Pink Floyd The Early Years Blu-Ray Issues

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Hattipper, Sep 2, 2019.

1. recordromantic

recordromantic Forum Resident

No. It’s identical to the previous one: 12 minutes long instead of 13 minutes.

zinan likes this.
  2. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member

So some are getting replies to their e-mails asking for more info, some are getting shipment confirmation (and some have gotten the discs), some have received no reply (despite e-mailing early on when the announcement was made) and some are being told they can't be helped because they didn't buy the set in a certain location (while others in the same locations are getting replacements). Quite a lack of consistency here. If I don't hear something by the beginning of next week, I guess I'll resend the e-mail and hope it gets seen by one of the people who are actually giving out the replacements and not the one(s) who say to go ask Sony or the store where I purchased the set.

Hattipper likes this.
  3. recordromantic

Thanks for the info.
    A friend of mine has a drive so I will try to check with him (how will I find it exactly?).
    But I am pretty sure these discs are not newly pressed.
    It took too little time to send out these replacements to be able factor in repress and distribution.

4. recordromantic

...and some are getting replacements that are more or less identical to the defective discs. :help:

rnranimal likes this.
  5. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member

It would be interesting to see if it's on there. They could be sending out ones they have that were pressed for the individual releases (of which no one has reported bubbling). For Continuation, they had sent out some replacements for D1 soon after the box was released and so far no one has reported issues with the replacement. That still leaves D2, though. That would seem to have to have come from leftovers of the original pressing or new pressings and I agree it seems way too soon for new pressings to be sent out.

6. Cenobyte

Cenobyte Raving & Drooling

I hadn't checked my box since last year, knew about these issues but hadn't got around to checking my discs... since this replacement thing is happening I went in last night and took all the pics and stuff... and yeah 3 of my discs are obviously rotting, the others have those rough edges, a couple look fine... I included a snap of the front and back of each and basically said this:

"I’d like all of these discs replaced as this box cost me $650 CAD on release day... I’m an avid fan and want to be able to use this set well into the future. I’m surprised that the label would release such low quality product, sure the box set is nice but what matters is the audio/visual content right?!

While I appreciate that this replacement program has been spun up, I should mention that how this is handled will determine if I keep my 2019 Pink Floyd Later Years box pre-order. "

I got the request received receipt which says 1-2 business days to respond, will update once I find out what they're doing.

7. tommyball

tommyball Forum Resident

It looks like it can take up to 2 weeks to receive a response on the BR disc replacement.

I am a US customer and bought the set from Best Buy; I emailed WMG on Oct 4 with pictures of the front and back of all discs and a screenshot of my original purchase receipt. I requested a replacement for all of the discs, though a few showed no signs of deterioration. On 10/17 I received a response saying they would send dispatch details soon. This morning (10/18) I received shipping confirmation that all discs are being replaced.

8. Tubak

Tubak Well-Known Member

I received the 'famous' email from Warner today...

"Hello, thank you for your contact.

We have received your request and will send you dispatch details shortly.

Warner Music Customer Service"

9. spintheblack72

spintheblack72 Forum Resident

A question what is the Blu-ray version of Live At Pompeii Film visually like?

Do we think a separate version of this will be available at some point?

Thanks.

10. Cenobyte

You can find clips from the Early Years version with 5.1 up on YouTube. It's pretty good, there seems to be a new re-release of this movie once per decade or so, wouldn't surprise me if it were released again down the road in HD or even UHD, but who knows.

spintheblack72 likes this.
  11. DJ WILBUR

DJ WILBUR The Cappuccino Kid

i got an email my replacement discs have shipped

12. DJ WILBUR

Your shipping confirmation is below. Thank you again for your business.

ITEM
    QTY
    1965-1967 CAMBRIDGE ST/ATION 1
    1968 GERMIN/ATION 1
    1969 DRAMATIS/ATION 1
    1970 DEVI/ATION 1
    1971 REVERBER/ATION 1
    1972 OBFUSC/ATION 1
    CONTINU/ATION 1
    CONTINU/ATION 2 1

13. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member

When did you send your e-mail request?

14. pinktree1

pinktree1 Forum Resident

The hidden Meddle new 2.0 and 5.1 are at Reverber/ation, not at Obfusc/ation.

rnranimal and recordromantic like this.
  15. recordromantic

Where do I look for them? I have never played a Blu-ray on a PC.

16. Incredulous_Observer

Incredulous_Observer Forum Resident

They have finally announced this replacement program officially on YouTube and Facebook.

Pink Floyd

Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
  17. dtuck90

dtuck90 Forum Resident

Just sent my email requesting replacements. Considering it’s the same people that run the dead.net store I’m not expecting a response any time soon

ARK likes this.
  18. Mrmojo

Mrmojo Forum Resident

My replacements arrived today only shipped yesterday I think plant is around corner from me.

Vinyl1969 and Deek57 like this.
  19. DJ WILBUR

about a week ago.

rnranimal likes this.
  20. kolive

kolive 6070rock enthusiast

So I finally got around to looking at the discs.
    I saw the bubbling around 2 of them.
    Reverberation and Continuation disk 1.
    The latter must have had another problem (don't remember anymore)
    because I had been sent a replacement for that one (and another one too).

So I asked only for a Reverberation replacement due to the bubbling.

We'll see. For now it still plays.

21. Cenobyte

Sent first message on Friday, got this early today... decent turn around so far!

Hello, thank you for your contact. We have received your request and will send you dispatch details shortly

Thanks,
    Your Warner Music Customer Service Team

22. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Forum Resident

Just received today by postmail all BR discs as replacement. Excellent service. :righton:

Tubak likes this.
  23. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member

Who still hasn’t received any response? I emailed the 2nd with pics and only requested 3 discs but have heard nothing.

24. edfom

edfom Forum Resident

I emailed them last Wednesday and got a response yesterday (Monday). I initially emailed to make sure it was the right place to send the info to and got this response:

Thank you for your message,

We are sorry that you have experienced problems with your Pink Floyd Blu -rays.

Please send images of the damaged discs in reply to this email.

Could you also confirm you full shipping details and which discs need replacing.

If you have any further questions then please let us know.

Thanks,

Alison
    Your Warner Music Customer Service Team

Which was funny because when I initially emailed them at [email protected] I got this bounced back to me almost instantly.

Hello,
    Thank you for your email.
    This is an automated message.
    The email address you sent your recent message to is no longer being monitored. If you still have a pending question or concern, please email the following WMG customer service email address:
    [email protected]
    Thank you,
    WMG Customer Service

Anyway, I'll send them the pics in the next day or two and request all blu rays be replaced seeing as one of them that looked fine a little over a month ago is now rotting.

25. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member

Hmm, I emailed the earlyyears address in the initial instructions. Maybe I should send to this address