Pink Floyd The Early Years 1965-1972 -Anticip/ation

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by rontoon, Jul 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnBR

JohnBR Forum Resident

Considering that the 15-disc set is currently labeled "Early Box," I think this listing is supposed to represent "Early Single Disc Edition" rather than "Early Singles." So it will probably include outtakes/rarities as well.

Laservampire likes this.
  2. Jose Jones

Jose Jones Outstanding Forum Member

What are the odds of Vegetable Man and Scream both being included on that disc?

I know, none. :(

3. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

[​IMG]
    This title fits in so well in this thread.

4. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac Thread Starter

I'd say 100% odds of being included.

Hattipper likes this.
  5. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac Thread Starter

How very clever of you but it's NOT a rumor. I'm expecting an official announcement to follow shortly.

Hattipper, benk, Jerry Horne and 2 others like this.
  6. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

Hey, it was just a joke. Prices and contents are, though, just rumors by now.

7. JohnBR

JohnBR Forum Resident

Some of the extra tracks in the Immersion sets were also included in the Experience sets, but not all of them. I don't believe the outtakes on disc 6 of the Dark Side of the Moon Immersion set have received an official release outside of that box, have they? Like others here, I'll be very disappointed if long-coveted tracks like Scream Thy Last Scream and Vegetable Man are exclusive to the big box.

8. Lownote30

Lownote30 Bass Clef Addict

The Amazon links no longer work, so who knows what's going on!

9. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

So then what happened to my pre-order!?!? Amazon stole my money!

:D

It will be relisted at $1,000!

10. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

Yes, lot of material is exclusive to the Immersion sets. I'm sure that if "Scream" or "Vegetable" were going to be available, they would be included in an affordable edition. After all, we all Floyd fans know those songs by heart!

11. Daniel Plainview

Forget the outrage over this box, you know what I'm mad about? That I bought all those "Discovery" discs just to have them reissue them under the Pink Floyd Records label with better spine text and cool-ass hype stickers. Every time I go to Walmart and see one for $10 I have to drag myself away. I didn't need these discs the first time, let alone a second time two years later because I want a freakin' sticker. But ooooh....when I see that sexy new "Relics" reissue in the cardboard sleeve the completest in me wants it.....he wants them all, lined up on his shelf in complete uniformity! Pink Floyd, we've never had any problems in the past, but now you've got a thing about making me your bitch and I don't like it! I don't like it one bit! LOUD NOISES!!!!!

12. JohnBR

JohnBR Forum Resident

I hope you're right. Considering the band's history of neglecting these tracks, I wouldn't be surprised if they keep them exclusive to the box, to limit their availability.

13. Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne WYWH (1975-2025)

Brain Damage is a little slow on this news.

14. Daniel Plainview

I want "Walk With My Sydney", dammit! "In The Beechwoods" too!

goodiesguy and hallucalation like this.
  15. marigoldilemma

marigoldilemma Forum Resident

Surely they wouldn't put Pompeii in this set...? That should be a standalone Blu-ray.

16. Daniel Plainview

That's understandable.

17. rarepinkfloyd

rarepinkfloyd New Member

A recent quote of Nick Mason who gives some clues on future releases ...

« I’m heading out of the country for a meeting with our manager about what we are doing with Pink floyd history. As a result of the Univesal purchasing EMI ans the monopolies commission requiring them to sell off some of the EMI catalog. The Pink Floyd catalogue was sold to Warner Brothers. So we have begun thinking about what we are going to do with Warner Brothers in terms of the back catalogue.
    We’re also been archiving most of the existing video and film stuff with Lana Topham who was the assistant producer with Storm Thorgerson. Lana has more of less archived all of the film and video and now we are working on ting to archive photographs. It’s something that the Beatles did very well with Apple and are still doing.
    Next year will be the 50th anniversary of Pink Floyd signing with EMI, so we intend to mark that with something big. We’re also begun work on something documenting the early years of the band; so for those and any similar projects, it’s invaluable to actually know what we’ve got and what is available. The interesting thing is that you don’t have to own it all, you just have to know where it is and if it’s available. Whatever we do next, particularly if it’s historical, it will hopefully include some of that material »
    « Interview with Nick Mason », iDrum Magazine, June 2016.

18. marigoldilemma

Where the heck is Chris M?

19. AWESOM-O

AWESOM-O Forum Resident

I’m hoping that for the $700 price tag, it comes signed by all of five of them, but instead (on par with Roger’s gimmick for The Wall super deluxe), they all sign each other’s name instead of their own…

All kidding aside, even though I already had a (much) lower price in my head before this speculative price, I am SUPER excited for this and am already trying to rationalize the purchase price.

Hattipper likes this.
  20. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

I'm sure those two songs do not mean happy memories for the band, and that might explained why they had been omitted for so many years.

MarkTheShark likes this.
  21. marigoldilemma

15 discs of music, especially if 4-5 of them are single 45s, wouldn't go for more than $400. IF, and that's a big IF, but IF several of these discs are unreleased videos of live performances and promo videos, the price could climb. $700 seems highly unlikely.

22. mr.datsun

mr.datsun Incompletist

Spin CDs on Twitter »

'Pink Floyd - the Early Years 1965-1972 (15cd box set) 11th Nov...'

I think the bitching is all a healthy part of the initial rumour circus. Of course PF could get on and announced it officially.

Esperanzan, rnranimal and cmi like this.
  23. Simon A

Simon A Arrr!

They will do so when they're good and ready. I think early September is a great time to start announcing such a release. Everyone's back from their vacation and are then looking forward to buying stuff for the Holidays. This means about five to six weeks of more speculations and ranting about the content and price. I love it! :D

willy likes this.
  24. qtrules

qtrules Forum Resident

FTFY :)

25. hallucalation

hallucalation Forum Resident

I think Early Years standalone CD is just repacking of Shine On bonus disc with all 1967-1968 singles + possibly few bonus tracks thrown in. Very nice alternative to big box - you will get remastered Arnold Layne & See Emily Play again.

...and then one day HOORAY..

Runicen likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.