Bee, Lucy Leave (this two tracks had only been available on boots before 2015 release) + Candy alternate mix.

There's some interesting and totally unheard rough mixes/outtakes in the vaults that they could had used. Instead See Emily Play and all this crap again.

goodiesguy, Chris M and Paully like this.
  16. fretlessrich

fretlessrich Forum Resident

Thank you for this post. UK a nice pair might be the last best option of an analog Piper for not-crazy money

ODShowtime and Paully like this.
  17. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Apart from the 7'' singles that were part of the Early Years box set all the singles material wasn't released on vinyl since many years.
    I'd say a re-compiled version of The Best Of Pink Floyd minus 'Scarecrow' and 'Chapter 24' on vinyl would've been better.
    Though I'm still excited about this RSD release.

rontoon and Colocally like this.
  18. n.phelge

n.phelge Forum Resident

My understanding is this UK version uses the stampers from the original individual pressings: Pink Floyd - A Nice Pair

I have one and prefer it to the reissue, but I will still get this mono version.

E.Baba, ODShowtime and Paully like this.
  19. Paully

Paully De gustibus non est disputandum

That's what I have. Do the later 1974 UK copies not use the original stampers?

20. hallucalation

King Bee & Lucy Leave was also released on Black Friday 2015. I'm not saying about main album, i'm saying about bonus selection. 80% of it was already released on vinyl in 2015-16

21. Fa La La

I remember years ago hearing there was a Why Pink Floyd? Immersion box planned for Piper. I was hoping all the real rarities would finally be released.

andrewskyDE likes this.
  22. Amnesiac

Amnesiac Forum Resident

Even though there's going to be a decent amount (6000) out there, I think that this might get expensive on the second hand market, so I'll be going to RSD just for this.

23. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Yes, but not everyone had the opportunity getting that material on vinyl. So, take it as a 'next chance'.

AZRunner likes this.
  24. asdf35

asdf35 Forum Resident

Hopefully the instrumental section is restored. Or this could be a whole new thing.

goodiesguy and andrewskyDE like this.
  25. Kevin j

Kevin j The 5th 99

Probably has a friend who runs a record store.

dkmonroe likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.