Pink Floyd - The Early Years 1965-1972 Box Set - Realiz/ation (Content, tracks, etc. ONLY!)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by stereoptic, Nov 2, 2016.

1. surfling

surfling Forum Resident

rontoon likes this.
  2. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

Looks like they deleted the link, but seeing it was originally from 2009, guessing it was deleted awhile ago. Too bad it was not part of The Early Years Box Set(on the appropriate Individual Book Box Set).

3. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

All the producers of that box had to do wax ask.

4. Diego Lucas

Diego Lucas Forum Resident

I think that The Early Years 67-72 was the last thing of rarities of PF pre-Dark Side for a long time, hope that i´m wrong.

5. TheSeldomSeenKid

This would have been of great interest to me, as I have mentioned in the past that my Favorite Pink Floyd(having gotten into their Music around 2003-04) is the Live 4 Songs on 'Ummagumma', as I like that it represents all 5 Members, and although 'Echoes' is my favorite Song, outside of 'Animals' and 'WYWH'(the Album, but not the Song), I prefer their Space-Rock Music after Gilmour joined the band, along with some of Syd's Psychedelic-Rock Classics(Astronomy Domine & Interstellar Overdrive).

I love the Box Set(I only own the 6 Individual Sets) for having so many versions of those early Space-Rock Songs. Similarly, I would love someday to have 8-10 versions(Live & Alternative Takes) of Radiohead's 'Paranoid Android', but since we did not get them in the 20th Anniversary Deluxe Box Set, not sure if it will ever happen.

JeffMo likes this.
  6. anth67

anth67 Purveyor of Hogwash

Probably aren't, alas. But we can still daydream about Return of the Son of Early Years.

7. TheSeldomSeenKid

I do not think anyone will be around to do the work to seek and put out any other missed Songs from the EY Box Set. The actual Band Members(well at least Gilmour and Waters did not even seem much interested in the EY Box Set, and was mostly Mason, who helped out if I understand correctly, but all 3 of them are in the 16th-18th Holes of their Life, so doubt they want to spend their remaining years digging up anymore Songs from that time period).

Not sure on the ages of the other People, who helped put together The Early Years Box Set, but just assumed that they are also older. No idea if Gilmour's Kids will have any interest to get involved in the future. No idea if Waters or Mason have Kids of their own, who also might do further exploration of Music that never got released.

I think at this point, we will get a Deluxe Set for 'Animals' with 5.1 option and one of the Concerts from the Tour, and that will be it for unreleased Music from Pink Floyd. Maybe, they will also release a similar Deluxe Set for 'Meddle' with a Concert from that time period along with a 5.1 Disc(for those of us, who did not have access to the files from the Large Box Set, and only bought the Individual Box Sets when the 5.1 Files were removed).

8. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

If there's something unreleased that they can sell they will. There will always be something to sell.

9. brfloydfan

brfloydfan Forum Resident

The Wall live '80/'81 dvd, please...

Meng likes this.
  10. Tony Dogs

Tony Dogs Forum Resident

I doubt Waters has anything to do with Pink Floyd anymore. I believe Mason and Gilmour are in charge now.

11. FredHubbard

FredHubbard Forum Resident

'Careful With These Tracks' is available elsewhere for those interested ...

revolution_vanderbilt likes this.
  12. Saul Pimon

Saul Pimon Co-hosts Nothing Is Real Beatles Podcast (Jason!)

As I understand it, Mason & Gilmour are an entity called Pink Floyd (1987) which has the rights to the name, so they can do The Endless River without Rog’s input or say-so. Roger still has a say over what gets released with him on it, and in the late-80s divorce, he got certain rights and controls of The Wall. The first official thing Roger was involved with with Pink Floyd after his split was the 2000 release of Is There Anybody Out There?, and I recall at the time that he was pretty disparaging about getting involved again. Following that, Roger had a say in the track-listing for Echoes and since Live 8 in 2005 he’s been much more involved and predisposed to Floyd activity. I’m not sure how the recent entity that is Pink Floyd Records is split up between the four of them and others, but Rog’s management is mentioned clearly in the credits of The Early Years. Maybe more knowledgeable heads here could give more information.

13. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Is that boot available only in lossy quality? I saw FLACs but descriptions always say 'sorry they are not lossless'.

14. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

This pretty much sums it up.

15. Mrmojo

Mrmojo Forum Resident

Works was released against the bands wishes and included Embryo.

Works is now discontinued that’s why it’s on the earlys Years and not biding my time is on Relics you can still buy.

Zongadude likes this.
  16. surfling

surfling Forum Resident

as far as I know all versions come from the same lossy source unfortunately.
    they still sound pretty great though!

17. TheSeldomSeenKid

Well, he had some input on the Early Years Box Set as apparently he was the person who had the Meddle 5.1 removed(although someone initially left the file in the original box set that could be extracted, which was removed by the time the Individual Box Sets were released). I think he still has input on archived releases(even if he does not care all that much-IDK), which is what this thread is discussing.

18. Meng

Meng Forum Resident

I believe he also was responsible for the disc titles. (That was probably mentioned further up the thread.)

Frozensoda and rontoon like this.
  19. anth67

anth67 Purveyor of Hogwash

I like those.

20. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Yes, he came up with those titles. There's even an interview (audio) where he mentioned that. Also, he wanted to call the extra set not Continu/ation but rather Masturb/ation (no kidding).

21. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

He also nixed the idea of the box being in the shape of the van (which could be a good thing).

22. Saintbert

Saintbert Forum Resident

That would probably have made the box impractically large, with a lot of unused empty space inside...

23. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

After buying the set penniless fans could live in it down by the river.

Ere, tkl7, mastaflatch and 12 others like this.
  24. surfling

surfling Forum Resident

that cracked me right up :laugh:

Rooster_Ties likes this.
  25. Meng

Meng Forum Resident

:biglaugh: