Pink Floyd The Later Years Box Set

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Ken_McAlinden, Aug 29, 2019.

1. jɑmbo

jɑmbo Forum Resident

The only reason I can think of to not include that extra stuff on TLY was because they planned to do a PULSE release separately.

We'll just have to wait for the 30th anniversary edition of PULSE in 2025, with expanded tracklisting and Soundscape!!!

With the resurgence of cassettes, perhaps we'll get a special cassette edition reissue of PULSE :p

ARK, Runicen and St. Troy like this.
  2. Azza200

Azza200 Forum Resident

its nothing special

3. Bink

Bink Forum Resident

I suspected it would be something like that! I was imagining something like the videos that Queen commissioned for their Made in Heaven album which was released after Freddie Mercury died.

4. Todd Pass

Todd Pass Forum Resident

Or add the blinking red light to the vinyl box set.

5. Buran1988

Buran1988 Forum Resident

I got the box for Christmas 2019, but I've never watched it. I would trade that film and the lavish photos for a Carrera Panamericana CD... The Carrera VHS was awful and does not deserve a DVD edition. The music at least would be interesting.

6. Buran1988

Buran1988 Forum Resident

Nick Mason seems to be the next target. He also wrote that Nick didn't play on the "uptempo song", i.e. Take It Back. Bridges are still burning... and there's plenty of them.

obi, StormCloud, RAZORMADE and 5 others like this.
  7. edfom

edfom Forum Resident

Nick has always been upfront about what he did and didn't play on. Man has zero ego to bruise and knows what he can and can't play. Mother is a perfect example of it.

8. MrCJF

MrCJF Best served with coffee and cake.

I'm guessing that CD 5 from this set will stay exclusive to the box. All the others have got separate releases now.

9. MadcapLaughs79

MadcapLaughs79 Forum Resident

Another interesting bit JC replied to a comment on was related to what Bob Ezrin played. He answers saying

“Not sure what he played on AMLOR.
    On DB, there was a day when I was waiting for anyone to show up & it was taking quite a long time, so I started to make this sort of joke piece to play for them and say it was serious ( it wasn’t ).
    Bob arrived later and starting doing silly things on top of my very silly song.
    But then, to my horror the entire piece was used in the middle of Poles Apart.
    So maybe Bob claimed a keyboard credit for some of that.”

then a few posts below

“Just wish I could have been credited with writing it
    It does constitute quite a large portion of the song”

This all seems very strange to be coming from him after things he worked on 30 years ago. I don’t disagree with crediting but perhaps this may be stemming from financial issues because of the pandemic and not working… just my speculation.

One thing is for sure though. He is being massively passive aggressive in his replies and then when called out, says he is joking. Maybe Rog is monitoring his posts . I mean for a guy who owes his whole career to Pink Floyd he sure seems miserable lately.

10. Buran1988

Buran1988 Forum Resident

Now JC is claiming credits for Poles Apart :)

11. Billy Infinity

Billy Infinity Beloved aunt

JC says it's "Coming Back to Life".

StormCloud likes this.
  12. Ricky Lampoon

Ricky Lampoon Forum Resident

It’ll be Arnold Layne next……

13. Buran1988

Buran1988 Forum Resident

Sure, JC is definitely killing the past....

14. Felix Atagong

Felix Atagong Forum Resident

I happen to like that movie.

15. St. Troy

St. Troy Still superior.

Isn't CD5 the Knebworth CD (which has already seen separate release)?

16. jonboy71

jonboy71 Forum Resident

He said he wrote the middle section, which he didn't intend for anything other than messing around with Bob Ezrin. This seems believable to me.

StormCloud, Billy Infinity and aphexj like this.
  17. Sevoflurane

Sevoflurane Forum Resident

Given that Mason is on good terms with Waters, taking too many pops at him may backfire. Carin’s seemingly on a one man mission to alienate everyone in and around the Floyd camp.

Big Pasi, obi, StormCloud and 6 others like this.
  18. NicoD

NicoD Well-Known Member

Exactly, and this time that's quite a funny one :laugh:

(About Bob Ezrin)
    "Not sure what he played on AMLOR.
    On DB, there was a day when I was waiting for anyone to show up & it was taking quite a long time, so I started to make this sort of joke piece to play for them and say it was serious ( it wasn’t ).
    Bob arrived later and starting doing silly things on top of my very silly song.
    But then, to my horror the entire piece was used in the middle of Poles Apart.
    So maybe Bob claimed a keyboard credit for some of that."

19. Buran1988

Buran1988 Forum Resident

To me, too. As much as it's believable that Wallis played drums on Coming back to life (already knew that). But then, after some comments, JC claimed a co-author credit for Poles Apart, if I remember correctly. It's the same old song: he posts something, usually a photo, as a bait.... Today is DB-trashing day.

20. MadcapLaughs79

I agree. Its very unprofessional. The day he posted a pic of Rick and someone asked about how great it must have been to perform Echoes with him he basically says that Echoes has never been one of his favorites and made some kind of description that it's too heavily regarded by fans. Really?...

21. JulesRules

JulesRules Weaponized, Deranged Warthog Thug

A book I have says the drums are programmed on that song.

22. St. Troy

St. Troy Still superior.

I'm starting to think maybe nobody played anything on AMLOR and TDB, and both albums are like the apartment buildings "built" by a magician real estate developer in Monty Python, whose buildings only stood up because tenants believed they did.

23. MadcapLaughs79

So around spring of 2020 JC posted a picture of a gold pin he got during the Lapse tour with a condescending comment that said something like “what you get completing x number of shows with a top tier band”.

when people complimented it, he went further and said it was plastic. This was the first instance I noticed something had changed with his posts.
    That post is now gone from his profile.

24. Mark in Minnesota

Mark in Minnesota Forum Resident

Yep. When Dave, Rick, and Nick did the Syd Barrett tribute show back in I think 2007, Jon was also there playing keys. Maybe he did the arrangement for that show. :evil:

Freddie Barry and Ricky Lampoon like this.
  25. markreed

markreed Forum Resident

Actually, I did everything on AMLOR and TDB, but I'm contractually prevented from telling anyone. Whoops.