Pink Floyd - The Early Years 1965-1972 Box Set - Realiz/ation (Content, tracks, etc. ONLY!)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by stereoptic, Nov 2, 2016.

1. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

The prism in that hand... it's taken from a wallpaper. I know that because I used the exact same pic on some artwork I did privately few years ago.^^

Billy_Sunday likes this.
  2. voles

voles Forum Lurker

Well the end is missing from my DVD Rip

3. voles

voles Forum Lurker

So apart from these, the Blu-Ray effectively mirrors the content of the DVD?

4. voles

voles Forum Lurker

Meddle sounds like a stereo remix to me. Sounds good anyway.

5. Zongadude

Zongadude Music is the best

I bought the plush pig at the exhibition in London, and offered it to my daughter. She loves it !
    (I also bought the glass DSOTM prism and offered it to my son.).
    (and for me, I offered myself the great book/catalog of the exhibition).

JulesRules, andrewskyDE and rontoon like this.
  6. Colocally

Colocally One Of The New Wave Boys

Did you accept it?

Billy_Sunday and Zongadude like this.
  7. Zongadude

:D
    Yes I was very happy. It was so unexpected ! :laugh: :cool:

8. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

Was this the Book you bought, which was tied into the Art Exhibit-AFAIK? I was happy that this Book was available at a few Bookstores and On-Line Sites that sells Books.

[​IMG]

andrewskyDE, fishcane and Zongadude like this.
  9. Zongadude

Yes, the very same :)
    Great book.

TheSeldomSeenKid likes this.
  10. TheSeldomSeenKid

It is nice for those of us who could not go see the Exhibit, to be able to buy this Book.

zinan and Zongadude like this.
  11. Zongadude

Absolutely !
    I know the feeling because I was able to buy the "BOWIE IS" book that way, as I couldn't go to the exhibit.

TheSeldomSeenKid likes this.
  12. duneman

duneman Forum Resident

I 'happened' ;) to schedule a business trip to London the last weekend of the exhibit, but unfortunately when I arrived at the museum found that one needed to book in advance and I couldn't get in! Completely sold out as one might expect.

Had to settle for the gift shop, which of course, had no such requirement. Bought the exhibit catalog, a copy of Nick's book, and a copy of Saucerful, as that was the only disc missing from my collection. Dang! I purposely arrived early to catch the exhibit. Somewhat of a waste but oh well - it was my own fault for not checking the admissions requirements to the exhibit.

Welcome to the Machine...

13. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

If you had checked ahead, and found it already sold out, you might have given the gift shop a pass too.

duneman likes this.
  14. Rekkerds

Rekkerds Forum Resident

Can't wait until Their Mortal Remains comes to the U.S. Road trip to wherever it is! Or maybe Spain :shh:

pablorkcz likes this.
  15. TheLazenby

TheLazenby Forum Resident In Memoriam

So THAT's what that book is! Just saw that in a Half Price Books.

16. Felix Atagong

Felix Atagong Forum Resident

Pretty typical superfluous exhibition catalogue with pompous text (some that have errors in them) was my first impression of it.

Chris M likes this.
  17. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Hope the other book (a catalogue of Gilmour's guitars for the auction at Christie's) would be available on Ebay or Amazon soon.
    I don't wanna create a member account on the Christie's webpage just for the book.^^

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
    Billy_Sunday and duneman like this.
  18. duneman

duneman Forum Resident

How true! Plus it was a very nice walk from my hotel across Hyde Park to the V&A. After my truncated visit to the V&A I wandered around until I found a nice area with a good restaurant for a spot of lunch. Started reading Nick's book and finished it that weekend. Very enjoyable.

19. dzhason

dzhason Forum Resident

A week or two ago, in the throes of a Pink Floyd listening binge, I decided to order The Early Years box but, when I received it, I had been shipped the complete DVD set for the Little House on the Prairie tv series. After shipping the wrong set back so I could get the correct item, my Pink Floyd binge had cooled a bit, and after having read some problems with the set in this thread, I cancelled my order. Now I’m starting to suffer from a 2nd bout of regret for cancelling the order. :doh:

There are a lot of pages in this thread and I haven’t read anywhere near all of them, but from the pages I have read I’ve learned of the following problems with the set:

• Meddle multichannel mix removed but still accessible if extracted from disc using a computer
    • Obscured By Clouds multichannel mix removed (I guess this and the previous technically aren’t an issue, but they are a bummer)
    • Authoring problem with “Alan’s Psychedelic Breakfast” prevents entire track from being played via menu (but can be extracted using computer)
    If anyone who’s been following the thread and familiar with the box could share a summary of any major issues I may have missed, I’d be greatly appreciative! I’ve also read things here concerning lossy audio being used on some tracks, phase issues on ‘67 Pow R Toc R; I’m not so much concerned with things such as this but certainly would like to know if there are any issues I’ve missed that are along the lines of the “Alan’s Psychedelic Breakfast” issue I’ve listed above.

Meanwhile, I’ll be combing the thread for other issues.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
  20. dzhason

dzhason Forum Resident

I’ve just spent the afternoon streaming the ‘67 Stockholm and first couple John Latham tracks and I’m already regretting cancelling my order. Before I was thinking that it would probably end up that I wouldn’t be all that interested in the live material and not listening to it, but based on just what I’ve heard so far I have to say that I feel completely the opposite.

21. central616

central616 Forum Resident

The Reveber/ation version of Embryo, altough in mono, sounds better than any bootleg version circulating. Just saying.

Btw, nobody has clarified/cares about the song in the Dramatis/ation music menu. I'm still very curious about that. It seems to be an outtake from More. I want to know!

michanes likes this.
  22. central616

central616 Forum Resident

If you are only interested in the music, just buy Cambridge St/ation and Devi/ation, they have mostly all the stuff that never circulated before and the bootlegs will provide you better quality on the rest of material.
    They done a fantastic job restoring the video tapes, so if you like them, the complete box is for you.

23. dzhason

dzhason Forum Resident

Thanks, I’ve considered that too as an option. I watched some of the video footage on YouTube today as well and really liked it. I’m also interested in the 7” LP singles, seems like some of those tracks but not all are on Relics (which I don’t have). I’m thinking I’ll probably just end up going for the box.

24. TheSeldomSeenKid

Where did you order the Box Set from? Why not just reorder it, if you regret not asking for a proper replacement?
    Did Little House on the Prairie cost the same price as The Early Years Box Set?
    You might want to verify if this Box Set was not reprinted and the files for the Surround Sound of 'Meddle' was not removed like was done for the Individual Box Set that Disc came with, if you want it, but I am guessing that after 'Animals' 5.1 gets released later this year or next year, that a similar BluRay 5.1 for 'Meddle' will also get a release.

I bought the 6 Individual Box Sets, and happy with those Sets, as less if a space eater. Although, I wish I had the Music on the 7th Set which is only available in the Bog Box Set, but not owning the Movies is ok, as doubt I would have watched them more than a few times anyways.

dzhason likes this.
  25. I wonder if they'll sell that 7th set separately once they've sold through their box set inventory?

TheSeldomSeenKid and dzhason like this.