Pink Floyd The Later Years Box Set

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Ken_McAlinden, Aug 29, 2019.

1. ponkine

ponkine Senior Member

2. Tony Dogs

Tony Dogs Forum Resident

Of course they have. A lot of people have heard of Pink Floyd, because it's a very famous band. But that doesn't mean they know all the Floyd songs. If you ask a man on the street I bet the only Floyd song he knows the name of is Another Brick in the Wall (Part 2).

Flaming Torch and Lownote30 like this.
  3. Lownote30

Lownote30 Bass Clef Addict

And they would probably think it's called We Don't Need No Education

4. mastaflatch

mastaflatch God's Only Nose

I like the song alright (it was the first radio single in Canada back in the day and I remember going berserk the first time I heard it) but what's the point of this video regarding the boxset? It's also quite substandard for an official Pink Floyd video, lyrics video or otherwise.

Mrmojo, andrewskyDE, RangerXT and 6 others like this.
  5. Azza200

Azza200 Forum Resident

Yeah they could of least showed us a song off DSOT or Venice or the new edit of Keep Talking from Pulse

6. coffeetime

coffeetime Senior Member

There is a couple of months still to go; I’m expecting the drip feed release of video snippets and advance release of tracks for download between now and the end of November. The release of one of the remixed Momentary tracks from the compilation album could help build a great deal of interest and buzz (until people see the price tag, but hey).

7. jɑmbo

jɑmbo Forum Resident

I am surprised that they haven't shown any DSOT footage, or put a track from the AMLoR remix up for streaming.

Instead we get 2 tracks from Knebworth and a lyrics video for Keep Talking (???)

8. floydfan2410

floydfan2410 Forum Resident

Have patience

coffeetime likes this.
  9. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

They could have at least made the mouths move to look like they were singing.

10. jonnyslb

jonnyslb Forum Resident

Our friend rontoon I suspect that knows a little bit more about DSOT quality that will appear in this box set. Maybe he want to share something with us!

11. Ozric

Ozric Senior Member

I think it has been stated that the Video looks excellent, it has been re-edited and a 4K Scan of the film has been made.

12. jɑmbo

jɑmbo Forum Resident

Oh I know it's coming and I don't care that much, I just assumed they would kick off the marketing with the main stuff from the set.

13. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

I heard that it looks magnificent and I don't see why it wouldn't. Lana and her team do top notch work and I'm expecting this to be one of the highlights for me.

14. floydfan2410

floydfan2410 Forum Resident

Very curious to see what they have done with Venice and PULSE quality wise.
    The Knebworth clip they have shared looks quite good. :)

15. jɑmbo

jɑmbo Forum Resident

Yeah, for how good the Knebworth stuff looks, I'm pretty excited for PULSE and Venice.

Venice might quickly become my most played PF concert video.

16. Johnny Feathers

Johnny Feathers Forum Resident

Frustratingly, it would seem they could have easily put together a video-only box set for, say, $60, which would include DSoT and Pulse, with Venice and Knebworth as bonus content. Even $100 might be justified. Again, it’s just very hard to square the content with the cost.

I’m guessing we’ll see something like that, at least for the formerly-released videos, after this set is out.

17. oneslip17

oneslip17 Forum Resident

Impatiently waiting until the first clip from the Delicate Sound of Thunder film is released......

RangerXT, jonnyslb and coffeetime like this.
  18. Instant Dharma

Instant Dharma Dude/man

Fred1970, drum_cas and Simon A like this.
  19. ARK

ARK Forum Miscreant

Let’s see. Assuming 10 cents per week in late fees, you could take this out of the library and keep it for 60+ years and still be better off than if you bought it at lowest posted price.

What? Do libraries no longer work like they did when I was in 3rd grade?

20. OAI

OAI Forum Resident

High probability I'm misinterpreting or more making something out of nothing but I do find the Keep Talking bit strange. I mean I'm not even certain this is the 2014 mix, but even if it is, it's been out for 5 years so why tease with it? Is it possible we're being asked to talk about what we want added to the set? Maybe someone in the Floyd camp trying to stir up some heat to put under David's, or whomever the master-omitters may be's, feet in a throw back to the publius enigma days. Just find this particular track VERY odd, and until this thing gets released I remain hopeful that this Lapse of Reason corrects itself.

I mean if they wanted us to shut up they could have teased "What Do You Want From Me" from the same album.

21. jɑmbo

jɑmbo Forum Resident

I did find the Keep Talking lyric video a bit strange. Especially because we also got the Comfortable Numb from Knebworth 1990 on the same day.

tommyball likes this.
  22. Haggischomper

Haggischomper Scottish AF

Where is the Comfortably Numb video? I don't see it on YouTube

coffeetime likes this.
  23. jɑmbo

jɑmbo Forum Resident

It was just the audio and it doesn't seem to have been shared widely

Haggischomper likes this.
  24. aphexj

aphexj Sound mind & body

^ That's not the 2019 mix, then again neither is the video of "WYWH" on the official account, so who knows what the hell they're doing?

NunoBento, RangerXT and zinan like this.
  25. edfom

edfom Forum Resident

I swear they're sabotaging this release with the high price and the videos they've released so far.

mc9, RangerXT, Felix Atagong and 2 others like this.