Pink Floyd - The Early Years 1965-1972 Box Set - Realiz/ation (Content, tracks, etc. ONLY!)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by stereoptic, Nov 2, 2016.

1. Six Bachelors

Six Bachelors Troublemaking enthusiast

As mentioned on here recently, Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast is cut off early. The audio is on the disc but the authoring somehow stops it from being played completely when you play it through the menu.

Captain Rogers likes this.
  2. Captain Rogers

Captain Rogers Forum Resident

Ok, so when you selct that track it cuts off eatly but plays fine otherwise

3. Six Bachelors

Six Bachelors Troublemaking enthusiast

Well...it's some time since I put the Blu-Ray in and played AHM quad through the menu but as I recall it's not possible to play it through the menu in any way without the track cutting off. You have to extract and isolate the AMH quad files from the disc and play it that way. I can't remember how I did it, but I did it.

4. peterpyser

peterpyser Forum Resident

5. NunoBento

NunoBento Rock 'n' Roll Star

6. Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne WYWH (1975-2025)

7. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Possibly. But it doesn't fit in the released version of the box packaging.

8. Sytze

Sytze Senior Member

Would have been nice to have that thing in that expensive box set, but no way I'm going to put in an extra $65 order for it.

Lost In The Flood, Big Pasi and Kalli like this.
  9. Captain Rogers

Captain Rogers Forum Resident

Yah, nice but I already bought 2 sets, got a good deal at 240 CAD each but still, 65 is too much,
    30-35, I would reconsider it. It was a bit of work getting the replacement discs after they closed the email address. I was not impressed

10. JulesRules

JulesRules Weaponized, Deranged Warthog Thug

For a second I thought it read "Made in the USB" :biglaugh:

Yayastone likes this.
  11. JulesRules

JulesRules Weaponized, Deranged Warthog Thug

There were some plush pigs at the exhibition on Dortmund. They also had the van. But I honestly couldn't justify buying either. I did pick up the set of Dark Side playing cards, though...

12. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

You can pick them up via the official online PF Store too.

JulesRules likes this.
  13. NunoBento

Algie is flying over my living room and she's GLORIOUS. :love:

[​IMG]

14. Colocally

Colocally One Of The New Wave Boys

Fabulous, but you seem to be running out of space. Either you have really small doors, or that is a really tall room....

15. Luisboa

Luisboa Forum Resident

You need a big ladder to choose a record, or ask the pig to do it for you. :righton:

16. NunoBento

5 metres tall!

I need a massive ladder, yes :D
    You can see the top of the ladder in the bottom right corner ;)

Billy_Sunday and Colocally like this.
  17. happydeathman

happydeathman Forum Resident

I noticed this earlier whilst browsing on the Amazon.co.uk website.

It's obviously a bootleg, but was wondering if the copyright protection period for these sessions has now expired?

[​IMG]

RiRiIII likes this.
  18. NunoBento

That's some terrible artwork.

19. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member

The copyright period has passed but I don't think that it matters with these "broadcast" CDs. Radio broadcasts (though some of these releases weren't and they just call them that) fall under a different loophole and either the age doesn't come into play or it's much earlier than 50 years because I've seen at least as recent as 80s material.

20. I believe foreign radio recordings can't be copyrighted in the UK, which is why a whole cottage industry has sprung up around archival radio performances on CD.

Lost In The Flood likes this.
  21. EdwinM

EdwinM Grumpy old man

True, but looking at this Pink Floyd CD I recognize a number of BBC sessions that are also on the Early Years box set.

22. Runicen

Runicen Forum Resident

Going to venture to guess different sources used here. Copyright or no, I can't imagine you could have two legitimate products on the market - one sanctioned and one not - of the same session from the same source...

EDIT: And I recognize this is splitting hairs a bit, but my guess is that two different sources for audio would legally be treated as "separate recordings."

23. EdwinM

EdwinM Grumpy old man

Just imagine the full version of Reaction in G has surfaced

24. Outside The Wall

Outside The Wall Forum Resident

Tomorrow - the 14th April - marks the 50th anniversary of the premiere performance of "The Massed Gadgets of Auximenes – More Furious Madness from Pink Floyd"!
    Time to celebrate the fact with some viewing and listening from "Dramatis/ation"!

25. Flaming Torch

Flaming Torch Forum Resident

Thanks, great call. I too am a big fan of that period (pre Dark Side) when to quote David they were blundering around in the dark. Absolutely great timeless rock/prog whatever you want to call it music.