Pink Floyd The Later Years Box Set

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Ken_McAlinden, Aug 29, 2019.

1. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

phil.jp, NunoBento and jonnyslb like this.
  2. jonnyslb

jonnyslb Forum Resident

Yeah

chav likes this.
  3. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

All the above were caused by internal disagreements.

phil.jp likes this.
  4. jonnyslb

jonnyslb Forum Resident

Better than this is impossible, one thing we need to say the image quality of the content in this box will be top quality! DSOT film, the music videos, screen films, knebworth video of wish you were here, very good quality so far!

phil.jp and rontoon like this.
  5. NunoBento

NunoBento Rock 'n' Roll Star

What I really hope for Venice is an improvement on the audio quality and no cuts on the video. If all that is accomplished. the 300 pounds will be well spent.

zinan, coffeetime and rontoon like this.
  6. OAI

OAI Forum Resident

Looks great to me. I haven't watched the concert in a while, but those shots look new to me (could be bad memory), is it the broadcast version or were they able to go through the tapes and re-edit?

7. jonboy71

jonboy71 Forum Resident

Does this mean Animals is shelved for now along with any future projects related to the core four?

8. MechanicalAnimal6

MechanicalAnimal6 Forum Resident

Thanks for giving us some good detail then! Those pictures taken don't really help much, imo.
    Those photo's don't show the plastic sleeves that go inside the cardboard, so how would i have known?

That blog didn't go into enough detail and show everything i guess.

Still looks a bit like it's not worth more than $300 though for what you get...i could care less about all that extra paper stuff.
    Just want the cd's & dvd's. Seems to be a reoccurring thing with bands giving us crap we don't really want...just like some of the Frank Zappa box sets recently.

Oh well, to all that bought the set, enjoy. I won't be able to partake in this box due to not enough there to make it worth the way overprice purchase.

Anthrax likes this.
  9. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

The 5.1 mix of Animals was completed quite a while ago and has apparently been shelved for now. I'm not expecting to see any releases from Roger's era any time soon. Maybe we'll get Animals in 2020?

phil.jp, drum_cas, pinktree1 and 5 others like this.
  10. Azza200

Azza200 Forum Resident

that is disappointing that they have shelved the Animals 5.1 deluxe edition.

hiterss and Tim 2 like this.
  11. jonnyslb

jonnyslb Forum Resident

Since, accordingly with Aubrey Powell, the band talk with him about a middle years box set, the question is: they will release Animals 5.1 mix along with an Immersion box of Animals or they will use it to include in a middle years box set? Because, like rontoon state a few times, there's no new material to release from this era, only 5.1 mix from Animals, The Wall and the Final Cut, HD transfers from Short movie of The Final Cut, The Wall Live in HD from Earls Court (very tempting for fans those where the last shows with the 4 members), a Blu-Ray from the Wall Movie, and unknown hypothesis of having an Animals tour live concert in good quality, in audio (good chances) and video (all we need is a miracle). These are the major contents unreleased, from DSOTM and WYWH is everything in Immersion box sets!

12. jonnyslb

jonnyslb Forum Resident

Since they want to do a middle years box set, David tried to talk to Roger for allowing for them to use the footage from The Wall shows and other contents in Roger's domain, an in exchange maybe Roger wanted to use Pink Floyd to promote is activism and his new film, and David refuse. Just theories!

13. tommyball

tommyball Forum Resident

I believe someone (rontoon?) has stated in this thread that audio recordings from the In the Flesh tour have been reviewed and determined to be not worthy of an official release. There are plenty of great unofficial recordings.

rontoon likes this.
  14. chav

chav Active Member

Thank you

15. jonnyslb

jonnyslb Forum Resident

I lied, sorry. The version we'll get is longer than the DSOT album :cool:

chav likes this.
  16. chav

chav Active Member

This is 16:9... hummmm... maybe we prefer original 4:3, so we can have as much detail as possible?
    If so, I really hope it comes in 4:3.
    Sorry about all this, but these last weeks before we get the box are the worst...

NunoBento and mc9 like this.
  17. jonnyslb

jonnyslb Forum Resident

I don't know what they have in vaults, unfortunately I'm not the Pink Floyd archivist :cool:, but I would like to be. It's only hypothesis, if they don't have these kind of material it's pointless to make a middle years box set. IMHO

hiterss and tommyball like this.
  18. chav

chav Active Member

Yeah!!!! Just because of that, I think it worths the money!!!:goodie:

19. Sevoflurane

Sevoflurane Forum Resident

This is a shame. I’m not a Final Cut fan particularly, but Animals and The Wall are both crying out for 5.1 releases, and an official release for the Meddle and OBC mixes would be nice.

Back on topic; delivery date of 18th December for me.:mad:

20. ponkine

ponkine Senior Member

Just as with this Later Years box, there's plenty of material that was not included on 'Dark Side', 'Wish You Were Here' and 'The Wall' immersion sets

Pink Floyd '1973 - 1983' box set. What would you like to have?

Raziel666 likes this.
  21. coffeetime

coffeetime Senior Member

Amazon UK? Same here. Hoping it might arrive quicker - had a couple of deliveries next day over the weekend, despite estimated delivery of 3-4 days. Hopefully this is Amazon covering themselves with delays due to Christmas and we might get it Saturday.

Been practising my DVD audio ripping skills - got the 24/48 PCM soundtrack from David's In Concert DVD as individual tracks 24/48 FLAC files and playing back beautifully on my Sony NW-A45. Making sure by doing the 24/48 PCM files from The Division Bell DVD. Venice DVD soundtrack? I am ready for you!

Sevoflurane likes this.
  22. Sevoflurane

Sevoflurane Forum Resident

Amazon it is. I have both those DVDs ripped as FLACs too, and will be ripping Venice and Knebworth as soon as I get my hands on them.

rontoon and coffeetime like this.
  23. Azza200

Azza200 Forum Resident

Just release Oakland 1977 tidy it up a little and have that in the Animals box set. Is a great recording from that tour has the definite live version of Dogs & Pigs 3D0's

hiterss and mc9 like this.
  24. edfom

edfom Forum Resident

Well it was brought up earlier though I can't seem to find it. I did see for myself right after it was posted that the Floyd store did indeed still have the image in question as TER cover. Since then (a week ago or so?) the store seems to have been updated. There was also a reddit link that confirms this image had been used for at least a year. I found that link anyway. So there you go. Saw with my own two eyes and another also said that it was altered to have money clouds. And confirmation from reddit that this was the case.

reddit link:
    So on the Pink Floyd website they have this version of The Endless River cover art. : pinkfloyd

edit: Oh, found the post about it here. Go to page 154.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
    ARK likes this.
  25. Floyd22

Floyd22 Member

I presume that David Gilmour had a ''peace plan'' of his own to counter Roger's, and Roger rejected it.