Pink Floyd - "The Endless River" -- New Release October 2014 (Part Two)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Mark, Jul 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

It will either turn out that they were recording vocals for The Endless River and people were just assuming that it was for his next solo album or that Graham is mistaken (my bet is the latter). And all the tracks were sourced from the 1993 sessions.

zobalob likes this.
  2. Sytze

Sytze Senior Member

Ah, I did wonder about that. But then how come the film version of Tigers did get released on the Final Cut reissue and the Echoes comp?

3. Teddy Novaks

Teddy Novaks Forum Resident

I think DG did "Fat Old Sun" at the Royal Albert Hall few years back.

Zack likes this.
  4. glenecho

glenecho Forum Resident

oh God...up to this very moment I thought Syd was saying "I see water underground". I've been listening to this album since I was 12.

I'm so lost and confused now...

Pupalei and Teddy Novaks like this.
  5. CDmp3

CDmp3 Forum Resident

Except for Piper, they acknowledge Syd's achievements

6. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

Tigers was also released as a Pink Floyd single as well. The "film" is owned by another studio and that is why it couldn't be included in the Immersion box. The music, for the most part, is owned by the band (mostly Roger) but the tracks which are sung by Geldof make things a bit more complicated in regards to an independent release.

7. Spacement Monitor

Spacement Monitor Forum Resident

There isn't a bathroom on the right, either. :D

jlf and lowellmorris like this.
  8. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

He IS saying that. You've just been spelling it wrong all these years. ;)

9. dirie

dirie Forum Resident

If David Gilmour was in need of money he just could have labelled "On An Island" as Pink Floyd. He could have sold out big arenas in 2006 instead of playing smaller sized locations.

He didn't do that and I'm sure he just followed his muse.

I'm sure he did the same when he started working on "The Endless River". And I'm really looking forward to that album.

Kim Olesen and Rooster_Ties like this.
  10. glenecho

glenecho Forum Resident

ha...I thought the lyric was: "The sound resounds around me, I see waters underground"

actually now that I think of it...I like that better!

rontoon likes this.
  11. tkl7

tkl7 Agent Provocateur

Well, THAT explains why everyone was giving me dirty looks when I was doing my business....

12. wayne66

wayne66 Forum Resident

Previously on the earlier closed thread I said that Gilmour could ease Waters fears about the new Pink Floyd album by appearing on Waters new solo album. Play a little guitar and let Waters be able to talk up his own mini Pink Floyd reunion, etc. Rontoon asked why Waters would fear a new Pink Floyd album. I will change the word fear to irritation. I hope Roger is over David using the Pink Floyd name like he says he is. I fear that he may get a little irritated by the revival of the name for this new album. So why not have David help him out on his new solo album. It seems logical. Roger's new solo album is a long time coming. Maybe David participation could be the catalyst to helping Roger finish it. That is all that I was saying.

13. drumzNspace

drumzNspace Forum Resident

I see Roger Waters underground. hmmm. a Rog is dead conspiracy campaign..

Teddy Novaks and glenecho like this.
  14. drumzNspace

drumzNspace Forum Resident

By the way, I just got through all this thread (and part I...). Now I can participate. The crazy crackpot I am having to have read it all first. Took me days. lol..

15. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

Roger is not irritated, he doesn't care. Not even enough for an official statement when he was asked for one.

16. wayne66

wayne66 Forum Resident

I hope you are right. Even if he is, I do not expect a repeat of 1987 again.

17. Zack

Zack Senior Member

That's true -- and Wot's The Deal too. He even did the AHM suite with an orchestra in the last decade at the invitation of Ron Geesin. Still, he once said of an earlier reissue campaign that some of the material he couldn't abide, but now he can't abide them in 24 bit blah blah blah.

18. Spacement Monitor

And yet, we're supposedly getting a blu-ray of Pompeii soon. Dave and Nick must realize there's some love for the pre-Dark Side Floyd.

19. xXFloydianXx

xXFloydianXx One Slip, and down the hole we fall

What are the chances that this new Floyd release is a double album? Yay, or nay?

Would be cool.

gabbleratchet7 likes this.
  20. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

Do fish in the river gill more?

I'll be here all week, folks.

Spacement Monitor likes this.
  21. Spacement Monitor

That's just not wright.

Pinknik likes this.
  22. Probably 1 CD 2 LPs like DB

23. Teddy Novaks

Teddy Novaks Forum Resident

Cadogan Hall, 14th and 15th June 2008. I was there; an... interesting evening...

Zack likes this.
  24. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

And Waters has done IF and SET THE CONTROLS FOR THE HEART OF THE SUN on his solo tours.

25. DreamIsOver

DreamIsOver Senior Member

I just don't understand all the hatred for AMLOR.

I loved it when it first came out and (after having revisited it recently) admit it does sound dated but it's still a decent album. It's biggest crime is being a product of it's time.

Carserguev and Rooster_Ties like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.