Pink Floyd - The Early Years 1965-1972 Box Set - Realiz/ation (Content, tracks, etc. ONLY!)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by stereoptic, Nov 2, 2016.

1. Bink

Bink Forum Resident

The Directors Cut dvd does not have a 5.1 mix .

JediJoker likes this.
  2. Jam757

Jam757 Forum Resident

Thanks. I guess it’s been awhile since I watched it.

3. Bink

Bink Forum Resident

I have not watched the Directors Cut in years. My go-to version is the original version that is a bonus feature on the dvd. The downside of that is I rarely get to see the Abbey Road footage.

The Directors Cut does at least include interview footage that was exclusive to that version but I haven't seen these for a long time as I really can't deal with the new non Floyd cutaway shots that were inserted into the Directors Cut version.

Adrian Maben has been showing the original version along with an extra documentary using the interview footage in various screenings. I have been eagerly waiting for this to be released on blu ray.

Jam757 likes this.
  4. Jam757

Jam757 Forum Resident

I think on the DVD I have only the Directors Cut is in 16:9 while the original film is 4:3 which would explain why I normally watch the DC.

5. Bink

Bink Forum Resident

I am the opposite. I want to see the film in the format it was filmed in and would hope whenever the blu ray is released that they release it in 4:3.

Kalli, pinktree1, JediJoker and 2 others like this.
  6. Jam757

Jam757 Forum Resident

I will watch it again in 4:3. I can totally understand why you prefer that version. I’m watching on a huge projector screen so 16:9 usually looks pretty incredible. Either way it sounds like I’m gonna have to get this set for the 5.1 and the Pompeii CD for the car.

Bink likes this.
  7. Jam757

Jam757 Forum Resident

I’ve been ordering some U.K. versions of these. Can someone confirm that these are region free? The seller Rare Waves has the blu ray listed as region B while on Discogs they’re all region 0.

8. Luisboa

Luisboa Forum Resident

Im almost certain they are region free. But is better to confirm with someone wiser.
    Mine came with the sticker region 0

9. Jam757

Jam757 Forum Resident

Thank you!

andrewskyDE likes this.
  10. amonjamesduul

amonjamesduul Forum Resident

If I had any video editing skills I would burn a Pompeii Blu ray using the 4.3 video from the DC and the 5.1 audio from the EY.

11. Sevoflurane

Sevoflurane Forum Resident

Don’t they run at different speeds, or is that just the PAL release? If I play the audio ripped from the DC vs. the EY, the DC is noticeably higher pitched.

12. amonjamesduul

amonjamesduul Forum Resident

Not sure,never dealt with the PAL release.Hopefully we get an official Blu ray with all this mess straightened out,including all versions with multiple audio options and that documentary thing tacked on.

13. Hymie the Robot

Hymie the Robot Forum Resident

...not only is the directors cut dvd stereo only, there is no uncompressed option. Dolby Digital stereo only.

JediJoker likes this.
  14. Six Bachelors

Six Bachelors Troublemaking enthusiast

There is bright and harsh and then there is this. Both the stereo and the surround presentations are so powerfully shrill that I have to assume either Andy Jackson made a mistake, Andy Jackson has dramatic hearing loss or there was an error in the way the audio made it to disc and it was too late to fix it. There are some moments were the audio distorts that just can't be on the original source. I can tolerate this but it was a huge disappointment for me at the time. I was so excited to get a lossless surround sound of this and...yeah...this wasn't good.

15. realmdemagic

realmdemagic Forum Resident

I'm still debating on saving up for the big box. I'm interested in the exclusive Continu/ation discs. Can anyone comment on the sources used for each track and if they are upgrades to what's in circulation bootleg wise (ie what's floating around on youtube)

16. Deek57

Deek57 Forum Resident

It would be quicker for you to back read this thread than it would for me to say what is right and wrong about the continu/ation set.

Jerry Horne, JediJoker and rontoon like this.
  17. Kalli

Kalli Forum Resident

A lot of disappointments here as well. Many of the songs are soundwise a lot inferior compared to what is circulating. But it has a very nice Echoes and one of my secret favourites, Corrosion alias Moonhead. I made my own compilation using better sources if avaiable.

18. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

All available on boots in equal or better quality - both audio and video.

19. HiResGeek

HiResGeek Seer of visions

Hi all, can anyone confirm that this set includes, in addition to all of the extras, all of the studio album tracks found on the standard albums from Piper through Obscured by Clouds? Apologies if this was posted elsewhere in this thread, but I don't have time to wade through 340+ pages of responses to find the answer.

20. FredHubbard

FredHubbard Forum Resident

no it does not

JediJoker likes this.
  21. HiResGeek

HiResGeek Seer of visions

thanks. I guess with the Discovery set coming out not long before this was released, there wasn't really much need.

22. bobcat

bobcat Forum Resident

Which boots? (or maybe there are too many to list.)

23. realmdemagic

realmdemagic Forum Resident

I bit the bullet and snatched a good used copy online. Looking forward to digging into the box when it arrives.

24. Outside The Wall

Outside The Wall Forum Resident

It’s been announced that a mono remaster of Pink Floyd’s second album A Saucerful Of Secrets will be released to mark this year’s Record Store Day on April 13th!
    To mark the announcement, a video for Let There Be More Light – the opening track on A Saucerful Of Secrets – which was filmed on the London underground in 1968 has been released. See:

The video featured in the Germination set.

25. MadFloyd

MadFloyd Forum Resident

Why isn't it the entire song?