Pink Floyd The Early Years 1965-1972 -Anticip/ation

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by rontoon, Jul 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. floydfan2410

floydfan2410 Forum Resident

It has been confirmed that the KQED in indeed in perfect sync, so no worries :)

2. floydfan2410

Thanks for your review.
    Luckily we have all different oppinions :)

3. simond9x

simond9x Forum Resident

Well I saw them in November 1967 and the vocals were clearly audible so it wasn't always a problem.

zobalob, anth67, mastaflatch and 4 others like this.
  4. contort25

contort25 Member

Ordered from official pink Floyd store and they have packaged it perfectly. The original box is inside another box which has been padded out. Perfect condition and a reason I always order from official stores. Beatles, stones and bowie vinyl boxes all came with loads of foam and padding. Had a bad experience with Amazon so never again with expensive boxsets

5. mr.datsun

mr.datsun Incompletist

I too like the approach and sound of Beechwoods. And agree that along with Apples, V-man etc it points to a fresh, at times lighter, melodic and short song-based 2nd album. Would have been great. Luckily we can imagine.

6. ash1

ash1 Forum Resident

colour me jealous - any other memories from that - was it the Hendrix/Floyd/Move tour ? If so, upgrade my jealousy !

7. floydfan2410

I'm from 1981, so obviously I never had the chance of experiencing Syd's Floyd live, so it's a bit sad that there no known recordings with audible vocals (except for Mathilda Mother that is heard in the background of an interview, can't remember exactly what it is at the moment)
    But I'm really happy that they chose to include a complete concert even though Syd's vocals can hardly be heard. I'm sure it will give a much better picture of how it was to have been there. A 6-pack of beer might paint an even clearer picture :D (sadly I don't have easy access to weed)

andrewskyDE and PIGGIES like this.
  8. Mark R Jones

Mark R Jones Beatles fan from 10 years old

Bloody nora! I ordered mine on 29th July and Amazon still haven't charged me yet, let alone dispatched it! Grrrrr

9. PretzelLogic

PretzelLogic Feeling duped by MoFi? You probably deserve it.

On a tangent, my guess is that when the individual boxes are announced, we'll get a vinyl release of Crea/tion. And maybe a complete Wembley '74 LP set.

10. stepeanut

stepeanut The gloves are off

The mother lode has arrived!

[​IMG]

11. RiRiIII

RiRiIII Forum Resident

And their response:

"I would like to thank you for contacting us, my name is Sabrina and it's a pleasure for me to assist you.

Further to your e-mail, I would like to reassure you that we will send your item "The Early Years 1965-72" with his original protective package, as we received this from our supplier.

We take full ownership regarding the perfect conditions of the item upon delivery, and if your order is different, damaged or defective we will issue a replacement free of charge. Please note that if a replacement order wouldn't be feasible due to items availability, we would proceed with a refund."

12. the Deacon from Deetroit

the Deacon from Deetroit Active Member

Did you receive a shipping confirmation email prior? I ordered from them too, and I have not heard one word.

13. Flaming Torch

Flaming Torch Forum Resident

Go for it. I have not opened all the extra stuff yet but I watched through the black and white stills from the OBC sessions in France and they were excellent. I watched the Brighton dome film stuff and it really does show a band of just 4 blokes playing their music and songs. They probably would have over a dozen people on stage now to recreate it. The ballet stuff with the band above and behind is very funny. This box is going to take ages to get through as I have a whole load of other stuff to play as well.

Fungusmungus likes this.
  14. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

What I think:

No, nothing new. I love the song, but this has been included in lots of compilations, so I guess they could have chosen something else.

Yes, same as above.

I love both versions, this remix is great.

I prefer the original, but since that one has also been include a trillion times elsewhere, it's great to have a remix, even when I prefer the original one, warts and all.

Not a step back for me, both mixes are interesting. Just another song I love that was available elsewhere.

The sound is acceptable. But, if better sources appeared, the should offer some kind of free upgrade.

Agreed.

It's really nice pastoral-psychedelic song. Excellent sound.

It's an ad, I hope you were not expecting music composed exclusively for it!

Excellent sound, a revelation.

Idem.

I was not expecting such a great sound quality for this one. A pity is incomplete, I really like it.

Beautiful

I like these incidental pieces. Were they originally longer?

Really good mono recording. The performance is prime early Pink Floyd.

Rough (in a good way) and rocking version. The band manages to make up for the absence of the choir and brass section and take new aesthetic ways. It's so nice to hear a small audience in a Pink Floyd show!

Excellent extract of the proto-"Echoes". I listen to some tape damage here and there, but it was the only thing they were able to find from those sessions. Really nice, though.

I was not terribly impressed by the new mixes, but I might be in the future. Like I said before, when they include previously released material, it's nice to have it re-worked in some way, and remixes give us a new perspective on the songs we know by heart.

pablorkcz, anth67, Esperanzan and 6 others like this.
  15. Flaming Torch

Great avatar! I have to confess I often skip drums and space on my Dicks Picks cds. Back to the box which hopefully most will have for the weekend. No doubt there maybe some hidden stuff but it will take a while to get through all this. I am mainly playing the cds now to start with.

16. contort25

contort25 Member

I checked order status on official site by putting email and order number in and it said dispatched. Then parcelforce sent me email saying they had it with tracking number. I did next day delivery not standard

17. Flaming Torch

Outside of the extras in the package which I am yet to go through I would have preferred a King Crimson style 12 by 12 box which would easily hold the 27 discs. Cenobyte makes some good points in my view as the box really is very expensive. However my guess (and I get most things wrong) is that it will sell well though I doubt it will be a big collectable in future years with the material being released again in year by year form in 2017.

Runicen likes this.
  18. aakko

aakko Forum Resident

Please do an unboxing video on YouTube :D

Chellovek likes this.
  19. Flaming Torch

Yes some have a Pompeii cd and a OBC 2016 remix cd. The Pompeii is in the main box with the other cds, dvds and blu-ray. The OBC is in a card sleeve and is stored outside the main box.

20. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

I hope I get both, of course. But if I had to choose one to get lost in the long trip from USA to my country, I would be Obscured by Clouds. I love the album, don't get me wrong, but the Pompeii set in good sound quality is something I have wanted for years. But, once again: I hope I get both!

Rocker likes this.
  21. stepeanut

stepeanut The gloves are off

Nah. Not my style. I'm too picky over every little thing. The Floyd video alone would be about three hours long. Still going through all the bits and bobs of that set whilst listening to Dylan in Paris.

Besides, isn't the official Nick Mason unboxing event still available on YouTube?

andrewskyDE likes this.
  22. Nick Dunning

Nick Dunning Forum Resident

My box has arrived from Amazon, relatively undamaged - still it seems to have taken a knock to one corner.
    Packaging seems reasonable.

Opened first disc and immediately hit by two blaring errors - the photo session of the first photo was done privately and not at UFO, and the famous photo of Syd and Rick at Alexandra Palace is July 1967 ('Love In' festival), not the 14 Hour Technicolor Dream.

HOWEVER

The sound on the disc is incredible. 'Scream' is literally hair raising, quite frightening, and I've heard it thousands of times. Hearing it in this clarity is a revelation. This mix shows, obviously, that this song was recorded in the same way as 'Set The Controls' in that Syd and Rick are locked together on one track in the same manner as 'Set The Controls'.

Fungusmungus, anth67, Chris M and 4 others like this.
  23. saundr00

saundr00 Bobby

Hey folks. Didn't see this mentioned yet, but the 2 CD comp is available on HD Tracks in 96/24. :righton:

24. mark renard

mark renard Senior Member

Is the Pompeii bonus disk included no matter where you order it from. I may order direct via the Floyd site.

25. Ern

Ern Senior Member

Point Me at the Sky sounds much better than on the "Early Singles" compilation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.